Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrotus Impresses Another World Leader - Needs a Caption

Default Re: Scrotus Impresses Another World Leader - Needs a Caption

I used to think the press photographers treated trump unfairly. So many unflattering pics. I've since realized you just can't take a good pic of the guy. He's a complete d**k. Scrotus is a fitting moniker.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

What does "Scrotus" stand for? Last 4 letters must be "of the United States" but I'm not sure about the first 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    I used to think the press photographers treated trump unfairly. So many unflattering pics. I've since realized you just can't take a good pic of the guy. He's a complete d**k. Scrotus is a fitting moniker.
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation......Thoreau

SCROTUS = 'So-called ruler of the US'

A parody of 'POTUS', President of the US, a reference to Trump's crack about the federal judge who struck down his first Muslim ban as a 'so-called judge', plus the obvious anatomical reference.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Scientific name scrotumus wreckedus.
    Our real enemy is the
    MIC

trmp is definitely one of the
    Men-In-Charge

It is their obscene, craven profit-driven global hegemony and empire building, that is the most important existential threat to human civilization.

America will continue to see itself as the center of the universe but most of the rest of the freeish world is already trying to figure out how to avoid you. Yes, I know that's not a caption.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post

A parody of 'POTUS', President of the US, a reference to Trump's crack about the federal judge who struck down his first Muslim ban as a 'so-called judge', plus the obvious anatomical reference.
    Ironically, if you change the closing "s" for an"m" . . .
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

i
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Ironically, if you change the closing "s" for an"m" . . .
    As I said, the obvious anatomical reference. There seems to be something inherently comic/risque about scr- words anyway, as the famous bumper sticker 'I Got Scrod in Boston"
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post

Thanks, Keith.......No. 11 above had me laughing so hard I almost hurt myself.....picture and caption so perfectly matched!
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation......Thoreau

BR2 - did you finally figure out what the topic of conversation was?

Speculation is: D.Tramp refused to shake hands for the press because when they shook earlier...

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Not to beat a dead horse/(zebra?) , but...

>Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy,....

I recall (undocumented low priority memory) that in the 1980s {when The Donald was a smaller media phenom} there was an issue of a property going under, and the banker (prolly City) put The Don on an allowance until the situation improved. So before the business bankruptcies ... there were similar issues. Now he is in debt to offshore banking entities.

On the upside, as a Mature businessman, before the 2008 panic , he took care to hold plenty of cash ... which allowed him to buy signature properties at the market nadir.

--- And yes, Breitbart was the initial "source" cited by (hard to write) the Prez.
    The next source was an attorney/prosecutor/judge on Fox News. This fellow's reporting was specifically characterized as unfounded by other Fox reporters (struggling to establish/maintain/defend credibility/legitimacy.

So after the recently retired DNI, and recently retired head of CIA and NSA, and Justice/FBI, and GCHQ all denied the reality and plausibility of the TrumpTow bugging , the Prez mentions "Fox" to Dr./Chancellor Merkel ... evoking the WTF expression.

B'Rat A - Oh... I see what the issue was. When the press asked the two leaders to shake hands for the cameras... D.Tramp ignored them, ignored her offer to comply, and sat mute like a sullen pre-schooler. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time with my bootless blather.

B'Rat B - Say nothing more about it, old boy. We all occasionally jump to conclusions thru a too hasty reading of the situation. I did wonder why it took you so long to catch on - given all the clues you were offered. But no worries... I'm sure you won't make THAT mistake again. And your apology, btw, was very gracious.

B'Rat A - As God is my witness.

B'Rat C - <snort>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Here's part of what's behind the look.

The controversial President is said to have had an 'invoice' printed out outlining the sum estimated by his aides as covering Germany's unpaid contributions for defence. Said to be presented during private talks in Washington, the move has been met with criticism from German and Nato officials.

Mr Trump reportedly instructed aides to calculate how much German spending fell below two per cent over the past 12 years, then added interest. Estimates suggest the total came to 300bn, with official figures citing the shortfall to be around 250bn, and with 50bn in interest added on.

The Times quoted a German government minister as saying the move was “outrageous”. The unnamed minister said: “The concept behind putting out such demands is to intimidate the other side, but the chancellor took it calmly and will not respond to such provocations.” And the paper quoted a source close to Mrs Merkel saying she has “ignored the provocation”.

What a twerk of a Prez
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-angela-merkel-nato-bill-defence-ignore-usa-germany-spending-a7650636.html
    Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

"Whether ours shall continue to be a government of laws and not of men is now for Congress and ultimately the American people." - Archibald Cox