Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Joining The Norwegian Coastal Federation Bodø

Default Re: Joining The Norwegian Coastal Federation Bodø

Beautiful photos of great boats. We were at Roskilde, Denmark, about ten days ago and were very impressed with the Viking Ship museum and workshop. Boats with similar lines to what you are showing. Because they are building new boats using the same materials, techniques, and tools as originally done, it is fascinating to see what has changed and what has stayed the same over many centuries.

Thanks Grabow! I would like to go to Roskilde myself. You really feel like sailing "viking-ships" in this Nordlandsboats, and they have the same construction as viking ships.

The coastal federation has got a new vessel for members to use. This is a traditional "Nordland-sjark" A traditional coastal fishing vessel. It needs some care but tecnical in good condition.

20190618_191550.jpg

Great looking boat! What's she powered with?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I dont know exactly yet, but its a small diesel-enging inboard ofcourse. The boat is 24 feet. I have been onboard but not on a trip yet. I felt the boat was surprisingly tippy to be this size, but my guess it need some ballast. The boat need some oil and varnish, so more photos later of a more sparkling hull :-)

Hey Fred. At this age, I would give both testicles for a boat like that. Its beautiful to my eyes.

Well, you need balls to take good care of this lady! 😁

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

OK - I'll keep them for now. Just a lovely little boat. Hope you have a great weekend.

Yesterday we had an interesting trip with our åttring. It was a fresh breeze, but we sailed broad reach with full sails in 8 knots. When we jibe/gybe, we always let the peak down to take out power to prevent a broach. Broach is the biggest risk in an open boat with 400 kg. stones as ballast. When we started to tack we needed a couple of reefs as the vind also picked up a bit. In this wideo there is not were good sail trim, but the sea came in a direction that made some rolling, making it harder to trim properly. It was a new experience sailing in this conditions, but we also got confidence the boat sails well with some reefs when needed. We had to stop sailing after a while because the peak haul jammed, and its a risk sailing without good control on the peak. Motor home.

Another chilly looking day on the water. But our high yesterday was 64F so it must global cooling . Will the sun dip below the horizon today at your latitude?

Happy summer.

Yes its midsummer, so today is the longest daylight we hawe this year. It will no get gradually darker, but we have many weeks still with midnight sun. Usually the months ahead is the warmest, and people start to take vacations now, including me 😁

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Bodø, and Norway has now got a "Jektefartsmuseum" for the "Jekt" "Anna karoline" A Jekt is a cargoboat used to carry fish from the big fisheries in northern Norway to the european marked. These fisheries was the biggest export before the oil, so the Jekt is a very important part of our history. Today was the opening-day, and we tok a trip there,,, with traditional boats ofcourse :-) If any of you visit Bodø, this s the place too go!!!