Thread: Raritan Electro Scan Marine Head

Default Raritan Electro Scan Marine Head

http://www.boatersland.com/rarest-12...uQcaAiDh8P8HAQ

Anyone have experience with this unit? Any other recommendations?

They work but use power, an issue with most sail boats. We had the chemical version by Raritan, the Purasan I think it was called. It needed some maintenance but freed us from that continual search for working pumpout docks.
    The bigger issue is waters where they are both needed and permitted, which is coastal waters inside 3 miles that are not NDZs. The big bays and estuaries in the US are more and more off limits for these systems.
    -Dave

Default Re: Raritan Electro Scan Marine Head

Quote Originally Posted by Woxbox View Post
    They work but use power, an issue with most sail boats. We had the chemical version by Raritan, the Purasan I think it was called. It needed some maintenance but freed us from that continual search for working pumpout docks.
    The bigger issue is waters where they are both needed and permitted, which is coastal waters inside 3 miles that are not NDZs. The big bays and estuaries in the US are more and more off limits for these systems.
    The one I posted is a pump out, uses salt water to sanitize the waste. I have a power boat and it's in Alaska, they are a little more open about pump out's up there! The Purason is a fresh water version I think?

Default Re: Raritan Electro Scan Marine Head

I had one for years on Enterprise, never gave any problems.
    Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

The Purasan works with fresh water, but also uses a fraction of the power used by the Electrosan. Our boat was based in the Chesapeake, still mostly NDZ free. I don't know of any East Coast freshwater where you can dump overboard, even if treated. At any rate, we needed to keep the electric demand down. We had a small holding tank for use when in the NDZs.
    -Dave