Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: @Bobbys, how has Trump improved your situation?

Default Re: @Bobbys, how has Trump improved your situation?

Just in case the Trogs should decide to essay an honest attempt... here's a starting place --

Here's everything Trump promised to do in his first 100 days. He's done almost none of it.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/693812...ne-almost-none
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

Sure, maybe you never notice 10 anti trump threads every day here.
    Trump lines his own nest! No one helps him!

Trump Foundation?

​Hillary give him some pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin2 View Post
    Trump Foundation?

​Hillary give him some pointers?
    Proving my point! Just the tip of the iceberg though!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    If the sun is shining it doesn't mean it hates clouds.

The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
    Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and cry"
    And, dropping a barbell, he points to the sky
    Saying, "The sun's not yellow, it's chicken!"

Bob Dylan, Tombstone Blues
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    The Lord was not pleased with what was happening to the Hammonds. -- Ammon Bundy

As for me , I have .22 SHORTS available again.........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

I have lots of shorts too, jack, but mine are .34
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post

From the Troggs:

Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Your whining didn't answer the questions. Maybe bigger print will help. LMAO

How has having trump as president materially improved your life?

What is the upside of having a person, who the vast majority of the worlds population percieve to be a lying buffoon (not without reason) as your leader?
    I'd say your .sig answers for him..

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Bluefin tuna is toxic...

"The consumption of predatory fish such as tuna is the main cause of mercury poisoning in humans. Symptoms of mercury poisoning include itching, pain, skin discolouration, edema and a persistently faster-than-normal heart beat. Extreme cases can cause loss of hair, nails and teeth, kidney dysfunction and memory loss"

"Of the five species, the southern bluefin tuna and the bluefin tuna are most directly threatened with extinction"

our bluefin is certainly disingenuous and unwilling to have an intellectually honest conversation surrounding politics
    just like rod, and a bunch of other right wing trolls purporting to be from austin of late - all banned by the way
    i'm done with him, waste of time. . .
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    our bluefin is certainly disingenuous and unwilling to have an intellectually honest conversation surrounding politics
    just like rod, and a bunch of other right wing trolls purporting to be from austin of late - all banned by the way
    i'm done with him, waste of time. . .
    ya think????
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Shall we run a statistical analysis to see exactly what percentage of your posts contain a disparagement of liberals?

We can see how many anti republican threads you start every day, Im thinking about 3 or 4 ..

Rebuking them is " hate"

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Oh, I hate the EPA.

We live in a valley see, and when I was a kid, we couldn't see the mountains 50 miles away.

Now we have to look at them all the time. Well, say 32% of the time, but hey, we can see them, now.

Stupid CARB. Stupid EPA.

Peace,
    Robert

I see, so little kids and orphan's are starving and you want to take the money to feed them for Yer view. .

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    ya think????

Riding Pauls apron strings.........

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
    Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and cry"
    And, dropping a barbell, he points to the sky
    Saying, "The sun's not yellow, it's chicken!"

Bob Dylan, Tombstone Blues
    And that's why I come to this place, thx for the fun.

I see, so little kids and orphan's are starving and you want to take the money to feed them for Yer view. .
    Maybe it's because they have been able to get food that they can afford. Hence, you don't see any of them starving. Sounds logical to me!

Actually, bobbys, I live where the food grows. If you eat raisins, I can almost guarantee they came from here, for example. We need clean air to grow the food, see. And the clean water.

Also, the kids need clean air, so they don't have asthma and other breathing problems, because we are leaders in respiratory problems caused by air pollution. Especially particulate matter. We live in a big bowl, see. Valley.

Also, I regular feed, clothe, and shelter people and their kids with my own money and time. That dog won't hunt with me, fella.

Peace,
    Robert

Actually, bobbys, I live where the food grows. If you eat raisins, I can almost guarantee they came from here, for example. We need clean air to grow the food, see. And the clean water.

Also, the kids need clean air, so they don't have asthma and other breathing problems, because we are leaders in respiratory problems caused by air pollution. Especially particulate matter. We live in a big bowl, see. Valley.

Also, I regular feed, clothe, and shelter people and their kids with my own money and time. That dog won't hunt with me, fella.

Peace,
    Robert
    My respect only grows for you as time goes on.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Here's the thing that I never could understand - what is the downside to good environmental stewardship? It benefits us all in the long term.

Environmental regulations that led to higher fuel economy numbers are a great thing as far as I'm concerned. I went from an 8 year old car to a current version of the same vehicle this past Fall. The fuel economy increase that I'm seeing from the vehicle is about 30% - substantial. What's the down-side other than to the oil company's bottom line? Better for my pocket book, better for the environment, and ultimately better for slower consumption of a limited resource.
    Kind of curious as to what car had such a dramatic improvement in fuel economy in the past eight years. There is no regulation that directly affects fuel economy for any specific model, other than the ancient gas-guzzler tax that raises the price of a handful of luxury models. The fuel-economy regulations in place are for the average economy numbers for individual manufacturers, rather than specific models. There have been some significant efficiency improvements in engine design in general, but most are nowhere near 30%. Of course, one could usually buy a car with improved fuel economy, with or without regulation, for most of the history of the auto industry. That would be a personal choice, however. Might also note that until recently, fuel economy standards weren't considered environmental regulation--they had roots in the 1970s energy crisis, when reduced fuel consumption was deemed in the national interest.

I know this doesn't fit the bilge narrative, but Aya Hijazi is certainly happy today thanks to the current president.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

My respect only grows for you as time goes on.
    My humblest thanks for the kind words.

Kind words? What an understatement.

Thank you.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    Kind of curious as to what car had such a dramatic improvement in fuel economy in the past eight years. There is no regulation that directly affects fuel economy for any specific model, other than the ancient gas-guzzler tax that raises the price of a handful of luxury models. The fuel-economy regulations in place are for the average economy numbers for individual manufacturers, rather than specific models. There have been some significant efficiency improvements in engine design in general, but most are nowhere near 30%. Of course, one could usually buy a car with improved fuel economy, with or without regulation, for most of the history of the auto industry. That would be a personal choice, however. Might also note that until recently, fuel economy standards weren't considered environmental regulation--they had roots in the 1970s energy crisis, when reduced fuel consumption was deemed in the national interest.
    Honda Civic. Went from a 2008 fuel-injected four cylinder automatic that was a 1.8 liter displacement that managed about 28 MPG on my regular to-work drive (Based on a logbook of fuel fills to miles) to a 2016 with the 1.5 liter turbo and a CVT that I'm regularly averaging about 38-40 MPG with. The 2008 EPA specs were 26 city / 34 highway. The 2016 specs were 31 city / 42 highway. I've done a few long drives that averaged almost 50 MPG with the thing. Regularly beats the EPA sticker numbers. To be honest, I was skeptical, so I started to keep a logbook of fuel fills and mileage for the new car. The car's fuel monitoring system isn't perfect, but it's within about 1 MPG.

The thing about the new car is that the "mileage minder" which sort of changes your driving habits a bit if you pay any attention to it. So, the change in fuel economy is as much about the car and the engine as it is about the change in my driving habits. I'm far less of a lead-foot than I was with the old vehicle. I'm sure that I'd get better fuel economy out of the older Civic with the changes to my driving habits as well.

So, more efficient engine, transmission and driver.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

My humblest thanks for the kind words.

Kind words? What an understatement.

Thank you.

Peace,
    Robert
    My pleasure. Such kindness should be recognized, not reviled.
    -William A. Ward

I see, so little kids and orphan's are starving and you want to take the money to .... .
    A bunch of kids and orphans are starving, in both of our countries - or at least are really badly fed and housed. It's a travesty in each of our home countries, which are among the richest the world's ever seen.

If POTUS has signed one or another Executive Action into force since taking office which will give immediate relief while setting up for their long-term self-reliance, I've missed the announcements ... even the ones you and your friends must have helpfully linked from your preferred news sources. All I've seen so far is not encouraging - various things in the proposed budget which might cut support for food stamps or restrict what they can purchase, for home heating assistance, etc. These cuts are intended to help fund expanded funding for the military, or so we hear.

Is POTUS actually sliding new programs to feed and house children and orphans into place, and is flying so low under the radar that not even his favourable press sources know about it?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

(Based on a logbook of fuel fills to miles)
    analness warning! should that be anality warning???

sorry, i meant that seems very ocd

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    analness warning! should that be anality warning???

sorry, i meant that seems very ocd
    Have you forgotten that I'm an engineer?

We know that anal-retentive is spelled with a hyphen.

Just ask your wife.
    -William A. Ward

kat keeps the same kind of records
    just not in her own personal vehicle

Honda Civic. Went from a 2008 fuel-injected four cylinder automatic that was a 1.8 liter displacement that managed about 28 MPG on my regular to-work drive (Based on a logbook of fuel fills to miles) to a 2016 with the 1.5 liter turbo and a CVT that I'm regularly averaging about 38-40 MPG with. The 2008 EPA specs were 26 city / 34 highway. The 2016 specs were 31 city / 42 highway. I've done a few long drives that averaged almost 50 MPG with the thing. Regularly beats the EPA sticker numbers. To be honest, I was skeptical, so I started to keep a logbook of fuel fills and mileage for the new car. The car's fuel monitoring system isn't perfect, but it's within about 1 MPG.

The thing about the new car is that the "mileage minder" which sort of changes your driving habits a bit if you pay any attention to it. So, the change in fuel economy is as much about the car and the engine as it is about the change in my driving habits. I'm far less of a lead-foot than I was with the old vehicle. I'm sure that I'd get better fuel economy out of the older Civic with the changes to my driving habits as well.

So, more efficient engine, transmission and driver.
    Oddly, your situation typically results in a lot of complaints about not achieving the fuel-economy numbers. Turbocharging a smaller displacement engine is supposed to mean you are effectively using a smaller, more fuel-efficient engine for average driving, with the turbocharged boost available when short bursts of power are needed. This scenario is particularly effective on the highway, at speeds below when the turbo kicks in. Many folks, however, end up with their foot down and the boost up most of the time, particularly in stop-and-go driving,which upends the theory. The numbers are based on the optimistic scenario. The CVT also usually is the equivalent of a low-ratio rear end, with good highway performance. Might note that Honda has had it on the market for decades, and may didn't like it all that much due to the feel.

-William A. Ward

Wow. Some of you make it seem as if you wake up in some smog infested cesspool. Yet Americans are living longer than ever.
    So how much more money do you think it will take for the EPA to have us breathing straight oxygen while enjoying pure water?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    Oddly, your situation typically results in a lot of complaints about not achieving the fuel-economy numbers. Turbocharging a smaller displacement engine is supposed to mean you are effectively using a smaller, more fuel-efficient engine for average driving, with the turbocharged boost available when short bursts of power are needed. This scenario is particularly effective on the highway, at speeds below when the turbo kicks in. Many folks, however, end up with their foot down and the boost up most of the time, particularly in stop-and-go driving,which upends the theory. The numbers are based on the optimistic scenario. The CVT also usually is the equivalent of a low-ratio rear end, with good highway performance. Might note that Honda has had it on the market for decades, and may didn't like it all that much due to the feel.
    With the fuel minder thingie, I find that I don't put my foot down as hard or as much. Like I said, it is probably as much about the change in my driving habits. There's also a display option that lets you look at the turbo boost and I find that for most of my driving it isn't kicking in at all or for very short periods of time.

When car shopping I drove the 2.0 liter version with the CVT but without the turbo and didn't like it - it didn't seem like it could get out of its own way getting on the highway - it's probably that you don't feel the shift points with that slow, sort of linear acceleration. Drove a Nissan with the CVT and felt the same way. The 1.5 liter turbo with the CVT did just fine, however. () When you need it, it's there. Otherwise, it just sorta stays in the background.
    -William A. Ward

Wow. Some of you make it seem as if you wake up in some smog infested cesspool. Yet Americans are living longer than ever.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...s-report-finds
    -William A. Ward

Wow, barely into his presidency and you want immediate gratification. Typical lib.
    I can put up two things:
    1. Supreme Court
    2. Illegal's crossings way down

Not to mention that pretty hole in Afghanistan full of ISIS parts.
    Supreme Court?

Soooo . . . You feel OK about that?

Really?

Do you realize that once the Moron King is done with destroying our Governmental system, that everyone will be Fair Game?

And that's what you want?

Really?

Pretty pathetic.

The number of illegals crossing has been going down for years, but we're barely into Trump's presidency and you want to give him all the credit. Typical trog.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Supreme Court?

Soooo . . . You feel OK about that?

Really?

Do you realize that once the Moron King is done with destroying our Governmental system, that everyone will be Fair Game?

And that's what you want?

Really?

Pretty pathetic.

The number of illegals crossing has been going down for years, but we're barely into Trump's presidency and you want to give him all the credit. Typical trog.
    Seriously, I don't think Bluey thinks that far ahead!