Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the Korean DMZ will be taken down?

Default Re: Do you think the Korean DMZ will be taken down?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .Liberals see no difference between a cruel dictator and our President. In fact liberals hate our duly elected President more.
    Examples? With quotes and post numbers, please. Where did anyone, liberal, conservative, or otherwise, equate Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim? Who said they hate Trump more? If you can't provide evidence, then it's becoming clear that you have the same relationship to the truth as our current president; that you simply can't tell the difference between what really exists in the external world and what you imagine to be true.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Dribbled like a basket ball.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hadfield View Post
    No, once it's radioactive I imagine it will be left as it is...
    'twas pretty much my first thought..

Quote Originally Posted by genglandoh View Post
    What a great idea.
    Instead of building a wall, Trump could just buy the one from N.K.
    you did get there are 2 fences.. 'we' built the southern one.. don't need to buy it. I thought conservatives were supposed to be good at 'saving money'?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Examples? With quotes and post numbers, please. Where did anyone, liberal, conservative, or otherwise, equate Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim? Who said they hate Trump more? If you can't provide evidence, then it's becoming clear that you have the same relationship to the truth as our current president; that you simply can't tell the difference between what really exists in the external world and what you imagine to be true.
    Keith, I'm going to give you advice to help you deal our Orygun friend--it's the same advice I gave my dear wife on our wedding night:

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed...

Jeff C

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Oh behave!

“As the President says, it’s time for them to behave, to listen to the world community and to set aside their nuclear ambitions, their ballistic missile ambitions,” Pence said on Tuesday. “We’ve really moved beyond the era of strategic patience. We’ve moved beyond failed dialogues of the past.”
    He also said in Japan that "The Korean peninsula will be a nuclear free zone". Watched his speech on Tele.
    That might be interesting to achieve.

You can just look on any thread about this and in fact this one where a liberal will say DT is just as nutty as Little Kim..

This guy and NK were causing trouble. For years but now DT is somehow at fault.

when will a liberal stand up here and state Kim is a nut , We need to support our President..

Liberals would rather see nukes go off if they can blame DT.

when will a liberal stand up here and state Kim is a nut
    Kim is a nut.

Happy now?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    I spent a year flying armed patrols on the DMZ. You can't spit across that fence without setting off mines. It's 160 miles long and there's another fence just like it two and a half miles to the north.

But if it DOES come down... it could be reinstalled along our southern border. LMAO

Wow!.

Who knew there was trouble there before DT?.

Ya gotta admit Obama appeased NK and passed this on to DT in a great political move..

the he only time libs were even concerned about NK is when they read Sarah Palin comment on it..

Democrats dictator policy plan, give them their lunch money and pretend the bully is not there..

O, yeah.

Almost forgot.

LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Kim is a nut.

Happy now?

After you disrespected the Easter bunny?

You can just look on any thread about this and in fact this one where a liberal will say DT is just as nutty as Little Kim..

This guy and NK were causing trouble. For years but now DT is somehow at fault.

when will a liberal stand up here and state Kim is a nut , We need to support our President..

Liberals would rather see nukes go off if they can blame DT.
    Kim is a nut, you are a coconut, Trump is a clear and present danger to our nations well being.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Kim is a nut, you are a coconut, Trump is a clear and present danger to our nations well being.

Don't tell Keith this.

Wow!.

Who knew there was trouble there before DT?.

Ya gotta admit Obama appeased NK and passed this on to DT in a great political move..

the he only time libs were even concerned about NK is when they read Sarah Palin comment on it..

Democrats dictator policy plan, give them their lunch money and pretend the bully is not there..

O, yeah.

Almost forgot.

LMAO.
    Kim's a nut. Your version of history is nuts. Maybe spend 10 minutes talking to Xi and expand your mind like Donald did?

Don't tell Keith this.
    Pretty sure Keith knows you're a nut

You can just look on any thread about this and in fact this one where a liberal will say DT is just as nutty as Little Kim. . . .This guy and NK were causing trouble. For years but now DT is somehow at fault. When will a liberal stand up here and state Kim is a nut , We need to support our President.. Liberals would rather see nukes go off if they can blame DT.
    Here you go: Kim is a nut, and that's being way too kind to him. North Korea is a dreadful place to live, and he runs probably the worst government on the planet. But everything else you say is completely wrong; he has not been 'causing serious trouble for years'. He (and his father and grandfather) have been blustering and posturing and threatening and doing nothing beyond causing an occasional relatively minor border or maritime incident. He treats the unfortunate citizens of North Korea horribly, of course, but internationally he has been an irritation, not a real threat. US policy for the past 50 years has been containment. It has worked pretty well; there has not been a second Korean war, and South Korea is prosperous, democratic, and peaceful.

Neither Mr. Trump nor most of the people advising him appear to have the foggiest clue what they're doing, and they're running a real risk of blundering into a war out of utter incompetence. 'Support the president', my a$$. I'll consider supporting him when he shows that he knows more about foreign policy than my cats.

And you are flat out telling falsehoods about 'what liberals want'. Ignorance is not an adequate explanation for such blatant disregard of of all the evidence; this is deliberate untruth. Show me a case where anyone here has said that "DT is just as nutty as Little Kim" or that they'd want a nuclear war if they can blame Mr Trump. It is quite possible to be very, very bad, yet not nearly as bad as Mr. Kim.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 04-18-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Kim's a nut. Your version of history is nuts. Maybe spend 10 minutes talking to Xi and expand your mind like Donald did?
    What actually happened is that Trump's head expanded, but his mind stayed the same
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

Keith, should I be cultivating deep respect for your cats? This could be a problem.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

its almost like you're saying bobbys is fake news

bs indeed

Here you go: Kim is a nut, and that's being way too kind to him. North Korea is a dreadful place to live, and he runs probably the worst government on the planet. But everything else you say is completely wrong; he has not been 'causing serious trouble for years'. He (and his father and grandfather) have been blustering and posturing and threatening and doing nothing beyond causing an occasional relatively minor border or maritime incident. He treats the unfortunate citizens of North Korea horribly, of course, but internationally he has been an irritation, not a real threat. US policy for the past 50 years has been containment. It has worked pretty well; there has not been a second Korean war, and South Korea is prosperous, democratic, and peaceful.

Neither Mr. Trump nor most of the people advising him appear to have the foggiest clue what they're doing, and they're running a real risk of blundering into a war out of utter incompetence. 'Support the president', my a$$. I'll consider supporting him when he shows that he knows more about foreign policy than my cats.

And you are flat out telling falsehoods about 'what liberals want'. Ignorance is not an adequate explanation for such blatant disregard of of all the evidence; this is deliberate untruth. Show me a case where anyone here has said that "DT is just as nutty as Little Kim" or that they'd want a nuclear war if they can blame Mr Trump. It is quite possible to be very, very bad, yet not nearly as bad as Mr. Kim.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys
    Liberals see no difference between a cruel dictator and our President..

In fact liberals hate our duly elected President more.
    Disgust, disdain and contempt are not hate. I do not hate Donald Trump... yet. He has not yet done irreparable damage to our democratic republic... yet.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 04-18-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    " Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day."

" The truth is that men are tired of liberty."

-- Benito Mussolini

It is indeed a problem, but the problem is not my cats; they know every bit as much about North Korea as your average US housecat.

Richard Feynman

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    So, that was the explosion I heard coming out of Mar a Fiasco? Darn, it sounded familiar!

""DT is just as nutty as Little Kim"
    I said something similar Keith, but my point was that Kimmy has relied on the common sense and restraint of the US political establishment and President to ignore his posturing. That may no longer apply under Donald and a truncated administration.

OK Mr Wilson - how about the N Korean government printing counterfeit money? What about government sponsored cyber espionage?

I think the German's did the same thing in WW2 BF2, it was so good it had to be left in circulation as it could not be distinguished from the local notes.
    Operation Bernhard I think. But the same situation existed after the Civil War, and the CIA was accused of financing their operations in Sth America the same way.

O come now you might be. Believable if anytime you liked anything DT did or said..

Read Ozs posts and others.

Every vile thing is said.

the liberal plan is to keep mocking DT and try and destroy him like they did to SP, Bush, any black conservative.

Liberal s have learned nothing and will continue to lose.

The question is will they go down with any class or just become completely irrelevent..

DT is showing courageand taking the political risks. .

Let's face the truth here, all he has to do is hold the country together and that's the end of the democrat party..

if if he was a political hack he would just appease our enemy's .

do Try and not be personal .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Disgust, disdain and contempt are not hate. I do not hate Donald Trump... yet. He has not yet done irreparable damage to our democratic republic... yet.

Well like most liberals one is guided by emotion not facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    its almost like you're saying bobbys is fake news

bs indeed

I don't have a rah rah sis boom bah team, do you think Keith needs a wingman?.

I think he can reply to me by his self .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin2 View Post
    OK Mr Wilson - how about the N Korean government printing counterfeit money? What about government sponsored cyber espionage?
    'Cyber-espionage' - oh, you mean like the Russians releasing stolen information in an attempt to influence the US presidential election? Yeah, that's bad. So is printing counterfeit money, although it doesn't seem to have hurt the US economy all that much. But I certainly don't want to defend the North Korean government, they're awful. The question is, what should we do about it?

What do you think we ought to do? What ends do you want to achieve, and what actions will help us to achieve those ends? Are the North Koreans really worth bothering with right now? Why now? Why us?
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 04-18-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Richard Feynman

Same reason as always, distraction with a side benefit to the MIC.

The biggest issue w/ Kim is his nuclear/missile ambition. His constant testing and buildup is worrisome for all around. And what will he do once he does get better command of the technology? Sell it? Use it? Who knows...
    Right now we're somewhat limited to what we can strongarm the Chinese in to doing. The other is to keep putting noises in the generals ears - 'if you kill him we will save you' (try it in a whisper lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin2 View Post
    The biggest issue w/ Kim is his nuclear/missile ambition. His constant testing and buildup is worrisome for all around. And what will he do once he does get better command of the technology? Sell it? Use it? Who knows... Right now we're somewhat limited to what we can strongarm the Chinese into doing. The other is to keep putting noises in the generals ears - 'if you kill him we will save you' (try it in a whisper lol).
    I agree, believe it or not, although I think it's far, far more likely more likely that they want nuclear weapons so nobody will invade them. It's not an unrealistic fear. And the Chinese are about as happy about an unpredictable government with nuclear weapons on their border as about a rabid skunk. We've never been able to 'strongarm' the Chinese into anything, and we can't now, but their interests and ours run together in this case. A coup in North Korea might be an improvement, but the chaos following it might be far worse.

Richard Feynman

The Chinese border area would be flooded with refugees, the Korean border too but that would ba bloodbath. Mines etc.

So let's say there is a successful coup. What then? What will China want and what will S Korea/US want?

It would have to be a military coup, and I doubt there's anyone with the following to lead it. If so Kimmy would have had him eliminated already, like his step brother.

So let's say there is a successful coup. What then?
    What would 'successful' look like? Merely assassinating Kim is only a small part of it. Seoul, with 10 million people, is 35 miles from the border. A proverbial clusterf*ck is my best guess as to what would follow Kim's death. Yes, north Korea is a very bad place, particularly for the North Koreans, but I really don't see a way to make things better without a very high risk of making them a lot worse. A bunch of genuine experts have been thinking about this for quite a while, and there really are cases where doing nothing at all is by far the best course. Can you see any plausible way to a good outcome?
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 04-18-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    Donald Trump's odds of reunifying Korea are about the same as my odds of competing in pairs figure skating with Tara Lipinski at the next Winter Olympic Games...

Jeff C
    Is this a trick answer? Everyone knows Tara is too old.
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

I do not believe the DMZ will come down. North Korea is North Korea because it serves the purposes of China, Russia and the US. I think perhaps Mr. Xi explained some of that to Mr. Trump. The only question is whether Il explained this all to Un.
    "... the door was ajar, and the game was afoot." Lawrence Block