Thread: heavy rain here

Default heavy rain here

the thunder launched the cat about a foot into the air
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Default Re: heavy rain here

that's nice
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

"Thunder launched the cat" - a great name for a band.
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.
    -Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Thunder is very rare in the part of the world I now live in. I miss it. I have always liked thunder and lightning.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianY View Post
    "Thunder launched the cat" - a great name for a band.
    Their first album, "Dead Bat Salad"...

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Their first album, "Dead Bat Salad"...

Peace,
    Robert
    yup. I writing all of these down and am going to trademark them. Then I'll sell them to bands for a zillion bucks and live like Elvis.

hey - "Live like Elvis"...that's a great name for an album maybe, or a song for sure. Gotta put that one on my list.
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.

yup. I writing all of these down and am going to trademark them. Then I'll sell them to bands for a zillion bucks and live like Elvis.

hey - "Live like Elvis"...that's a great name for an album maybe, or a song for sure. Gotta put that one on my list.
    Actually, Live Like Elvis is the second record by Gatorade Johnson.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Actually, Live Like Elvis is the second record by Gatorade Johnson.

Peace,
    Robert
    You mean the famous blues guitar player 'Blind Gatorade Johnson" from Biloxi or "Little Gatorade Johnson" the soul singer?

You mean the famous blues guitar player 'Blind Gatorade Johnson" from Biloxi or "Little Gatorade Johnson" the soul singer?
    "Little" Gatorade, I believe. I think the title track was a duet with Velvet Escobar. Or her sister Penny. I disremember. May have been both Escobars.

Peace,
    Robert