Thread: AP Top News 'I'M A GONER': El Faro's last hours as ship sails into storm

Exclamation AP Top News 'I'M A GONER': El Faro's last hours as ship sails into storm

Chilling transcription of the bridge conversations.

https://apnews.com/9d5904f83f6a4cf784828107fa7d038d

Default Re: AP Top News 'I'M A GONER': El Faro's last hours as ship sails into storm

"Chilling" barely describes it.

Alex

Hollister, CA -- Paris of the West (not!)

Default Re: AP Top News 'I'M A GONER': El Faro's last hours as ship sails into storm

I'm guessing only one hand was lost? Doesn't say, and there's nop account of the survival and rescue of the others in the piece. Gripping.

I'm guessing only one hand was lost? Doesn't say, and there's nop account of the survival and rescue of the others in the piece. Gripping.
    Went down with all hands, including a classmate of my brother from the Maine Maritime Academy who was on his first voyage. Tragic would be the word I would choose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_El_Faro

Not light reading, but compelling and instructive.
    Thanks for the link.

An accident is always due to a chain of events. Break one link and it doesn't happen.
    Tightfisted company, substandard ship and a captain with something to prove.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!