Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 36 to 70 of 83

Thread: Trump tries to read a book

  1. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    18,341

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    Saying hes a billionaire because of his father just further displays the lack of intelligence of the left and their ability to grasp reality.
    Why is that? If Forrest Gump had inherited 10 million in the 70's & put it in an index fund, he'd have more money today than Trump does. So - where's Trump's genius when you compare to that?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  2. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    10,506

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Maybe the "billion" is rubles.

  3. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    18,341

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Maybe the "billion" is rubles.
    I'm sure much of it was at some point. He's had a lot of dealings with Russians (& no I'm not saying a private citizen should not do business with Russia).
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  4. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Bluefin2 and bobbys are not concerned with truth, they are down the rabbit hole
    .

    No ,I just do not resort to ad hominums as a debate tactic.

  5. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    7,459

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    He's sharp enough to be a billionaire and President of the USA. How sharp does that chisel need to be? The point being is that he is not an idiot, perhaps most posters here will not understand that but they probably use dull tools.

    The whole "he's rich, so he must be smart" argument really doesn't hold water. I know quite a few rich individuals. Several of them are anyting but smart. Some are very hard workers, some just got lucky. There isn't one of them I'd vote for.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

  6. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Sacramento, Calif, USA
    Posts
    4,226

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    If that prsn is so smart, why would he not behave as if he were? And why would he not then appeal to the whole contingent of voters, including the smart ones, rather than just the easily manipulated, gullible, forgotten, flyover deplorables? That doesn't seem too smart, even if he did pull the fleece over the former group.

    The quote below isn't from a news pundit or anyone famous or accomplished, that I can tell, but it makes some interesting points. My bolding at the end of the quote.

    He’s not saying. He will never share a test score if he every takes a test. No one knows. He probably doesn’t know. He doesn’t WANT to know. But I don’t see how it could be over 110. It’s probably about average, at 100.


    IQ is not the only measure of brain power. It’s a specific type of measure, that was first created to measure how fast students can learn. It measures only one very specific human mental trait. There are many others.


    Trump has a level of success in life that many dream of, but never achieve. So they assume he “must be smart” to get where he is. And they translate that into the idea he must have a high IQ. But that’s just not true. Few people with a high IQ gain such success in life. Few people with a high IQ CHOOSE to struggle for what Trump calls “success”. Most People with a high IQ, choose a very different life than what Trump has created for himself. Having a high IQ generally PREVENTS one from choosing the endless search for narcissistic self aggrandizing Trump has chosen for himself.


    Nobody I’ve never known, or heard about, with a high IQ, speaks at the level of 5th grader like Trump. NOBODY. His language skills are not that of a high IQ individual, even though it’s true, that IQ and language skills are not the same.


    IQ measures how fast a person can learn new concepts (on their own), without being told by others. It’s a measure of how quickly a person can grasp complex abstract ideas. IQ is a type of measure that focuses on abstract thinking skill; on big picture thinking skills; On creativity. Trump shows none of these traits.
    But there’s a trait that is amazingly strong in Trump. And you can understand that trait by reading the Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale. The book published in 1952 that explains all you need to know about Trump. It’s a life philosophy of self fulfillment by bending your view of reality. Dream big, and it will make you big. See your success as real, and your success will follow. Normal Vincent Peale wasn’t just a self help author. He was a Church Preacher. The church that Trump was taken to as a boy. Trump grew up, listening to religious sermons, on the power of positive thinking, and he’s clearly shaped his entire life around that.


    He’s so believes in his own success, that he’s learned how to talk, to make others believe in it as well. And that is is one and ONLY magic power. His ability to make people BELIEVE he’s a success.


    There is no evidence that he actually runs any of his complex businesses. There is no evidence he actually understands the complex financial complexity of his real estate empire. There is only evidence, that he is very good at talking others into doing the work for him, and talking others, into believing anything with the Trump name, will be a success. He’s the world’s greatest self promoting con man, and nothing else.


    His IQ, I would place at 110 MAX. And If I had to pick a number for a bet, it would be 100.
    Everything is over-determined. No one is just one thing.

    "Trump is the personification of the current crisis, but the real enemy of the US of A, the whole planet, is the MIC, their global hegemony, and the continuing consequent oppression and suffering at home and abroad, the main driver of the wealth disparity and climate change."


  7. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Why is that? If Forrest Gump had inherited 10 million in the 70's & put it in an index fund, he'd have more money today than Trump does. So - where's Trump's genius when you compare to that?
    .

    I have heard that before , the only problem is he became Rich after he lost everything including the inheritance....



    Well no matter how rich he is or was there is always a proplem with it according to libs..

    Amazing the thinking of libs, better to put the money in a mattress rather then actually go out and produce..

  8. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    10,506

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    You do know the difference between the market and a mattress don't you?

  9. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Austin, TX, USA
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    For my lib friends to read on a 'reading' thread:
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/
    Q: Does First Lady Michelle Obama have an “unprecedented” number of staffers?
    A: A spokeswoman for the first lady says that Michelle Obama currently has a staff of 24. That may indeed be the largest of any first lady, but Hillary Clinton, with 19 staffers, and Laura Bush with at least 18 and perhaps more, weren’t far behind.

    I'll await the apologies.....



  10. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,557

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin2 View Post
    For my lib friends to read on a 'reading' thread:
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/
    Q: Does First Lady Michelle Obama have an “unprecedented” number of staffers?
    A: A spokeswoman for the first lady says that Michelle Obama currently has a staff of 24. That may indeed be the largest of any first lady, but Hillary Clinton, with 19 staffers, and Laura Bush with at least 18 and perhaps more, weren’t far behind.

    I'll await the apologies.....


    What does this have to do with the fact that the Sleazy Jesus can't get a spark when he rubs his two brain cells together?
    Rattling the teacups.

  11. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,557

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    I have heard that before , the only problem is he became Rich after he lost everything including the inheritance....



    Well no matter how rich he is or was there is always a proplem with it according to libs..

    Amazing the thinking of libs, better to put the money in a mattress rather then actually go out and produce..
    The problem is that he made those billions by stealing from tradesmen, and by declaring the losses of others as his own.

    He's a sleaze, man.

    Open your eyes.
    Rattling the teacups.

  12. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Northern NSW Australia
    Posts
    58,535

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    A tradesman's perspective on Trump. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...uits/85297274/

    Unless bobbys only works for Mum and Dad customers he knows of the big guy who doesn't pay, goes bankrupt to avoid paying then reappears to do it all over again. The building industry everywhere is full of them. They are a curse on the working man.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

  13. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks USA
    Posts
    9,098

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin2 View Post
    For my lib friends to read on a 'reading' thread:
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/
    [FONT="]Q: Does First Lady Michelle Obama have an “unprecedented” number of staffers?[/FONT]
    A: A spokeswoman for the first lady says that Michelle Obama currently has a staff of 24. That may indeed be the largest of any first lady, but Hillary Clinton, with 19 staffers, and Laura Bush with at least 18 and perhaps more, weren’t far behind.

    I'll await the apologies.....


    Sorry Bluefin, No apology forthcoming. We answered this earlier. Please try to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Sorry, Bluefin, but Snopes says this is false.

    "Michelle Obama does not have an 'unprecedented' number of staffers working for her; her staff is about the same size as that of her predecessor and other First Ladies."

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    The man is far from illiterate, if it helps you sleep better at night thinking such, so be it. Go to you tube and look at old interviews, articulate, well spoken and intelligent.

    Even the hair was odd at 30. He's acting and it made him president.....thinking that's the man is unrealistic.
    I don't think he's stupid, I think he's evil. And I don't mean in a religious-devil kind of way, I mean selfish, sociopathic, narcissistic. However, from being surrounded by yes-people for decades and having other smarter people do the difficult thinking for him, there is evidence that his thinking skills have gotten lame from disuse.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    He's sharp enough to be a billionaire and President of the USA. How sharp does that chisel need to be? The point being is that he is not an idiot, perhaps most posters here will not understand that but they probably use dull tools.
    He gauged correctly the ability to manipulate under-educated Americans and took advantage of a corrupt democratic party establishment fielding a very unfavorable candidate. The perfect storm.

    History will catch up with him, like Mussolini, and Hitler, and Stalin, and Pol Pot...
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  16. #51
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    39,012

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    No ,I just do not resort to ad hominums as a debate tactic.
    Honey child every time you pull the "libs" label out o yr tookus you play the ad hom game. Grow a pair boy and get some learnin'

  17. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    Saying hes a billionaire because of his father just further displays the lack of intelligence of the left and their ability to grasp reality.
    His return on investment was worse than just parking the money in the S&P 500. He declared bankruptcy FOUR TIMES. He had a CASINO go BANKRUPT. The only casino I know of to ever go bankrupt.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  18. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    He’s so believes in his own success, that he’s learned how to talk, to make others believe in it as well. And that is is one and ONLY magic power. His ability to make people BELIEVE he’s a success.
    Not just that. He doesn't just promote himself. He relentlessly INSULTS anyone that disagrees with him. That's the sociopathy.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  19. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Honey child every time you pull the "libs" label out o yr tookus you play the ad hom game. Grow a pair boy and get some learnin'
    .

    Thank you for calling me " honey child" however I always use " libs" because if i say " you" or a persons name they run to the mod..

    Libs here need to " grow a pair" as you say rather then run to mommy,..

    Obviously not all libs are bad nor do I hate them all nor would I address people in general if I was not warned to reply to certain people that are thin skinned by name..

    So you could say I learned.....

  20. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    You do know the difference between the market and a mattress don't you?
    .

    You do know one can lose in the market as well, don't you?

  21. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    His return on investment was worse than just parking the money in the S&P 500. He declared bankruptcy FOUR TIMES. He had a CASINO go BANKRUPT. The only casino I know of to ever go bankrupt.
    .

    Perhaps you did not live in NJ and know all the casinos had trouble..

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    I don't think he's stupid, I think he's evil. And I don't mean in a religious-devil kind of way, I mean selfish, sociopathic, narcissistic. However, from being surrounded by yes-people for decades and having other smarter people do the difficult thinking for him, there is evidence that his thinking skills have gotten lame from disuse.
    .

    Odd , before he became a republican people liked him.

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    He gauged correctly the ability to manipulate under-educated Americans and took advantage of a corrupt democratic party establishment fielding a very unfavorable candidate. The perfect storm.

    History will catch up with him, like Mussolini, and Hitler, and Stalin, and Pol Pot...
    .

    Pretty much saying the democrat base are the dumb people to overlook their own corruption..

    Guess as long as they were winning THEY had no proplem with cheating and corruption...

    Strange party to be proud of.....

  24. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    The problem is that he made those billions by stealing from tradesmen, and by declaring the losses of others as his own.

    He's a sleaze, man.

    Open your eyes.
    .

    Odd ,when I was a union carpenter in NJ I never heard of any tradesmen not being paid, it was mainly Union work in the sidy and highly sought after.

  25. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    Odd , before he became a republican people liked him.
    No, they really didn't. All the locals knew the score. All the small contractors he stiffed (because he knew they didn't have the money to sue him) knew the score.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  26. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    Pretty much saying the democrat base are the dumb people to overlook their own corruption..

    Guess as long as they were winning THEY had no proplem with cheating and corruption...

    Strange party to be proud of.....
    Oh I don't disagree with you there. I'm telling my fellow liberals, that if the democratic leadership thinks Trump is the only problem, and don't look inward, they'll lose again. Clinton is corrupt and arrogant, and had the democratic leadership such as Wasserman-Shultz and Brazile in her pocket. Now Hillary is trying to line up Chelsea in politics. She already is on a very high-powered board of directors in her 30s, with no record of business achievement, obviously was put there as an conduit to Hillary.
    Last edited by Bob (oh, THAT Bob); 03-18-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  27. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    Odd ,when I was a union carpenter in NJ I never heard of any tradesmen not being paid, it was mainly Union work in the sidy and highly sought after.
    Because the unions would have gone after him. The reports (from the actual trades) were from one of his projects in Florida, where he specifically employed small independent contractors.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  28. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    Oh I don't disagree with you there. I'm telling my fellow liberals, that if the democratic leadership thinks Trump is the only problem, and don't look inward, they'll lose again. Clinton is corrupt and arrogant, and had the democratic leadership such as Wasserman-Shultz and Brazile in her pocket. Now Hillary is trying to line up Chelsea in politics. She already is on a very high-powered board of directors in her 30s, with no record of business achievement, obviously was put there as an conduit to Hillary.
    .

    It gets worse, I watched maddow the other night and she said the biggest problem democrats have is not republicans but the Russians.

    It seems the whole democrat party has gone Skizo and paranoid..

    Now they are Actually believing their own propaganda...

    The republicans were in a hole for years tis true but turned introspective..

  29. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    7,774

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Trump's limited vocabulary renders him uncapable of talking like a "reader". Been married to two; know the lingo.

  30. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    10,506

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    His tiny vocabulary is a bigger tell than his tiny hands.

  31. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Camden, Maine
    Posts
    2,634

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Amazing how childish some posters are.

  32. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    22,793

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    Amazing how childish some posters are.
    "

    It's The MO they started with Sarah Palin, Just keep mocking and crying " dumb" over and over again,.

    They have no understanding fly over country watched, DT watched and knew to sit back was to be defeated.

    DT fought back and was in fact the only man to fight back..

    In Truth Liberals brought forth a D Trump..

    The democrat party is reduced to sitting in the cheap seats giving Bronx cheers to no one..

    It is rather fun to watch.

  33. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,557

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    "


    In Truth Liberals brought forth a D Trump..
    Oh, yesssss . . . and the Jewsssss caussssed the Holocaussssst.
    Rattling the teacups.

  34. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    7,774

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    It's a fact, Trump has the vocabulary of a 6th grader.

  35. #70
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    39,012

    Default Re: Trump tries to read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    No ,I just do not resort to ad hominums as a debate tactic.
    You don't resort to facts either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •