Thread: R2AK a reason to care

Default R2AK a reason to care

https://r2ak.com/2017-teams-full-race/team-grace-b/

We have some wood in the race. Good luck Grace B, I know who is going to get a lot of looks when I go tracker junkie this year.

The descriptions for R2AK teams are worth reading, I stole the last line of Grace B's for this title.

"Welcome to the R2AK Team Grace B, thank you for finally giving Wooden Boat Magazine a reason to care."
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Default Re: R2AK a reason to care

Well now I know what Ernie Baird has been up to since he sold the business. He and his crew did some beautiful work on my old boat Savona back in the day. Lovely boat they have. I'll be rooting for them for sure, among all the go fast boats.

Deadline for applications is 15 April. Looks like the interest is way down from the first two years unless there is a rush of applicants between now and then.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

I think you will see a flurry of entrants in the next couple of weeks. I'm terribly excited that Ernie Baird will be racing. Gracie B ain't the fastest thing, but she's easy on the eyes.

If this were Japan, Ernie would be a National Cultural Treasure, as well as a nice guy.

I've actually raced against Grace B., on Lake Union. I was in a Blanchard Jr. Knockabout. They were quick, but didn't point terribly high.

That is one of the most beautiful boats in existence, in my humble opinion.

Grace B is looking for a crew person for the return trip from Ketchikan to Port Townsend. Requires sailing experience. Please contact me at erniebaird@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by switters View Post
    https://r2ak.com/2017-teams-full-race/team-grace-b/

We have some wood in the race. Good luck Grace B, I know who is going to get a lot of looks when I go tracker junkie this year.

The descriptions for R2AK teams are worth reading, I stole the last line of Grace B's for this title.

"Welcome to the R2AK Team Grace B, thank you for finally giving Wooden Boat Magazine a reason to care."
    well at least there is a photo of the Grace B on the R2AK site (pretty boat) ... Switters, you've copy and pasted the most informative verbage from 5+ paragraphs ostensibly about the boat and team... did they hire a frustrated stand up comic to do the write ups about each team?