Thread: Not that Chelsea, the other Chelsea.

Default Not that Chelsea, the other Chelsea.

Chelsea Manning

There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Default Re: Not that Chelsea, the other Chelsea.

How that messed up kid ever got into the Army should be investigated.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    One never knows when issues long hidden/suppressed will make an appearance.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

All I can say is that I sincerely hope her life goes better than it has so far.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I thought you meant

Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

Well, they let me into my army and they never should have. And I'm not nearly as cute as this young lady.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    I thought you meant

I see now that I left the gate open for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    One never knows when issues long hidden/suppressed will make an appearance.
    Manning had a history of psychological trouble from an early age. When I joined the Army, the feds interviewed my neighbors, friends and school teachers before I qualified for just a "Secret" clearance. A couple of guys in my class were denied clearance and were eliminated from flight school. Hello Infantry.

Manning never should have made past the recruiter's office let alone into intelligence and handle the "Top Secret" documents he turned over to Wikileaks.

I've said before - I don't know why, but the f'ups seem to end up in Army intelligence. Hello Chelsea Manning.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Thought this might be about Chelsea Clinton.

Vogue magazine is going to do a photo spread on Ms. Manning. I have no idea why.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

Manning had a history of psychological trouble from an early age. When I joined the Army, the feds interviewed my neighbors, friends and school teachers before I qualified for just a "Secret" clearance. A couple of guys in my class were denied clearance and were eliminated from flight school. Hello Infantry.

Manning never should have made past the recruiter's office let alone into intelligence and handle the "Top Secret" documents he turned over to Wikileaks.

I've said before - I don't know why, but the f'ups seem to end up in Army intelligence. Hello Chelsea Manning.
    Agreed. While my answer was a bit shallow, I honestly don't have any problem seeing her get beyond the recruiting office. I've shadowed several youngsters thru that process, and I couldn't describe it as 'rigorous'. The asvab is a start, but doesn't go into a lot of depth. Clearances, otoh... well, I join you in being amazed.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Some interesting points raised. I was cleared top secret because I was in a communications trade and the high clearance meant that if there was ever a need to transmit top secret information I was cleared to transmit it even though I never actually got anywhere near any top secret information. Some of the guys I trained with did not get the high clearance and there didn't seem to be any reason why I was deemed more trustworthy.

What's so funny about peace love & understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Chelsea Manning

"Be all you can be"

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    "Be all you can be"
    Another LOL.

Supersizing transformation. She looks better than he ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    Supersizing transformation. She looks better than he ever did.
    I was thinking the same thing (not that I'm interested...).

I would be unsurprised to read of Manning's untimely death due to the Black Dog within a couple of years. For the life of me, I'm not sure how a person with that pile of different bits of history will find a clear and fresh start. Though I'd hope that it happens.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I would be unsurprised to read of Manning's untimely death due to the Black Dog within a couple of years. For the life of me, I'm not sure how a person with that pile of different bits of history will find a clear and fresh start. Though I'd hope that it happens.
    If you mean depression by the "Black Dog" you may be correct. Se has changed a lot of things, with professional help and staying away from "publicity" she may pull it off.

Never heard of the black dog.

Yeah, Churchill described depression as the Black Dog. Apt, I think.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Yeah, Churchill described depression as the Black Dog. Apt, I think.
    The black dog is a cur mongrel scarcely deserving the name dog.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. No, I won't capitalize it.

She has had experiences most of us will never come close to. That could be a blessing. In her own world she lives in very interesting times. Her insights could make for a very profitable book. I would probably read it.