Thread: A Specter of Treason Hovers Over Donald Trump

Default A Specter of Treason Hovers Over Donald Trump

So says former Assistant Secretary of State and international human rights expert John Shattuck.

Former Assistant Secretary of State and international human rights expert John Shattuck said this week that President-elect Donald Trump must welcome a thorough investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election because the questions it raises leave him vulnerable to charges of treason. “A specter of treason hovers over Donald Trump,” Shattuck wrote in the Boston Globe. “He has brought it on himself by dismissing a bipartisan call for an investigation of Russia’s hacking of the Democratic National Committee as a ‘ridiculous’ political attack on the legitimacy of his election as president.”
    With evidence piling up that forces within Russia worked to tip the election in Trump’s favor, Shattuck said that it’s unwise for Trump to bat aside the accusations as if they’re unimportant.
    Shattuck — who was appointed by Pres. Bill Clinton and currently serves as a professor of diplomacy at the Fletcher Center of Law and Diplomacy and as a senior fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School’s Carr Center for Human Rights Policy — quoted the director of U.S. Cyber Command Admiral Mike Rogers.
    “This was not something that was done casually, this was not something that was done by chance,” Rogers said. “This was not a target that was selected purely arbitrarily. This was a conscious effort by a nation state to attempt to achieve a specific effect.”

“There are several possible explanations for Trump’s position” in avoiding an investigation, said Shattuck. “They are not mutually exclusive.”
    In each of these scenarios, the president-elect is engaging in behaviors that fall under the definition of treason, Shattuck wrote, which is committed by a person “owing allegiance to the United States who…adheres to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort.” The crime of misprision of treason is committed by a person “having knowledge of the commission of any treason [who] conceals and does not disclose.”
    Rattling the teacups.

Default Re: A Specter of Treason Hovers Over Donald Trump

Spectre? More like a PeaSoupFog...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Misprision of treason. Interesting word.

Negative misprision is misprision by neglect of duty, notably a duty to report information about a felony or treason. Positive misprision is maladministration or the commission of other serious offence falling short of actual felony or treason.
    Referring to accomplices to a traitor, one who commits the treason.
    Our real enemy is the
    MIC

trmp is definitely one of the
    Men-In-Charge

It is their obscene, craven profit-driven global hegemony and empire building, that is the most important existential threat to human civilization.

Yadda yadda yadda. Until Republicans lose their Congressional majorities, that's all this is: yadda yadda yadda. Waste of bandwidth.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Yadda yadda yadda. Until Republicans lose their Congressional majorities, that's all this is: yadda yadda yadda. Waste of bandwidth.
    Sooooo . . . if this is a waste of bandwidth, shall we consider your comment to be a waste of a waste of bandwidth?

For my part, I'm not real sure the Republican Party HAS a majority, anymore.

I don't think THEY'RE sure, either!
    Rattling the teacups.

^ Yes, Oznabrag, you can indict me too.

My only saving grace is that I have sworn off telecast news and have resorted to ( gasp! ) sports media to stay sane.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Spectre? More like a PeaSoupFog...
    I was gonna say, "miasma".
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    ^ Yes, Oznabrag, you can indict me too.

My only saving grace is that I have sworn off telecast news and have resorted to ( gasp! ) sports media to stay sane.
    Indict?

Geeze!

I'm not sure I even HAVE a 'saving grace'!
    Rattling the teacups.

The US has lost so much face already and is becoming a very dangerous international joke. Indicting your President for treason would make things worse, far better, if possible, to force him to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    ... to force him to resign.
    THEN indict him for treason.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    The US has lost so much face already and is becoming a very dangerous international joke. Indicting your President for treason would make things worse, far better, if possible, to force him to resign.
    Some CIA scumbag went to Gerald Ford, and begged, pleaded, and cajoled him into letting Nixon off the hook for violating the Logan Act in his bid for the Presidency ON PRECISELY THOSE SAME GROUNDS.

EVERY, SINGLE RATFREAKING REPUBLICAN SCUMBAG ELECTED TO THE PRESIDENCY SINCE THEN HAS PULLED THAT SAME STUNT.

NO.

NOW is the time to indict, convict and execute as many of these traitors as it takes to DRAIN THE SWAMP.
    Rattling the teacups.

Oznabrag, you feelin' your oats today, son?
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

To be on the conservative side it would be a good idea to delay 45's Supreme Court nominee