Thread: Vendia Plywood

Default Vendia Plywood

With the Euro down, the price of Vendia is almost down to Okoume level and well below Sapele. Would there be any interest from any builders in the Maine area in going in on a shipment? A pallet shipment would add to the cost, but they advertise it would have enough to build 10 small boats. I estimate my next build would take 2 "small boats" worth.

There is no rush on my part, but I'd like to take advantage of the exchange rate. As they sell planks it will take some calculating to figure out what to order.

If you're not familiar with Vendia it is mentioned in this month's issue of WB and there have been previous Forum posts. It is a sustainable pine product made of sliced veneers. From what I've read it is a high quality product and I'd love to give it a try. Let me know if you might be interested in going in on a shipment.
    Steve B
    TraditionalSmallCraft.com
    RIVUS 16' Melonseed
    PAYTON 13' Pea Pod

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White

Default Re: Vendia Plywood

Vendia Marine Planks will be in the US for the first time! I finally managed to get it shipped and it will be arriving in Portland (Maine) on 9/21. Depending on when it gets offloaded it might make it to the Maine Small Craft Celebration on 9/22-23. I will have a few brochures and small samples even it the marine planks don't make it. It will be another month or so before I'll be able to use it and give it a review. I really hoping it will be a good review!

I'm not importing for resale I ordered (hopefully) just enough for my build. I'd like to bring it to the boat show so folks can check it out.
    Last edited by SBrookman; 09-09-2018 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Not for resale
    Steve B
    TraditionalSmallCraft.com
    RIVUS 16' Melonseed
    PAYTON 13' Pea Pod

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White