Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast

Thread: San Bernardino school shooting.

Default Re: San Bernardino school shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    I've had cougar before, don't think it would taste much different........

you got the yummy part right.
    It's a two way street--carnivores might enjoy Haunch Of Jack.

Yummy yummy.
    Last edited by Shang; 04-13-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandtown View Post
    If guns keep us safe, why aren't we safe ?

And if guns keep us free, why aren't we free ?

Veterans For Peace has a better idea.
    I am safe.........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Yup, it was the thrill of a lifetime to crew on the Vets For Peace Golden Rule in 2016. An amazing story.

And ya know, they are looking for crew for this year's voyage to SoCal - hint, hint

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    And in related news: Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/asia/t...-and-cat-meat/
    Still have it in Korea too.........

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    And that makes it all good. Move along folks, delecta says there is nothing to see.
    No, it means it's a fact of life and nothing more. Posting on the internet in this case is a waste of time. No one could predict it, no gun laws would have changed it and I for one don't feel better because you posted on a wooden boat forum. The kid is dead and 21 other kids were killed while I wrote this.

I have a 10 and 12 year old, it breaks my heart when these things happen but I grew up a long time ago and realize it could be my kids and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    I have a 10 and 12 year old, it breaks my heart when these things happen but I grew up a long time ago and realize it could be my kids and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.
    Ah, you're a bit of a fatalist, maybe that is why I don't see eye to eye with you very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    someone here likes to insult others... prolly makes him feel superior... and virtuous
    Nope, just makes him look stupid.........LMAO
    I'm afraid it's gone beyond just LOOKING stupid
    I wonder who could it be, bearing the brunt of these "insults"?

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    No, it means it's a fact of life and nothing more. Posting on the internet in this case is a waste of time. No one could predict it, no gun laws would have changed it and I for one don't feel better because you posted on a wooden boat forum. The kid is dead and 21 other kids were killed while I wrote this.

I call bull****. Your free access to guns allowed this "Collateral Damage" where a child lost their future and its parents were left grieving. It would not have happened in the UK, Canada, Australia, because those countries have sensible gun laws.
    If it breaks your heart every time a child is shot, network with other like minded people on social media, and start a campaign.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Re #147.
    Well they do set themselves up as 'aunt Sally's' whenever they perceive their fetish to be criticised.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    The very same person who so freely gives them..........

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Re #147.
    Well they do set themselves up as 'aunt Sally's' whenever they perceive their fetish to be criticised.

hahahaha! I had to look up "aunt Sally".... what a strange game and funny reference.

"Aunt Sally is a traditional English game usually played in pub gardens and fairgrounds that dates back to the 17th Century [1][2] in which players throw sticks or battens at a model of an old woman's head.[3] Leagues of pub teams,[4] each consisting of eight players, still play the game today, throughout the spring and summer months, mainly in Oxfordshire and some bordering counties.[1]"

I understand the problem with a fetish ...
    Sad

I understand the problem with a fetish ...
    Sad

That's a really old pic......... I haven't even owned a guitar in yrs.......

Who photoshoped all those pistols in..... I never owned no
    Stinkin pistols..........

if you kain't figure it out then there's no hope
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

And he's lost a bit of weight.

LMAO
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

we ARE free and the more taxes we pay, the more free we are
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    McMike, that was the most eloquent and insightful post on the overwrought subject. Thank you for your post and it confirms exactly what I've always lurked behind your typical gun nut.

The big question Mike, why would you want a pistol anyway ?
    Thank you Joe, I thought for sure you'd lambaste me. I plan on locking it in a safe as an insurance policy, I don't plan on whipping it out for every bump in the night, I have two large dogs that will alert and deter well enough. I want the option to carry if, big if, the climate requires it. Also, I haven't settled on a pistol but CT law is weird and the most expedient way to own a gun is to have a full on, all around, carry permit. I might just get a shotgun and call it a day. I might get a semi-auto rifle. Still exploring my options, feeling out the most reasonable and comfortable path. I will train, a lot.

Mainly, I refuse to be threatened as a liberal and have them know they can intimidate me simply because they assume I'm unarmed because of my principals. We live in a different country now, we've seen a series of tipping points with the Trump election and all of the nut jobs that have come out of the woodwork, I hope my fears are unfounded but I'm no longer willing to be vulnerable to these whack-jobs.
    Last edited by McMike; 04-13-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Thank you Joe, I thought for sure you'd lamb baste me. I plan on locking it in a safe as an insurance policy, I don't plan on whipping it out for every bump in the night, I have two large dogs that will alert and deter well enough. I want the option to carry if, big if, the climate requires it. Also, I haven't settled on a pistol but CT law is weird and the most expedient way to own a gun is to have a full on, all around, carry permit. I might just get a shotgun and call it a day. I might get a semi-auto rifle. Still exploring my options, feeling out the most reasonable and comfortable path. I will train, a lot.

Mainly, I refuse to be threatened as a liberal and have them know they can intimidate me simply because they assume I'm unarmed because of my principals. We live in a different country now, we've seen a series of tipping points with the Trump election and all of the nut jobs that have come out of the woodwork, I hope my fears are unfounded but I'm no longer willing to be vulnerable to these whack-jobs.
    good luck... don't forget that in the dark of night when you're scared (yes, include myself) is the wrong time to figure out how to load and shoot it... practice somehow

good luck... don't forget that in the dark of night when you're scared (yes, include myself) is the wrong time to figure out how to load and shoot it... practice somehow
    You really do have a reading comprehension problem, don't you?
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

You really do have a reading comprehension problem, don't you?
    I wish you luck and you become rude... how typical of ALL liberals

I'm looking foward to Cawwffee and doughnuts with libs at the range..

I don't even have many guns besides hunting rifles but perhaps they can teach me quick draw.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

I'm looking foward to Cawwffee and doughnuts with libs at the range..

I don't even have many guns besides hunting rifles but perhaps they can teach me quick draw.
    based on the last few posts, I'm not sure just how quick they are

I finally read this . . . Ask yourself Phillip; who is the common denominator? If ALL of any type of person is rude to you, maybe, just maybe, it's you who has the problem. Food for thought.
    Last edited by McMike; 04-17-2017 at 06:21 PM.

~seanz

I finally read this . . . Ask yourself Phillip; who is the common denominator? If ALL of any type of person is rude to you, maybe, just maybe, it's you who has the problem. Food for thought.
    He's been on an intellectual diet for years, other diets not so much
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Guns don't reduce violence. Guns don't increase violence. Reducing violence reduces violence. It's the desire, not the tool. Drugs, alcohol, drunk driving, et al, address the root cause of the problem, not the particular means/tool/drug/drink/vehicle/gun that is used as the tool, not the motivation.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

.22 short???????

WTF IS THAT?
    You seriously have never heard of .22 short. It's like it says. A rimfire .22, shorter than .22 Long Rifle:

I think it's the least powerful cartridge ever made. Commonly used in Olympic rapid fire pistol competition due to low recoil and thus faster recovery for the next shot. These events have very short time stages, 5 shots in 8, 6, and 4 seconds. By comparison, when I competed in high power rifle, rapid fire was 10 shots in a leisurely 60 seconds, unless it was the "rattle battle", the National Infantry Trophy Team match, where teams of 6 shooters, shooting at 8 targets, with 384 rounds total, at ranges of 600, 500, 300, and 200 yards, 50 seconds at each stage, must put as many shots into each target as possible, with at least 6 hits in each target, with each team receiving a bonus at each yard line equal to the square of the number of targets with 6 or more hits. I feel like I'm explaining a game of Fizbin.
    Last edited by Bob (oh, THAT Bob); 04-18-2017 at 04:52 AM.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    You seriously have never heard of .22 short. It's like it says. A rimfire .22, shorter than .22 Long Rifle:

I think it's the least powerful cartridge ever made. Commonly used in Olympic rapid fire pistol competition due to low recoil and thus faster recovery for the next shot. These events have very short time stages, 5 shots in 8, 6, and 4 seconds. By comparison, when I competed in high power rifle, rapid fire was 10 shots in a leisurely 60 seconds, unless it was the "rattle battle", the National Infantry Trophy Team match, where teams of 6 shooters, shooting at 8 targets, with 384 rounds total, at ranges of 600, 500, 300, and 200 yards, 50 seconds at each stage, must put as many shots into each target as possible, with at least 6 hits in each target, with each team receiving a bonus at each yard line equal to the square of the number of targets with 6 or more hits. I feel like I'm explaining a game of Fizbin.
    Oh no, you must be wrong....... Joe says the 22 short is one of the deadliest rounds.......

Oh no, you must be wrong....... Joe says the 22 short is one of the deadliest rounds.......
    Actually I said the .22 is the most deadly round.

What were these cheap handguns used for ? And I don't think it was for an Olympic sport.

For the gun nuts this is a Colt Banker’s Special DA revolver, .22 cal., 2” round barrel, blue finish, checkered Colt medallion wood grips
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

If you aren't going to go to the trouble to actually read and comprehend what he wrote, which you obviously didn't, then it is YOU that is being rude.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    If you aren't going to go to the trouble to actually read and comprehend what he wrote, which you obviously didn't, then it is YOU that is being rude.
    comprehension being defined by agreeing with him

comprehension being defined by agreeing with him
    Not at all. Like he said, your reading comprehension needs work.
    Tom

repeating

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Actually I said the .22 is the most deadly round.

What were these cheap handguns used for ? And I don't think it was for an Olympic sport.

For the gun nuts this is a Colt Banker’s Special DA revolver, .22 cal., 2” round barrel, blue finish, checkered Colt medallion wood grips
    Out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion that the 22 is
    THE MOST DEADLY ROUND?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    That sounds like fun. When you say 'high power rifle', what calibre? Were scopes allowed?

Out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion that the 22 is
    THE MOST DEADLY ROUND?
    for someone so vociferous, he is quite ignorant about guns and he continues to nurture that ignorance