Thread: Haven't people been banned for this?

Default Haven't people been banned for this?

Dredging up multiple old threads and posting trolling comments.

Who got sent to stand the corner for doing that?
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Default Re: Haven't people been banned for this?

I'm going to guess it was a lefty... :-/

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post

We need an age requirement for participation here, since it appears obvious that a child has gotten in.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Sorry.

I hope to be done with the pedal car build in a few months.

After that, I'll just let it sink.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. Yes. I am totally joking. Seriously.

He is just upset ...... he liked being able to scream: Benghazi, Benghazi Benghazi!!!!

It's going to be a rough week for our right-wing nut-bag bilge rats! ..... Show some compassion!

Norman - you seem to have a fan. Pre-adolescent, most likely. Or arrested development. He doesn't know how to express his admiration in socially acceptable and productive ways... so he's sticking your metaphorical pigtails in the inkwell. Isn't he cute!?!?!

Wassat? The difference between a fan and a stalker? I'd say it comes down to the intent and psychological health of the 'fan'.

Ruuuhhh Roooo!!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Who?
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Norman - you have a fan. Pre-adolescent, most likely. Or arrested development. He doesn't know how to express his admiration in socially acceptable ways... so he's sticking your metaphorical pigtails in the inkwell. Isn't he cute!?!?!
    My reaction would have been a bit different.

However, the minor annoyance doesn't amount to much. We're talking about an individual who has NOTHING to contribute to any discussion.... just endless, mindless bleating, continuous repetition of the word 'liberal' (and variations thereof).

It would be foolish to pay any attention to someone who demonstrates absolutely NO intellectual capacity for reason or discourse. If anyone can identify a single post which wasn't a childish one line put-down, I'd be quite surprised.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Who this guy?

He's having his fun just as you are, do you actually think the drivel you offer ever day adds something to this community?

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    He's having his fun just as you are, do you actually think the drivel you offer ever day adds something to this community?
    What 'adds to this community' is not for you alone to judge, is it?
    --- Charles Pierce

I enjoy Norman's post a lot and I'm not alone.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I thought he was delecta-ed to that position! No?

Having *certain yahoos* on 'block' really eliminates a lot of useless chatter.

Try it.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Obviously not and it's not you who decides what gets posted. Whether it's bumping old posts of yours that seemed to be oh so important to you at the time but now seem comical to another poster, deal with it or give future thought to your posts, or not.

Lighten up Norm, it's an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    He is just upset ...... he liked being able to scream: Benghazi, Benghazi Benghazi!!!!

It's going to be a rough week for our right-wing nut-bag bilge rats! ..... Show some compassion!
    Week?

It looks like the abyss is yawning to swallow them into the Eternal Earth.

I couldn't be happier about that.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Just a quick look around this forum, and you will agree.

The hopes they pinned on the Orange One are ill-founded. He will embezzle and betray. He will sell the Republic for 27 and a pat on the bum.

It is becoming clear to them that they have backed a LOOOOZER.

If only there were some way to unelect the Moron King! They didn't MEAN to! Honest!!!

Sorry. You people managed to elect your Cheeto Jesus, now comes the part where he has to be stopped.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    Obviously not and it's not you who decides what gets posted. Whether it's bumping old posts of yours that seemed to be oh so important to you at the time but now seem comical to another poster, deal with it or give future thought to your posts, or not.
    I said or posted NOTHING when I saw that bobbys was being a complete jerk... and made no comment, until someone else did. As for those threads I started, it's not your role, either, to decide whether those threads were 'comical' or not. I stand by those threads.
    --- Charles Pierce

Norman, buddy, look who you're arguing with. Think of the poor wasted electrons.

Norman, buddy, look who you're arguing with. Think of the poor wasted electrons.
    True enough. I had enough fortitude to ignore bobbys' juvenile trolling.... but everyone has a limit, I suppose
    --- Charles Pierce

I said or posted NOTHING when I saw that bobbys was being a complete jerk... and made no comment, until someone else did. As for those threads I started, it's not your role, either, to decide whether those threads were 'comical' or not. I stand by those threads.
    I don't really care, he thinks their funny or relevant. This place needs people like him and you to be enjoyable to spend a few minutes reading, there are tons of boring sites to visit, stop trying to make this one of them.

I thought he was delecta-ed to that position! No?
    Hmmm... I don't know for sure... but I'd be willing to lay odds that certain folks have been de=electa'd from every position they've ever held. I'm just spitballin' here <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Gotta wonder whether it is a febrile attempt to drown out all of the threads telling Trump like it is, RWW's can only take soi much truthiness.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Too bad I'm not a Psychology grad student. This joint would be a gold-mine of grist for the mill. Prolly a PhD. in it somewhere...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

bobbys is trying to cover his latest Trump tweet belief that Barack Hussein Obama "wire tapped" DT. Don't forget those 26,000 bombs!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    bobbys is trying to cover his latest Trump tweet belief that Barack Hussein Obama "wire tapped" DT. Don't forget those 26,000 bombs!
    If we all want to be honest here, Trump probably found out a whole lot of stuff once he was anointed, wire tapping was just the least of it. He shouldn't have said anything because ....well just because.

With his personality disorder he seems UN-willing to walk it back but who here doesn't think that everything was monitored.

Too bad I'm not a Psychology grad student. This joint would be a gold-mine of grist for the mill. Prolly a PhD. in it somewhere...
    I seem to remember one of our reds had a daughter who was a shrink and was going to provide an analysis of all us lefties. What ever became of that?

People are mad when I disagree with them , then they are madder when I agree, I just cannt win!

I have not even started many. Threads so it must not be me you are talking about.

You have no idea how stupid that sounds.

You have no idea...
    ftfy
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    I just cannt win!
    It's not about "winning", it's about having conversations with individuals that have a common meme, i.e. boats.

Whining is something else entirely.

I seem to remember one of our reds had a daughter who was a shrink and was going to provide an analysis of all us lefties. What ever became of that?
    I wonder if that was me, pre-epiphany... In any event, she has seen this place, backed away from the abyss, and hasn't returned. I like to think she holds me in much higher regard- but I might've misread her.��
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    I wonder if that was me, pre-epiphany... In any event, she has seen this place, backed away from the abyss, and hasn't returned. I like to think she holds me in much higher regard- but I might've misread her.��
    No, not you Doc. This guy was a real red. Made all kinds of threats. She was a West Point cadet who was going to be a shrink (which is about as crazy as anything I've ever heard of but the Army of One is a pretty ****ed up concept too).
    http://www.usma.edu/bsl/SitePages/Psychology.aspx

THIS is an Army shrink.

I remember it well as I was the subject of the first review. I passed and was judged to have only normal neurosis. I can now hold a job at any fast food restaurant that might have me.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

By no means... They'll just continue to stare up and out at the clouds (emulating Die Mango Mussolini) and refuse to notice the sewage accumulating around their individual pedestals.

Must be NICE to be them?
    Frayed Knot Arts: Fancywork and Rope Jewelry
    http://www.frayedknotarts.com.html[