Thread: Oban, Scotland, June 30 to July 3

Default Oban, Scotland, June 30 to July 3

Does anyone have suggestions for us in Oban? We'll be there after a few days in Edinburgh.

Jeanne wants to take ferry/bus to Iona. And maybe take another ferry to another island. Also have some seafood.

I'd love to get my hands on a little tiller for a couple hours, just around the harbor, nothing dangerous, but dont see any such advertisements. The same goes for Edinburgh; might there be a little tiller available there for me to play with?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Oban, Scotland, June 30 to July 3

Hike at least parts of the whisky trail.

Last September we took the ferry from Oban to Mull and stayed at a B&B at the western end of Mull where the ferry terminal to Iona is. We had a rented car for the trip. We looked at boat tours but did not see any boat rentals, although we were not looking. The weather was quite bad and we were lucky to get over to Iona before the ferry service was halted due to stormy conditions. Iona was a bucket list destination for us and we were not disappointed.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Steam train, Fort William to Mallaig is good if you like that sort of thing. Great scenery and a big viaduct.

All visitor photos
    (158)

Tobermory is a nice harbour. Well it was, 40 years ago.