Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Fox dumps O'Really

Default Re: Fox dumps O'Really

On the plane yesterday a mom and teenage son were off college hunting, she says to son "the only reason they're going after O'reilly is because Trump got elected. I like Tucker Carlson, when people are lying he tells them they're lying."

Murica

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    again, it comes down to whose ox is being gored
    No, nobody's ox. This one simply comes down to money.

Advertisers on O'Reiley's program were bleeding money, because their customers felt that O'Reilley had become toxic. His accusers were too numerous, too credible, too bipartisan. A woman who spoke this morning had worked on O'Reilley's program for several years before quitting over this - she still works on-air for other outfits as a Republican commentator. Customers for the advertisers' products bought from their competitors instead, as an expression of their values.

The advertisers followed their own financial interest, pulling their business from what had been FOX' premier moneymaking program for two decades. This is not political, it's simply generational social change at work. No different from Roger Ailes' departure - no different from Bill Cosby's catastrophic fall from the pinnacle either. What was broadly acceptable once "if you're a star" isn't anymore. Certain highly placed officials should take note.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Again, look at Bully O'Reilly's replacement. Fox is not moving away from right wing sexism. They are just shifting to the hipper younger right wing sexist demographic.
    As opposed to left wing sexism? Just what in your world is right wing sexism?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin2 View Post
    Bad behavior is a non-partisan phenomenon; Bill Clinton was proof of that.

However, you simply cannot compare the degree of concern about the issue, between left and right voices.... and O'Reilly's likely replacement, Tucker Carlson, has already tried to argue that the entire concept of sexism is a liberal invention.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Oh, I think I get your point ..... (right wing) is superfluous, it already implied when you say sexism! That's what you mean, right?

As a straight man I'll admit I'm sexist. I do believe men are capable of doing things women can't and vice versa. We're wired differently. Men have two wires and women have a billion.
    How's that for sexist?

As a straight man ...
    I didn't figure you for a comedian either
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

As a straight man I'll admit I'm sexist. I do believe men are capable of doing things women can't and vice versa. We're wired differently. Men have two wires and women have a billion.
    How's that for sexist?
    Well, that wouldn't necessarily make you a sexist!

Frankly, I don't know how you react around women. Bill O' does seem to fit the definition.

FYI: I've known gay men (they aren't liberals) that are sexists. It is not exclusive to sexual orientation.

sex∑ist
    ˈseksist/
    adjective
    adjective: sexist

relating to or characterized by prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    You are mistaken.

Bill O'Reilly does not like women.

Men who like women do not have these kinds of problems.

Bill O'Reilly HATES women. He is what is known as a 'misogynist'.

The thing he hates most about women is that he does not control their vaginas.

Whenever this fact is reasserted, he loses his grip and begins to abuse them.

You are mistaken, sir, and I think that's sad.
    Ozna trying his best Dr Phil assessment. That's hilarious!
    I see. Perhaps you would care to make an attempt at debunking my statements, rather than wallow around in ad hominem and self destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    He's such a helpful, compassionate fellow.
    Indeed I am.

Once again for those of you who didn't quite get it when Keith repeated it, 'men who like women do not have these kinds of problems'.
    Rattling the teacups.

How's that for sexist?
    Not very good. There's a lot more to it. A lot of history, particularly. The history indicates certain psychological root phenomena.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

As to O'Reilly, why now? I realize that the advertisers bailed, OK. Why now? As to any cause you name: why now?
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

I do believe men are capable of doing things women can't and vice versa.
    Lessee - having babies, nursing babies. Women can do that, I can't. I could, theoretically, sire thousands of children, although I'm getting kind of old for that these days. Women can't do that. Other than that . . . Now, obviously people vary in their abilities, and there are statistical differences between men and women. The fact that in just about every country there are at least ten men in prison for every woman strongly indicates that the on average there's some different wiring there. But those are statistical differences, which tell us very little about any given individual.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Amazing the number of guys here who have no wives or daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    As to O'Reilly, why now? I realize that the advertisers bailed, OK. Why now? As to any cause you name: why now?
    Because there is an established streak - Cosby, Ailes, now BoR. In Canada last year, Jian Ghomeshi, a darling of lefties and artsies if ever one existed.

This isn't about Politics politics, except that Trump is an example of the breed and publicly supported (and benefitted from) BoR. This is about a cultural, generational shift in society, which in greater measure than some believe crosses partisan lines. Consider Thomi Lahren.

What about her? Like anyone cares what a 24 year old thinks. But, what about her? Beck, a right winger sidelined her.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    He won't be eating cat food.
    Darned right he won't.

Net Worth: $85 Million

• Source of WealthTV Shows
    • Birth PlaceNew York, NY, United States
    • Height6' 4" (1.93 m)
    • Marital StatusMarried (Maureen E. McPhilmy)
    • Full NameWilliam James "Bill" O'Reilly, Jr.
    • NationalityAmerican

More StatsView More

About Bill O’Reilly

Bill O’Reilly is a successful news commentator and bestselling author with an estimated net worth of $85 million.
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Boater14 View Post
    What about her? Like anyone cares what a 24 year old thinks. But, what about her? Beck, a right winger sidelined her.
    What about her? She's living proof that her generation doesn't equate sexuality with partisan politics. She's exactly the product of Beck's own career trajectory, presenting fatuous and blinkered outrage to a delighted audience. But for her target demographic - for her peers - abortion, contraception, sex education ... they're not meaningful partisan wedge issues. She probably doesn't much care about washrooms either.

Beck's sidelined her from his media, but there aren't other media? There is no Instagram, no Pinterest, no whatever-the-new-thing-is that as an old fart, I don't know or use? A compelling performer with a proven paying audience will continue to find work.

The Moral Majority is dying off, though their members still watch Robertson, listen to Beck, and (paradoxically) will be sad to see BoR off the air. Their issues aren't the ones igniting the populist Right except in the 50+ demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Because there is an established streak - Cosby, Ailes, now BoR. In Canada last year, Jian Ghomeshi, a darling of lefties and artsies if ever one existed.
    When did the streak cross the line? Some say it has to do with Fox acquiring some outfit in Europe, a "different demographic" ha ha. As if you could make Fox smell good by dropping Billo.

Consider Thomi Lahren.
    Who?

'Scuse me, it's "Tomi Lahren," a 24 year old who's ambition is apparently to become the Ann Coulter of her generation. She's suing Glen Beck's organization for wrongful dismissal, claiming that she was taken off-air because she'd made comments on The View about having "control of her own body." Beck's folks, however, are counter-suing with claims that she was a true pain-in-the-neck to work with, and that her (they claim changed) views on sexual issues were mostly incidental. That actually, she's being fired mostly for being rude, confrontational and demeaning to the staff. Like "insisting that staffers microwave her “butt warming pad” before every show, a demand that a source referred to as 'dehumanizing.'”

I thought that for folks whose whole business model is based on nurturing and displaying really nasty personality traits on camera, that was a feature rather than a bug. Wouldn't Beck know this from his own time in front of the mike? BoR lasted two decades doing it, after all.

[quote]

Butt-warmer? Where's our RWW's? Could be 'opportunity' knocking.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Poor Bilious...

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Butt-warmer? Where's our RWW's? Could be 'opportunity' knocking.
    So she could say in truth that she has a hot . . .

Never mind.
    Rattling the teacups.

What I truly love about this is that the "failing" NYT brought O'Really to his knees. Their front page exposť and phenomenal investigative reporting rocked FNC world. Simply put the NYT had uncovered irrefutable evidence BoR and FNC were left with NO CHOICE.

Next up is possible criminal charges if it is found that FNC used shareholder's money as a $13 million hush fund.

Now I want to see the "failing" Washington Post or the New York Times bring down the misogynist SCROTUS Trump. That would be such comeuppance.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

He's going to keep grabbing anything he wants for the next four years. Enjoy the beach and the weather, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    What I truly love about this is that the "failing" NYT brought O'Really to his knees. Their front page exposť and phenomenal investigative reporting rocked FNC world. Simply put the NYT had uncovered irrefutable evidence BoR and FNC were left with NO CHOICE.

Next up is possible criminal charges if it is found that FNC used shareholder's money as a $13 million hush fund.

Now I want to see the "failing" Washington Post or the New York Times bring down the misogynist SCROTUS Trump. That would be such comeuppance.
    Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    He's going to keep grabbing anything he wants for the next four years. Enjoy the beach and the weather, I guess.
    Sexual assault IS a crime. I guess you were ignorant of that fact.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    Wanna bet ?
    I already won $1 from Rum Pirate and I still have the Dollar I won from a Yahoo that said Romney was going to crush Obama
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Wanna bet ?
    I already won $1 from Rum Pirate and I still have the Dollar I won from a Yahoo that said Romney was going to crush Obama

Tell us about all the BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAASSSSSS you posted about DT losing..

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

Tell us about all the BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAASSSSSS you posted about DT losing..

LOL.

he did his standard mindless gloating bout hilly winning... then he got real quiet for a while
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Clearly "Conservatives" don't think much of women:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bill-o-reil...015819336.html
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Hey Joe (SoCal)!

Why is bobbys posting replies to your posts?

Hasn't he gotten the word that he is dead to you?

P.S. Same question regarding Phillip Allen.
    " Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day."

" The truth is that men are tired of liberty."

-- Benito Mussolini

You are mistaken.

Bill O'Reilly does not like women.

Men who like women do not have these kinds of problems.

Bill O'Reilly HATES women. He is what is known as a 'misogynist'.

The thing he hates most about women is that he does not control their vaginas.

Whenever this fact is reasserted, he loses his grip and begins to abuse them.

You are mistaken, sir, and I think that's sad.

Where do muslim males fit into all this stereotyping?

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    What, is FOX hiring some for on-air work?

Stereotyping?

You mean to tell me that you think defining the word 'misogynist' stereotypes all males as being misogynists?

Really?

Also, why do you bring up Muslims?

What?
    Rattling the teacups.

Stereotyping?

"Men who like women do not have these kinds of problems." any reference or reference to support that broad all encompassing statement

You mean to tell me that you think defining the word 'misogynist' stereotypes all males as being misogynists?
    Not necessarily, it simply defines those that dislike, despise, or are strongly prejudiced against women.

well the muslim faith does appear to support males in being prejudiced against women and their rights.

What?
    Perhaps one requires a hearing aid.

Originally Posted by oznabrag

Stereotyping?

"Men who like women do not have these kinds of problems."

This is not a 'stereotype'. This is an observation.

Not necessarily, it simply defines those that dislike, despise, or are strongly prejudiced against women.
    That is correct. Those who dislike, despise, or are strongly prejudiced against women tend to have problems with sexual assault, sexual harassment in the workplace, and lawsuits and criminal complaints from women.

Those who are not misogynists do not tend to have problems with that type of complaint. That is not stereotyping, that is an observable reality.

Reality. You may have heard of it?

well the muslim faith does appear to be prejudiced against women and their rights.

Sooooo . . . . Bill O'Reilly is a muslim? Who knew!?!

What?

Perhaps one requires a hearing aid.
    Oh, I hear you just fine, it's the incoherent non sequiturs that give me trouble.
    Last edited by oznabrag; 04-21-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    Rattling the teacups.