Thread: How come you folks never join me on this very special annual regatta?

Default How come you folks never join me on this very special annual regatta?

I am astonished that few of my fellow WBF members ever sail with me and my friends in the best sailing event in North America. I just wonder why you could let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Come sail the Master Mariners 150th Regatta. One of the oldest and the largest classic yacht boat races in North America. San Francisco Bay, Memorial Day Weekend

I'll be aboard defending Champion Vectis this year instead of Lively Lady. Ocean 2 gets a break from me and my winning boat.

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 05-17-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    There is nothing you can do with an ape/human hybrid. They'll rip your arm off.

Default Re: How come you folks never join me on this very special annual regatta?

I live in England, not the New one.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Default Re: How come you folks never join me on this very special annual regatta?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    You are excused. If i do bring one of my boats to England, i'd hope you's sail the Solent with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Me too.

i want to do so very badly ted

next year please remind me at least two full weeks before the event
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    i want to do so very badly ted

next year please remind me at least two full weeks before the event
    Fair enough. Next year Paul. End of May as always. You have a place to stay or can camp on boat(s) for long week-end. Including a night or 2 at the St. Francis in San Francisco.

On a thread drift - I was just doing google maps exploring the ride from Alameda to Hell on my way to Mystic... then i thought about the muggy heat, rain and bugs. Flying sounds way more comfortable.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 05-17-2017 at 03:57 PM.

You wouldn't want me.

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    You wouldn't want me.

sure i would!

Dang, I'd love to, also.

I'm a fairly incompetent sailor, and totally ignorant of racing, but I can sorta sit still, and I'm real strong.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Dang, I'd love to, also.

I'm a fairly incompetent sailor, and totally ignorant of racing, but I can sorta sit still, and I'm real strong.

Peace,
    Robert
    When you sail with Louis and me, there is a sort of warmed fresh bread, pate, foie gras, a soft brie and quality appropriate beverage style to this. The thing about this regatta is that is a parade of sorts wrapped in a chase. The sought after cock flag prize is a badge of honor and recognizes there was exceptional effort in this pursuit.

We have room for one more. Rob if you want it - it is yours.

When you sail with Louis and me, there is a sort of warmed fresh bread, pate, foie gras, a soft brie and quality appropriate beverage style to this. The thing about this regatta is that is a parade of sorts wrapped in a chase. The sought after cock flag prize is a badge of honor and recognizes there was exceptional effort in this pursuit.

We have room for one more. Rob if you want it - it is yours.
    Sounds like I'm going to need some clothes without paint on them...
    PM sent, yo!

Peace,
    Robert

We are coming next year for sure. It's already on our calendar.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

I sailed Woodwind in the MM Regatta in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    We are coming next year for sure. It's already on our calendar.
    That would be fun. Lots to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang 13 View Post
    I sailed Woodwind in the MM Regatta in 1988.
    That must have been something. ill see if there are any photos of her doing so.

I'm working.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

I am astonished that few of my fellow WBF members ever sail with me and my friends in the best sailing event in North America. I just wonder why you could let that happen.
    I'm in Scotland. If you bring a nice big boat over the pond I can guide you around the Western Isles
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

Holy cow, y'all.

It does seem the Emperor For Life is going sailing...

I can never thank Ted enough for the offer.

Peace,
    Robert

I can never thank Ted enough for the offer.

Peace,
    Robert
    I have fun. I hope you do too! here is a video from a few years back on my old boat black jack doing the master mariners.

video starts at St. Francis and chases the bay and super boats everywhere. Note: we did take first that year. Alma is in frame on the video.

Off to the St. Francis Master Mariners annual luncheon. Delivering this years top secret t-shirts that Louis made. Ill post photo when i get back tonight.

Over 80 people attended the luncheon with excellent wine. It takes a lot to pull this event off.

Priceless Master Mariners Trophies, Room and More.

America Cup 76 sailed by.

The genius of Bill Lapworth can be seen in the L-36 class.

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 05-21-2017 at 09:41 AM.

LA to SF is a LOOOOOONNNG bike ride.

It does seem, however, that here on the left coast at least; the further north you go, the more wooden boat friendly it becomes.

I will, once again, be forced to sit here at my keyboard and drool over your pics.
    Schooner captains love to get blown offshore!

Tomorrow maybe the cock of the walk.

Best of Luck Ted, if it wasn't 5000 nautical miles or so I'd be with you in "Otter" rather than in spirit. Check yer genoa halyard tension. Great videos.

Dang, I'd love to, also.

Peace,
    Robert
    ^ I'd join you as well. By this time next year I might even be more than incompetent, now that the boat I'm building is nearing completion, and my newly acquired plastic wannabe is lacking just a bit of a fix-up. You're just a hop and a skip away.
    "... the door was ajar, and the game was afoot." Lawrence Block