Thread: local storm

Default local storm

a microburst, I suppose

the park down the street got hit hard and lost many large trees... looks like a bomb hit it. some houses had shingles blown off and I slept through it all
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Default Re: local storm

I saw y'alls radar, it looked pretty rough down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    . . .and I slept through it all
    I have a lot of trouble sleeping for a variety of reasons and such has been the case for a long time. However the harder, louder, more violent the storm the more guaranteed I am to have my best sleep ever. I have slept through tornadoes and hurricanes. I have slept through thunderstorms in a tent., Why is that?

Under other circumstances a cat meowing or a night light being turned on or somebody flushing a toilet in our still functional bathroom will wake me instantly.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Enjoyed mine last evening, wind rain, lightening. C'dog didn't care, lost my internet connection and the wind was strong enough to topple my beehives, still surprised it didn't. Slept like a log but, heck I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    I saw y'alls radar, it looked pretty rough down there.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping for a variety of reasons and such has been the case for a long time. However the harder, louder, more violent the storm the more guaranteed I am to have my best sleep ever. I have slept through tornadoes and hurricanes. I have slept through thunderstorms in a tent., Why is that?

Under other circumstances a cat meowing or a night light being turned on or somebody flushing a toilet in our still functional bathroom will wake me instantly.
    someone posting a political troll wakes me up... maybe why I'm sleepy enough to get through a storm
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.