Thread: Exorcizing the White House - TRMP May Have Picked the Wrong Fight

Default Exorcizing the White House - TRMP May Have Picked the Wrong Fight

One can hope!

What Donald Trump Needs to Know About Bob Mueller and Jim Comey

The two men who could bring down the president have been preparing their entire lives for this moment.

'When Jim Comey first learned that Andrew Card and Alberto Gonzales were on their way to the George Washington Hospital room of John Ashcroft, his first call for help was to Bob Mueller. Comey knew that the White House chief of staff and the White House counsel would try to push the attorney general to renew the National Security Agency’s Terrorist Surveillance Program, code-named STELLAR WIND. Comey, who was then Ashcroft’s deputy, had spent the preceding weeks leading the charge against the White House and especially Vice President Dick Cheney against the program, which the Justice Department’s lawyers had determined was illegal. For days, Comey had weathered intense pressure to reauthorize STELLAR WIND, the debate escalating as the program’s expiration date neared. Cheney’s office had told Comey in no uncertain terms that if the program wasn’t OK'd, Americans would die—and their blood would be on Comey’s hands. . .

The story of that March 11, 2004, showdown—how it came to light and what it says about the motivations and the moral compass of the two men now at the heart of a new Washington showdown—should deeply worry the Trump White House.

Donald Trump, as it turns out, has stumbled into taking on two experienced Washington players on their home turf—in skirmishes that will play out in public Capitol Hill hearings with Comey even as Mueller slogs along with what is likely to be a quiet, tenacious and by-the-book investigation into the heart of the Trump campaign’s relationship with Russia.

Robert Mueller might just be America’s straightest arrow—a respected, nonpartisan and fiercely apolitical public servant whose only lifetime motivation has been the search for justice. He was the most influential and longest-serving FBI director since J. Edgar Hoover himself, and someone who has settled since his retirement from government in 2013 into being that rare voice-beyond-reproach that companies and organizations recruit to lead investigations when they need to tell shareholders or the public that they’ve hired the most seasoned and respected person they can find, someone who will pursue a case wherever it leads without fear or favor. He became the first FBI director to serve a complete 10-year term since Hoover, only to then see Barack Obama reappoint him for a special two-year term, a decision that required a special act of Congress and made him the only person to be appointed head of the FBI by two different presidents, of different parties.

“His gift is that he’s decisive without being impulsive,” Comey told me several years back, recalling his years working alongside Mueller. “He’ll sit, listen, ask questions and make a decision. I didn’t realize at the time how rare that is in Washington.”'>>>

Full article:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...15154?cmpid=sf
    Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

"Whether ours shall continue to be a government of laws and not of men is now for Congress and ultimately the American people." - Archibald Cox

Default Re: Exorcizing the White House - TRMP May Have Picked the Wrong Fight

I think the over under could be as high as twenty for jail time, this kind of investigation grows wings, following the money could lead lots of places.

Asset seizure will be big on his mind.

"Whether ours shall continue to be a government of laws and not of men is now for Congress and ultimately the American people." - Archibald Cox

Git'em!
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    I think the over under could be as high as twenty for jail time, this kind of investigation grows wings, following the money could lead lots of places.
    No POTUS will ever do jail time. His associates, however, had better not drop the soap.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    No POTUS will ever do jail time. His associates, however, had better not drop the soap.
    Rattling the teacups.

What happens when Trump asks for two scoops on his tin cafeteria tray?

As far as I know... (and I could be wrong)

Impeachment is a political affair.

Otherwise, he's subject to criminal law just like the rest of us.
    When he is no longer serving as POTUS, he can be tried and jailed for any crimes he may have committed. Like money laundering, racketeering, etc.

Need to impeach him first so he can't pardon himself.

It must be frustrating to be a guy who loves wooden boats and Donald Trump but likes to talk politics on hobby forums right now.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    It must be frustrating to be a guy who loves wooden boats and Donald Trump but likes to talk politics on hobby forums right now.
    Sorry about that Lew.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    Sorry about that Lew.
    ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    ??????????
    He can say anything he wants to me. I crave any attention. Although I find it puzzling too, Glen.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Bay View Post
    As far as I know... (and I could be wrong)

Impeachment is a political affair.

Otherwise, he's subject to criminal law just like the rest of us.
    When he is no longer serving as POTUS, he can be tried and jailed for any crimes he may have committed. Like money laundering, racketeering, etc.

Need to impeach him first so he can't pardon himself.
    Pardon himself? Whoah there, this is taking the Royal Prerogative a bit too far don't you think?

Well, let's take a look at the situation as an investigator would.

To start with a little background: Roberto Gonzales gives a different account of the Ashcroft theatrical in his book -one more closely resembling George W's recollection, in his. Comey and Shumer are buddies, from Comey's time as a U S Attorney for the Southern District of New York. Comey told Shumer the FBI was about to close the nearly year long investigation, no evidence had been found. The rumor mill the Times, CNN, and the WAPO had become had been a boon to fundraising, and now that was going to end, strengthening Trump more than ever. IDEA. A special prosecutor will extend the fundraising. Calls for a special prosecutor begin and leaks from the Intelligence Committee are fed to the news outlets, where they are sensationalized and released. Democrats react to 'em like a dog does when you say "treat", or "squirrel". Mr Rosenstein, having said he would be willing to, appoints Mueller.

Here's the dig, folks. All the stuff you've been reading has been viewed by the FBI and the Intelligence Committee for a long time, and they found nothing that suggests collusion. The Special Counsel changes the investigation from counterintelligence to criminal. On the surface, we have two directions this may go. One: Mike Flynn has been less than forthcoming about his status and monetary matters. That may prove to be problematic for him, but a lot is already known of this, and yet, still no charges. Two. The leaks. This is the most obvious criminal activity in the matter, to date.

Mueller is said to be allowed to go where the evidence leads him. The leaks lead a very different way. Two, actually. First, they lead to the leaks during the campaign, of Podesta, and the DNC. The DNC leaks lead to hiliary, and her foundation, and uranium deal. With Russia. Then the leaks lead back to the intelligence community, then to the unmasker, Susan Rice, and then to the communist organizer, and the Iran deal ( negotiated with Russia).

Be careful what you ask for.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Romeo Void...
    Heh, when it came out that song was a big hit at my college.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

He can say anything he wants to me. I crave any attention. Although I find it puzzling too, Glen.
    A failed attempt at satire. So, sorry Lew.

Also hoping to tease out a remarkable photograph with high parody value. Should I?

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post

To start with a little background: Roberto Gonzales gives a different account of the Ashcroft theatrical in his book -one more closely resembling George W's recollection, in his. Comey and Shumer are buddies, from Comey's time as a U S Attorney for the Southern District of New York. Comey told Shumer the FBI was about to close the nearly year long investigation, no evidence had been found. The rumor mill the Times, CNN, and the WAPO had become had been a boon to fundraising, and now that was going to end, strengthening Trump more than ever. IDEA. A special prosecutor will extend the fundraising. Calls for a special prosecutor begin and leaks from the Intelligence Committee are fed to the news outlets, where they are sensationalized and released. Democrats react to 'em like a dog does when you say "treat", or "squirrel". Mr Rosenstein, having said he would be willing to, appoints Mueller.

Here's the dig, folks. All the stuff you've been reading has been viewed by the FBI and the Intelligence Committee for a long time, and they found nothing that suggests collusion. The Special Counsel changes the investigation from counterintelligence to criminal. On the surface, we have two directions this may go. One: Mike Flynn has been less than forthcoming about his status and monetary matters. That may prove to be problematic for him, but a lot is already known of this, and yet, still no charges. Two. The leaks. This is the most obvious criminal activity in the matter, to date.

Mueller is said to be allowed to go where the evidence leads him. The leaks lead a very different way. Two, actually. First, they lead to the leaks during the campaign, of Podesta, and the DNC. The DNC leaks lead to hiliary, and her foundation, and uranium deal. With Russia. Then the leaks lead back to the intelligence community, then to the unmasker, Susan Rice, and then to the communist organizer, and the Iran deal ( negotiated with Russia).

And you know this, how?

Consider this: The fact that the investigations continue is all you need to know. What it tells me is that these people don't have the whole story. They are gonna get the whole story.

Hopefully before the Moron King turns this once-fine nation into a smoking, third-world hell.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Heh, when it came out that song was a big hit at my college.
    Their ability to drive that song was superb.

The B-52s were in that same league.

They tended to stay sober(ish) on stage.
    Rattling the teacups.

[QUOTE=oznabrag;5241127]And you know this, how?

Consider this: The fact that the investigations continue is all you need to know. What it tells me is that these people don't have the whole story. They are gonna get the whole story.

For one thing, the FISA court order to collect that data has been expired for a long time. When it was requested to be extended, the court turned it down.
    Yes, that drum will be played. Much like the Cheney/Rove drum that netted Libby for impersonating Martha Stewart.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

The Trump effect.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7740031.html

A senior German politician has called Donald Trump “a security risk to the Western world” amid reports the US President disclosed classified information from a vital ally to Russia.

Burkhard Lischka, who sits on the Bundestag’s intelligence oversight committee, said: “If it proves to be true that the American president passed on internal intelligence matters that would be highly worrying."

Noting that Mr Trump has access to “exclusive and highly sensitive information including in the area of combating terrorism” the Social Democratic Party (SDP) politician said that if the President “passes this information to other governments at will, then Trump becomes a security risk for the entire western world”.

Mr Lischka’s party is part of Germany’s governing coalition led by Angela Merkel’s conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    A failed attempt at satire. So, sorry Lew.

Also hoping to tease out a remarkable photograph with high parody value. Should I?
    You had to ask? Or are you waiting for a large enough bank transfer to clear first?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I would like to know just who is kidding whom here about "getting Trump impeached before he can pardon himself"? WHOEVER succeeds him will break any and all land scribbling-speed records signing the inevitable pardon papers for Trump, and most probably the entire bloody household as well. The very idea that this P.O.S. even gets near a criminal civil indictment is causing my funny bone to splinter.
    Frayed Knot Arts: Fancywork and Rope Jewelry
    http://www.frayedknotarts.com.html[

Unfortunately I reckon what vince is saying is correct. Precedent, the idea of prosecuting, let alone convicting the leader of any country is resisted because of the precedent it could set. The Nuremberg judgements must give many leaders nightmares, so many would be or would have been liable by that precedent.

Maybe that's the original intent of keeping that royal power.

I keep seeing the thead title as excoriating the White House.

Things happen without precedent all the time. It's called progress. The entire coterie of those who want to preserve the undprecedented as far ciminal proceedings and actual sentences for guilty verdicts for deposed heads of state are those who would sit in the dock. EVERYONE ELSE has a reason to want to break the precedent. Especially in this case, because, well, trmp is anomalous. AND the entirety of the concept of federal checks and balances was written for this occasion--to prevent a despot from seizing control of the government away from the people. The founders and framers might as well have named the concept the trmp principle of checks and balances for whenever the future unfolds just exactly this sort of anomally.

This is exactly just another way the Powers That Be maintain their status quo; by insisting that things in their favor are simply human nature and can't be broached let alone changed.

So 99.9 percent of the population would benefit enormously by such changes. It would be called progress. But all the sober adults in suits with upstanding American values of whatever stripe don't want to upset their status quo, and they think everything is hunky dory. 'We will always have the poor' is not written on a stone tablet handed down by the old man in the desert sky.

99.9 percent of the world's population since forever and a day, and for the rest of the indefinite future must not allow the balance of power or money to change and upset the status quo. Why! it's unheard of! We, the people of the world in our billions, should allow the same few hundred people on the planet with the most money, and the magic unseen dick of the marketplace keep us in poverty and starving by the billions, indefinitely?

Why not?

Put that whole cadre, and maybe some others that look like them, in the dock and then on the gibbet in front of the Washington Monument. Let dft et al twist in the breeze while the country goes through a period of mourning and then a national celebration of justice and the wisdom of the Constitution and the righteous awakening of a thoughtful, and patriotic populace.

Fifty years from now people will be both aghast and grateful for the whole trmp phenomenon for it's cathartic effect on our civil life.
    Our real enemy is the
    MIC

trmp is definitely one of the
    Men-In-Charge

It is their obscene, craven profit-driven global hegemony and empire building, that is the most important existential threat to human civilization.

Or fifty years from now the world will be politically unrecognisable, hopefully for all the other species nothing worse will have happened. Apart from it being a bit warmer……..

This act, like you know, tells us more about you than you can know.
    Last edited by McMike; 05-20-2017 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Targeted the wrong guy.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

OK, Mike.

That looks a little bit like I said something I did NOT.

mdh screwed up the code, when he lopped off a bracketed command.

Let's try again.

And you know this, how?

For one thing, the FISA court order to collect that data has been expired for a long time. When it was requested to be extended, the court turned it down.
    Yes, that drum will be played. Much like the Cheney/Rove drum that netted Libby for impersonating Martha Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    This act, like you know, tells us more about you than you can know.
    Yes. That's better!
    Rattling the teacups.

Yes. That's better!
    That's exactly what I meant!! Sorry bro.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    That's exactly what I meant!! Sorry bro.
    No worries, my friend!
    Rattling the teacups.