Thread: April 30, 2017

Default April 30, 2017

In ten days, Mr. Trump's first 100 days will be over. A list of his accomplishments is needed.
    1. Allowing diagnosed mentally ill persons to purchase firearms. Check.
    2. .... crickets ... crickets ...
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Default Re: April 30, 2017

A perspective:

Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley told the Washington Post that, “This is the most failed first 100 days of any president.”

Said Brinkley: “To be as low as he is in the polls, in the 30s, while the FBI director is on television saying they launched an investigation into your ties with Russia, I don’t know how it can get much worse.”

He added: “There’s a smell of treason in the air. Imagine if J. Edgar Hoover or any other FBI director would have testified against a sitting president? It would have been a mind-boggling event.”
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Default Re: April 30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    In ten days, Mr. Trump's first 100 days will be over. A list of his accomplishments is needed.
    1. Allowing diagnosed mentally ill persons to purchase firearms. Check.
    2. .... crickets ... crickets ...
    1: Will you quit that? It's gonna get him reelected! I hate Trump. But his force with the gun folks is strong, this one. To repeat, the measure he repealed (initiated under Obama) would have banned someone getting vet or SS benefits from owning a gun if they specified someone else, like their cousin the accountant, to manage their finances. Even the ACLU trashed it, and they NEVER get involved in gun issues, but they thought this was too slippery a slope. I said it was bad, and would contribute to the dems losing the election, if they did. Nobody ever listens to me. Except Porsche.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.