Thread: Sessions versus some island judge

Default Sessions versus some island judge

[IMc - Sessions shows his utter disrespect for a state and somehow brings in psychoanalysis as a slur in his incoherent interview.]

AG Sessions says he's 'amazed' a judge 'on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order
    By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN
    Updated 4:46 PM ET, Thu April 20, 2017

Story highlights

"I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power," he added.

"The judges don't get to psychoanalyze the President to see if the order he issues is lawful," Sessions said.

(CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions said this week he was amazed that a judge in Hawaii could block President Donald Trump's executive order halting immigration from several majority Muslim countries.

Sessions made the comments in an interview with "The Mark Levin Show" Tuesday evening that was put online Wednesday.

"We've got cases moving in the very, very liberal Ninth Circuit, who, they've been hostile to the order," Sessions said. "We won a case in Virginia recently that was a nicely-written order that just demolished, I thought, all the arguments that some of the other people have been making. We are confident that the President will prevail on appeal and particularly in the Supreme Court, if not the Ninth Circuit. So this is a huge matter. I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power."

Last month, a federal judge in Hawaii, Judge Derrick Watson, issued an order that blocked Trump's ban on travelers from several Muslim-majority countries. The Department of Justice is currently appealing the decision.

In tweets on Thursday, both Senators from Hawaii responded to Sessions' comments.

Sessions also added that judges shouldn't "psychoanalyze" Trump when he was asked about potential judges Trump would appoint.

"I think our President, having seen some of these really weird interpretations of the executive orders that he's put out, I think he's more understanding now that we need judges who follow the law, not make law," Sessions said.

"The judges don't get to psychoanalyze the President to see if the order he issues is lawful. It's either lawful or it's not. I think that it will be real important for America to have judges in the model of Judge (Neil) Gorsuch and (the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin) Scalia, people who serve under the law, under the Constitution, not above it, and they are faithful to the law. They honor it and don't try to remake it as they'd like it to be."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politi...yze/index.html

Default Re: Sessions versus some island judge

The AG speaks no better than our POTUS. Is there no educated person working in this administration?

Reminds me of the Mexican judge who was born and raised in Indiana. Sessions might want to remember that the POTUS or at least his wife lives on an island in the Atlantic.

Obama was born on Hawaii, so it must be in Kenya. Isn't that how Republican geography works?

I'm amazed that white racist who was considered unqualified to serve on a Federal district court because of his words and deeds, and who also has ties to Russia, of which he lied about during his conformation hearings, is serving as Attorney General of the U.S..
    Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

The economic anarchy of capitalist society as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of evil. (Albert Einstein, 1949)

Republic disciplined fealty to the oligarchs.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    The AG speaks no better than our POTUS. Is there no educated person working in this administration?

No. Maybe "Mad Dog" Mattis...but that's about it.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Sessions may have skipped class when lectures described the role of judges in the American legal system. Roll Tide ought to rescind his law degree.

Or, perhaps, they didn't teach civics in the WHITES ONLY schools he attended in his formative years.
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    Obama was born on Hawaii, so it must be in Kenya. Isn't that how Republican geography works?
    Whatever's clever.

They really seem to have dispensed with policy, and rely solely on propaganda now.

Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Bay View Post
    I'm amazed that white racist who was considered unqualified to serve on a Federal district court because of his words and deeds, and who also has ties to Russia, of which he lied about during his conformation hearings, is serving as Attorney General of the U.S..
    The Fascist Machine grinds us into paste in a perfectly-legal sort of way.

I draw rather a cold comfort from that, though others celebrate.
    Rattling the teacups.