Do you think the Korean DMZ will be taken down?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Hadfield
    • Apr 2000

Re: Do you think the Korean DMZ will be taken down?

No, once it's radioactive I imagine it will be left as it is...

Comment

• John of Phoenix
      • Jun 2001

I spent a year flying armed patrols on the DMZ. You can't spit across that fence without setting off mines. It's 160 miles long and there's another fence just like it two and a half miles to the north.

But if it DOES come down... it could be reinstalled along our southern border. LMAO

Comment

• Keith Wilson
        Trying to be reasonable
        • Oct 1999

So, North Korea has a hideously oppressive government, is probably one of the worst places on the planet to live, is armed to the proverbial teeth (well, to the best of their ability) and Geng asks whether Mr. Trump will, solely by the strength and dexterity of his tongue, work a revolution.

What the bloody hell are you thinking of? What planet do you live on?? How would this possibly work??
        "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
        for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Paul Pless
          pinko commie tree hugger
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Keith Wilson
          So, North Korea has a hideously oppressive government, is probably one of the worst places on the planet to live, is armed to the proverbial teeth (well, to the best of their ability) and Geng asks whether Mr. Trump will, solely by the strength and dexterity of his tongue, work a revolution.

What the bloody hell are you thinking of? What planet do you live on?? How would this possibly work??
          I can see it happening, when both North and South Korea are reduced to smoldering radioactive wastelands. Both Kim Jong Un and Trump are dying to use nukes.
          Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• genglandoh
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by John of Phoenix
            I spent a year flying armed patrols on the DMZ. You can't spit across that fence without setting off mines. It's 160 miles long and there's another fence just like it two and a half miles to the north.

But if it DOES come down... it could be reinstalled along our southern border. LMAO

What a great idea.
            Instead of building a wall, Trump could just buy the one from N.K.
            "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do." Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

• TomF
              Recalcitrant Heretic
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Paul Pless
              I can see it happening, when both North and South Korea are reduced to smoldering radioactive wastelands. Both Kim Jong Un and Trump are dying to use nukes.
              That I could see. There'd be a fair bit of associated smashing in other places too, I'd imagine.
              If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                Trying to be reasonable
                • Oct 1999

Originally posted by Paul Pless
                Both Kim Jong Un and Trump are dying to use nukes.
                Nah. Trump has no idea what he wants; my granddaughter has a clearer grasp of diplomacy. Kim wants to be secure and to be left alone, and thinks having nukes would help with that.
                "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Paul Pless
                  pinko commie tree hugger
                  • Oct 2003

yesterday, during pence's visit to the dmz, the top news story in south korea was about a celebrity wedding. . .
                  Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• genglandoh
                    • Dec 2010

I remember people saying that East Germany would never reunite with the West.
                    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do." Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

• Hugh Conway
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by genglandoh
                      You are betting on China collapsing?

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                        Trying to be reasonable
                        • Oct 1999

Originally posted by genglandoh
                        Yes? And your point is? People have predicted lots of things over the years; some of them happened, some of them didn't. So?

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Tom Lathrop
                          • Dec 1999

Originally posted by Keith Wilson

At least someone's brain is working.
                          Tom L

Comment

• leikec
                            • Dec 2009

Donald Trump's odds of reunifying Korea are about the same as my odds of competing in pairs figure skating with Tara Lipinski at the next Winter Olympic Games...

Jeff C
                            Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
                              Lurking since 1997
                              • Sep 1999

Donald Trump's odds of reunifying Korea are about the same as the odds of him and Melania putting on figure skates and successfully performing The Iron Lotus.
                              "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

• LeeG
                                • May 2002

Oh behave!

“As the President says, it’s time for them to behave, to listen to the world community and to set aside their nuclear ambitions, their ballistic missile ambitions,” Pence said on Tuesday. “We’ve really moved beyond the era of strategic patience. We’ve moved beyond failed dialogues of the past.”

Comment

Working...