Thread: ramp on boat trailer

Default ramp on boat trailer

My boat trailer has a 3" X 3" main member. I would like a ramp on the main member to walk out on, so I don't have to get my feet very cold and wet when launching. Tell me how to make a ramp. I think 8" wide would be adequate, 4' or 5 ' long would be long enough. My boat is a 14' flat bottom skiff. The trailer has a tilting feature which complicates the problem.
    Last edited by Bluegill; 05-18-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: add info

Default Re: ramp on boat trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill View Post
    My boat trailer has a 3" X 3" main member. I would like a ramp on the main member to walk out on, so I don't have to get my feet very cold and wet when launching. Tell me how to make a ramp. I think 8" wide would be adequate, 4' or 5 ' long would be long enough. My boat is a 14' flat bottom skiff. The trailer has a tilting feature which complicates the problem.
    Can you post some pictures. Is it a single spine, double spine or "A" frame design?

This is what I built on my double spine rig
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Default Re: ramp on boat trailer

I just use U-bolts to attach a 2x12 to the center beam / main member. You can use cheap paint and sand / sugar / salt to give it some texture for traction.
    "The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
    Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.