Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: @Bobbys, how has Trump improved your situation?

Default @Bobbys, how has Trump improved your situation?

Bobby, I've seen several cheap shots from you lately at libs, kiwis, aussies about their thoughts on trump. So I'd love to see the other side of the story.
    How has having trump as president materially improved your life? What is the upside of having a person, who the vast majority of the worlds population percieve to be a lying buffoon (not without reason) as your leader?
    Seriously, I really want to know, because I just dont get it.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Default Re: @Bobbys, how has Trump improved your situation?

Pete,

I seriously hope you're not holding your breath in waiting for an answer, but it is a great question nonetheless.

It would be very interesting to see what Alvin or any of his cohort have to say.

Good luck!

Kev
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Wow, barely into his presidency and you want immediate gratification. Typical lib.
    I can put up two things:
    1. Supreme Court
    2. Illegal's crossings way down

Not to mention that pretty hole in Afghanistan full of ISIS parts.

So, your paycheque's looking more solid? Your health insurance looks stronger, rather than more fragile? Your confidence in America's domestic safety from credible espionage threats or jihadist whackos (native born or imports) is stronger? You're more confident that your kids will be living in an environment that is relatively pollution-free, and where American leadership is contributing to solutions for environmental issues affecting the region and the globe?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Paycheck has increased but not due to any president. Health ins is the same as when the prior ruler fubar'd it. Thankfully hadn't had to use it for anything but checkups. My confidence in espionage threats is what it was before - unchanged.
    As far as the environment I think we're just fine. Pounding down more regs/cost on corps that get passed to the rest of us just seems silly especially given what is going on pullution wise in the rest of the world. Bombing and chaos in the ME, NKorea detonating nukes like party favors, Japan seeping nuke waste, parts of Asia you can't breathe, Mexico which is a CDC nightmare waiting to happen, etc.
    Overall I feel pretty good about things in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin2 View Post
    As far as the environment I think we're just fine. Pounding down more regs/cost on corps that get passed to the rest of us just seems silly especially given what is going on pullution wise in the rest of the world.
    The Republican Environmental Ethic: we ought to join in on the pollution as soon as we can or it will be foreigners making the money.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This will be great if we get it done and if we don't get it done it's going to be something that we're not going to like and that's OK and I can understand that. -- DT

Yeah. Notice Bluey (coincidence? I think not) has offered nothing of substance - and expecting a coherent thought from bbbobys is ill-conceived from the gitgo. The NYTimes finally ran an opinion piece calling out the no-clothes emperor, for the lying, incompetent cheat that he is - but with his brethren in Congress, there are no checks and balances.

Caught this - it's the world the deplorables adore.

http://fortune.com/2017/04/20/white-...dow-chemicals/
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Here's the thing that I never could understand - what is the downside to good environmental stewardship? It benefits us all in the long term.

Environmental regulations that led to higher fuel economy numbers are a great thing as far as I'm concerned. I went from an 8 year old car to a current version of the same vehicle this past Fall. The fuel economy increase that I'm seeing from the vehicle is about 30% - substantial. What's the down-side other than to the oil company's bottom line? Better for my pocket book, better for the environment, and ultimately better for slower consumption of a limited resource.

I don't think we're seeing the type of immigration change that even Bluey wants - it is one of intimidation. Because of the economy, we'd been seeing a drop in economic migrants since the last half of the Bush administration. Still, we've got Trump working to make changes to the H1B and H2B Visa programs that would appear to be looking to undercut American workers for the benefit of large companies.

As far as the Supreme Court goes, Justices can be a funny thing. They aren't always what you think they're going to be.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Please, tell me where in our border is our environment (man made of course) so friggin bad? Then tell me how our president has made it worse is just 3 months.

Please, tell me where in our border is our environment (man made of course) so friggin bad? Then tell me how our president has made it worse is just 3 months.
    Really? Is that a serious question? Surely you have heard about the pending decimation of the Environmental Protection Agency and Trump's claim the climate change is a hoax stirred up by currency manipulators in China.

Quote Originally Posted by PatCassidy View Post
    Really? Is that a serious question? Surely you have heard about the pending decimation of the Environmental Protection Agency and Trump's claim the climate change is a hoax stirred up by currency manipulators in China.
    This.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I have bluey on ignore, and from the citations of his remarks I remain serenely comfortable with that decision.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

Yeah - interacting with *some* here is quite useless - either they're uneducated (on everything), too stoopid to process the information, or too nasty/trollish to be worth the time.

I don't see any upside to it.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

How about the fact that on January 26th, the Trump administration froze payments from the EPA to contractors that are involved in ongoing environmental cleanup projects. This includes stuff like EPA directed payments to mitigate the Flint drinking water crisis, on down to such things as payments for cleanup of so called Superfund sites? These aren't giant political footballs of abstract ideas and consequences such as global warming, these are things that affect the quality of people's lives and health today, right the **** now. . .
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 04-21-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Let's see. Where to start.

Coal country. With the ability to dump coal mining waste into surface waters, the President has made it worse. (http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...al-mining-rule)

Use your Google Fu, Bluey.

Also, there is some scuttlebutt about GE avoiding cleanup of PCB's that it spilled into ground and surface-water in the Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York area because of changes that were enacted by Trump. They were preparing court documents to try to suppress previous court orders due to the surface water environmental changes.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

The claim that illegal immigration is down is flat out refuted by the documents on which the claim is based. Read https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration .

What's down, by quite a bit, is the number of people who apply for entry at an official border crossing point who are denied entry.

This could reflect fewer unqualified people even making the attempt or it could reflect less capable enforcement. DHS does not have any evidence as to which.

Best case: Fewer unqualified people making the attempt. This could be that fewer people want in to the US, a trend that's been economically driven for years. Or it could mean that more of the unqualified are going around the official entry points either by literally going around or by using a visa they later over-stay. Again, DHS has no evidence one way or the other.

What we have solid evidence of is that deportations of non-criminals is radically up while deportations of actual felons is down. That's federal policy and it will have terrible consequences for local law enforcement and immigrant communities. The negatives of this policy are so well understood that we must conclude that this is part of the oligarchy's program to find excuses for violent social control measures.

I ask you to define your terms. Our environment? Man-made, of course?
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    This will be great if we get it done and if we don't get it done it's going to be something that we're not going to like and that's OK and I can understand that. -- DT

No answer on any area in the US that is polluted. Guess Trump was right to downsize some of EPA.
    Mr Russell - our is USA. Man made - do I really have to define that for you?

Mr McColgin - according to this it's way down: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...t-under-trump/
    I also like president Trump's latest statements about targeting MS13.

No answer on any area in the US that is polluted. Guess Trump was right to downsize some of EPA.
    see post #14
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I guess we'll have to wait until a river catches fire. Of course, mine tailings are polluting rivers and lakes, as we speak, courtesy of Trump's trashing of certain environmental regulations... but I guess if it's not in YOUR back yard, Bluefin2, it isn't happening... right?
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Someone appears to be eDeaf.
    -William A. Ward

Mr Russell - our is USA. Man made - do I really have to define that for you?
    According to your definition of the environment, it is co-extensive with a nation's borders, and is entirely man-made?

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I guess we'll have to wait until a river catches fire. Of course, mine tailings are polluting rivers and lakes, as we speak, courtesy of Trump's trashing of certain environmental regulations... but I guess if it's not in YOUR back yard, Bluefin2, it isn't happening... right?
    It's happened several times already Bluey, try to keep up and we don't have to wait for something, rivers on fire, that have already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Bobby, I've seen several cheap shots from you lately at libs, kiwis, aussies about their thoughts on trump. So I'd love to see the other side of the story.
    How has having trump as president materially improved your life? What is the upside of having a person, who the vast majority of the worlds population percieve to be a lying buffoon (not without reason) as your leader?
    Seriously, I really want to know, because I just dont get it.

Pete

I have only responded to petty attAcks against our President, .

You guys are like the referee that only sees the counter punch after the first guy delivered..

How come you insert ad hominums..

I never have started a thread attacking Yer leaders with petty insults..

I really don't get the hate..

Your whining didn't answer the questions. Maybe bigger print will help. LMAO

How has having trump as president materially improved your life?

What is the upside of having a person, who the vast majority of the worlds population percieve to be a lying buffoon (not without reason) as your leader?
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    How about the fact that on January 26th, the Trump administration froze payments from the EPA to contractors that are involved in ongoing environmental cleanup projects. This includes stuff like EPA directed payments to mitigate the Flint drinking water crisis, on down to such things as payments for cleanup of so called Superfund sites? These aren't giant political footballs of abstract ideas and consequences such as global warming, these are things that affect the quality of people's lives and health today, right the **** now. . .

oregon is democrat run, we had a very big scandal with lead in the water in schools, notice the national media swept it under the rug.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Never? You mean if I check every post of yours since 2009, I won't find even one demeaning a democratic president or leader bobbys?

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Your whining didn't answer the questions.

How has having trump as president materially improved your life?

What is the upside of having a person, who the vast majority of the worlds population percieve to be a lying buffoon (not without reason) as your leader?

Throwing petty personal insults is not a sign of wanting reasonable conversation, I refuse to accept the premise...

Our liberals exported the hate to jig up political advantage. For the DNC.

For libs it's party before country.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

I have only responded to petty attAcks against our President, .

You guys are like the referee that only sees the counter punch after the first guy delivered..

How come you insert ad hominums..

I never have started a thread attacking Yer leaders with petty insults..

If someone at work has work habits that make more work for others an endangers others does that mean it's all about hate? Grow up, what Trump does and says isn't about other people. Your reasoning is only fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Never? You mean if I check every post of yours since 2009, I won't find even one demeaning a democratic president or leader bobbys?

Sure, maybe you never notice 10 anti trump threads every day here.

More whining, more shuckin' n' jivin'.

We knew you couldn't answer the questions.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Shall we run a statistical analysis to see exactly what percentage of your posts contain a disparagement of liberals?
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Flint Mich water? That's your response for having such a heavy handed and mega large agency? That's due to ageing lead pipes and IMO it's Michigan's issue.
    The rivers catching fire. LOL That sure was a spectacle - 40 yrs ago. Many of the industries that were illegally tossing the pollutants in the rivers are no longer in business or have moved overseas.

Oh, I hate the EPA.

We live in a valley see, and when I was a kid, we couldn't see the mountains 50 miles away.

Now we have to look at them all the time. Well, say 32% of the time, but hey, we can see them, now.

Stupid CARB. Stupid EPA.

Peace,
    Robert

Sure, maybe you never notice 10 anti trump threads every day here.
    If the sun is shining it doesn't mean it hates clouds. Good lord man you deal with real things, they aren't a figment of your imagination. Trumps rhetoric and actions speak for themselves. Liberals didn't concoct a Muslim ban without consulting the professionals and agencies who deal with enacting it or the consequences of it. Foreigners didn't make Trump tweet nonsense at all hours of the day. Deflecting from Trump to those pointing out these things is simply idiotic. It's like your employer doing something obviously wrongheaded and the mess proves it but a coworker says "why do you hate him?"