Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you watching? (Movies, TV, YouTube, etc.)

Default Re: What are you watching? (Movies, TV, YouTube, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I got an extension cable so I can hook my headphones to the computer at work. . .
    have you not discovered wireless headphones yet?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Just watched the movie Blade with the bigs.

Otherwise, it's all video games (Quadzilla is quite the skilled "gamer" despite a very late start. He's also the greatest baseball hitter ever. Really. He hates the game, though. Anywho, superb hand-eye on this kid), or softball games or fails on you tube.

Nobody here watches teevee, except occasional sport broadcasts. The screen time is pretty limited, too, but we do screen. I will even occasionally screen, but I always ruin movies. (I ruined Ant Man by EXACTLY predicting the entire film).

The best thing we do on the screen? MarioKart on the WiiU. Idiotic, colorful, cartoon car racing. And it has a Morgan three wheeler! Second best is Wii Sports or the dancing games. Yes, dance around to win a video game! Haha.

Peace,
    Robert

Hey, if you ever decide to come down to the Twin Cities, be sure do it on the second or fourth Monday of the month, and you can contribute something really good to the pub singing.
    Thank you, that's very good to know! (And very kind - I don't know whether my contribution would be "very good" by your crew's standards, but I love a good pub sing!)

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    have you not discovered wireless headphones yet?
    No. I dislike sitting around with things poked into my ears, I dislike big heavy headphones that keep me from hearing what's going on around me (quiet office), and I dislike spending hundreds of dollars. If somebody made a very light old-style-walkman set of wireless headphones, I'd consider it.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Watched "The Promise" last night. The film is set in Turkey during the war on the Armenians. The movie is well done and quite moving.
    Highly recommend.

Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I'm re-watching this series:

An outstanding series... 100% filmed in hand-held 16mm, giving it a gritty, realistic 'look'. Absolutely superb acting, especially Andre Braugher, Clark Johnson, Yaphet Kotto. It's from the 90's, and might be hard to find... I have the complete DVD set.

For Baltimoreans, the series was filmed there... lots of local color and culture.
    We were living in Annapolis during the shows heyday. Filmed in Fell's Point it was one of those shows we never missed. When Pembleton got someone in the "box" it was a thing of beauty.
    Tom

No. I dislike sitting around with things poked into my ears, I dislike big heavy headphones that keep me from hearing what's going on around me (quiet office), and I dislike spending hundreds of dollars. If somebody made a very light old-style-walkman set of wireless headphones, I'd consider it.
    from the makers of the original walkman

$99.00

I have to say thanks to whoever recommended Black Sails I'm finishing up the first season now, and really enjoying it. Also watching Nurse Jackie, and Longmire.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Was going to watch season 3 of Man In The High Castle tonight but apparently it's been delayed. Watched YouTube vids of a car I'm interested in instead.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

The Crown season 2
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Nothing, it's summer. Up at 6.30, just come in from the workshop at 10pm after a good days sailing, some gardening, a bit of lawn mowing and working on a boat I'm restoring. Haven't bothered with meals since breakfast. Having coffee before bed. (I'm immune to caffein)

Just finished Longmire. Working on the Crown.
    Tom

Season 3 of Mr Robot just finished up this past week. Fantastic show. I think the first two seasons are on Netflix.
    And Outlander just finished up it’s current season too, so this thread is timely.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    And Outlander . . .
    chick flick

yeah, i watched it too, with sugarbritches. . .

Rewatching old movies I've seen dozens of times... because a GREAT movie is still great, no matter how many time you've seen it.

Last night: the 1951 version of 'A Christmas Carol', 'Miracle on 34th Street', and 'Casablanca'.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Finished season2 of Black Sails last night. It just keeps getting better and better.

Also discovered Lucifer. Fluffy, but entertaining.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Noto View Post
    I was enjoying our neighbor thread "What are you reading?" and found myself wondering what y'all are watching.
    A quick search didn't turn up anything recent, and a trial shot in that thread was not welcomed by the OP, so here you go!

Wife and I caught this, last night, on Netflix. I give it four stars. Two thumbs up. YMMV.

It's based on three different factual storylines from the '08 real estate crash. Clever, funny, heartbreaking. Well done.
    Highly recommended.
    Thanks for reminding me it is on my 'to watch' list.
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

I just watched Marshall... about Thurgood Marshall, the first African American supreme Court Justice. A good Movie!
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

For a while we were hooked on House of Cards and we discovered after a long time we had the same christian names, Frank and Klara, as the main characters, but when fiction and reality became to entangled we gave up. Rented Christmas Muppet Show with Michael Cained as Scrooge, very good, and later Its a wonderful life. Gave me creepy sensations of the US when it was beautiful and good in the fifties and the US now.

I'm continuing to enjoy Black Sails. Just finished the third season, and it wasn't as remarkably excellent as #1 & #2... but still very good, and with a very good finish. Looking forward to Season 4. Also waiting are Season 1 of Vikings, and a bit more Lucifer, and more Nurse Jackie.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Nothing as usual. It's high summer here and the beach and the boat beckon irresistibly…….

La Mante (the Mantiss), just released by Netflix Dec 30 /17, 6 episodes, French psychological / cop / thriller. Sub titles.
    Riveting, you can't turn it off untill you know the ending.

The downfall of a supremely unqualified US presidentóin painfully slow motion. On YouTube, mandolin lessons. Iím studying for a check ride and Iíve stumbled upon an entire A320 systems courseóI think itís Unitedís. Netfilex now and then. Their musical/rock documentaries are epic.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

I've spent all morning watching countless Youtube videos on how to repair the blue screen of death on my laptop. Finally found one that worked!
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

The Grand Tour. Amazon Prime's rehash of Top Gear.
    Nosce te ipsum

"La Casa de Papel" and "Black Mirror" on Netflix. Casa is a great heist story in 13 parts, Spanish production with Spanish actors you likely have not seen before but all very good. Lots of twists. You can 86 the English subtitles and listen in English if you use the "Options" icon and deselect the subtitles and select English for language. The latest Black Mirror seems more interesting to me this season than last, more like the first season.

I am just about to turn my attention to the first season of 'Vikings'. Anyone else watched it? Is it worth my time?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiefan View Post
    The complete Grenada Television Series of Sherlock Holmes, starring Jeremy Brett and Edward Hardwicke.

On sale at Hamilton Books (LINK) , item number: 6584373;

41 stories, 43 hours, 12 DVDs, published at $229.98, sale price $79.95.

#include [std-disclaimer]
    Jerermy Brett absolutely nails Sherlock Holmes! The best ever, I love this series!

Ralphie

Also watch:
    Deadliest Catch
    American Pickers

old movies on TCM

Ride, with Norman Reedus (sp?) is a fun show.

Grand kid is here, paw patrol, teen titans, davy and golith, sponge bobby square pants,cat in the hat,seseme street,..

I might get a chance to wstch the 5, greg cutfield, black mirror, ride with norman,married with children,tmc, 700 club,gunsmoke.i never saw that when young, the rifleman, walker is a texas ranger,, never saw that before, the walking dead, the alaska shows, live beloe zero, i have a crush on agness the eskimo tattoo gal.
    e

Nobody watches 'Vikings'??
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Planet Earth 2. We watched Islands yesterday.

Oh, I love the Planet Earth stuff. Itís so pretty. I envy people who capture images in a compelling fashion.

Plus, a three toed sloth (or sloathe, if youíre DA ) swimming is about as cute a thing youíll ever see.

Peace,
    Robert

Surprised no one else chimed in. I found it better than I expected and it includes some excellent wooden boats! The characters and the plot expand a great deal over time. The series touches on many factual characters and incidents and at times it plays loose with them too. Episode 8 in season 1 totally hooked me. The depiction of the Temple of Uppsala was amazing. The main chacacter, Ragnar is well played by Travis Fimmel as are many of the other characters. I grew a bit bored with the last season but overall I give it a thumbs up, especially the first few seasons. If you like this sort of thing then I would also suggest "The Last Kingdom," based on the Bernard Cornwell Saxon series of historical novels, a bit more accurate depiction of the people, events and times.