Thread: So the FBI can find Tom Brady's shirt, but can't figure out if the Russians meddled

Default So the FBI can find Tom Brady's shirt, but can't figure out if the Russians meddled

in the election.

Really?

<slapping forehead and shaking my head>

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Default Re: So the FBI can find Tom Brady's shirt, but can't figure out if the Russians meddl

Default Re: So the FBI can find Tom Brady's shirt, but can't figure out if the Russians meddl

For another take, http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...t=#post5189792

The recovery wrecked my thought that Trump, ever ready to imitate Putin so long as he can keep his shirt on, decided to imitate Putin's theft of Kraft's Super Bowl ring by stealing Brady's jersey. Ah well. A legitimate theory is disprovable.

Why was the FBI investigating a stolen shirt?
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

In the actual news stories, it's the Dallas police that appear to be the lead. FBI had no reported role before now, when FBI and NFL techs are verifying the authenticity of the recovered jerseys and other paraphernalia. But the FBI must have had some role, as there were dozens of law enforcement agencies, both US and then Mexican, involved.

Houston Chief Art Acevedo:
    "Through the cooperation of the NFL and New England Patriots' security teams, the FBI and other law enforcement authorities, the Super Bowl LI jersey worn last month by MVP Tom Brady has been recovered," the NFL said in its statement. "Also retrieved during the ongoing investigation was the jersey Brady wore in the Patriots' victory in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks in 2015.
    "The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media. Due to the ongoing investigation, we would refer any additional questions to the FBI."
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Just to be accurate, the FBI is currently looking into Russian interference with the election. They're not done yet, and 'can't figure out' is WAY premature.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Thank you Jim. I'd not seen the text of Chiev Acevedo's announcement.

Did MARGO really start a POLITICAL thread?????

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH OUR SWEETHEART?
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

There are fewer suspects. And more cameras. And, ya'know, priorities.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Not being a fan of "sports" in any way, I dunno what that even means.
    But I do notice that sport fans tend to lean to the right, so was the search for a dudes shirt like a Benghazi hearing?

...the FBI is currently looking into Russian interference with the election...
    There are certainly some very serious ducks that require very careful, thoughtful lining up. I am guessing that in addition to the actual investigating, the long wait for justice is in part to make certain of an iron-clad case. trmp is slippery. The other large, unseen factor, is the responsible care and planning for the inevitable public outcry and partisan 'fighting in the streets' by the public. Yannow, like when the extraterrestrials show up, the government won't tell us, in order to avoid a general panic. IOW, no matter what the actual outcome, there is a now tangible possibility that an impeachment for treason will play out, and a very large but select contingent of officials of various federal agencies, perhaps to include the former president in at least an advisory role, and even potentially the Hillary, too, has to address the issue and make some necessary preparation. How does a tainted and illegitimate election get legitimately disposed? The group that will eventually be the adults in this debacle will include at least various committee members in both houses of congress and from both sides of the aisle, as well as some member(s) of the judiciary, along with the Justice Department, and the intel agencies. A major issue for this select group to determine 'while the investigation wears on,' will be how to cope with all of the potential elements of the public response to this unprecedented and heretofor highly unlikely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    Did MARGO really start a POLITICAL thread?????

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH OUR SWEETHEART?
    Everyone has a limit for bull****.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    There are certainly some very serious ducks that require very careful, thoughtful lining up. I am guessing that in addition to the actual investigating, the long wait for justice is in part to make certain of an iron-clad case. trmp is slippery. The other large, unseen factor, is the responsible care and planning for the inevitable public outcry and partisan 'fighting in the streets' by the public. Yannow, like when the extraterrestrials show up, the government won't tell us, in order to avoid a general panic. IOW, no matter what the actual outcome, there is a now tangible possibility that an impeachment for treason will play out, and a very large but select contingent of officials of various federal agencies, perhaps to include the former president in at least an advisory role, and even potentially the Hillary, too, has to address the issue and make some necessary preparation. How does a tainted and illegitimate election get legitimately disposed? The group that will eventually be the adults in this debacle will include at least various committee members in both houses of congress and from both sides of the aisle, as well as some member(s) of the judiciary, along with the Justice Department, and the intel agencies. A major issue for this select group to determine 'while the investigation wears on,' will be how to cope with all of the potential elements of the public response to this unprecedented and heretofor highly unlikely scenario.
    Exactly. If the donald is illegitimate so is pense.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

I want to see Comey indicted along with the rest of those bursteds.