Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl Guides of Canada - cancelling all US travel.

Default Re: Girl Guides of Canada - cancelling all US travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    So. He is wrong.
    Your contact with the TSA must be very limited. Because my experience is official written policy differs from de facto policy daily.

A little bit of googling explains everything:

Residents of Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Pennsylvania, South Carolina or Washington, will no longer be valid to pass TSA-checkpoints with their state IDs. This means they'll have to bring a passport, military ID or permanent resident card next time they go to the airport, even if they're just traveling within the United States.

The new rule goes into effect January 22, 2018. This gives you plenty of time to finally renew that passport. The TSA has already begun putting up signage alerting travelers of the upcoming change in requirements.

So why are these states the only ones being affected? These states don't meet the federal government's minimum security standards, which requires verifying every ID applicant's identity, putting anti-counterfeit technology into the production of the card and conducting background checks on the people issuing the driver's licenses.

According to the TSA website, after January 22, 2018, you will still be able to use your state-issued driver's license to fly domestically as long as the state meets the Real ID requirements.

What's so funny about peace love & understanding?

From about a month ago. Looks like the trump slump will hit the airline industry first.

http://time.com/money/4662727/trump-...ation-tourism/

"The site gathered flight-search data from 122 countries over the past five weeks, and found that weekly international U.S.-bound flight searches decreased 17% after the travel ban was announced. The number of flight searches dropped from 61.5 million per week during Obama's final days in office, down to 56 million during Trump's inauguration week, before falling to 50.9 million after the travel ban was ordered."
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Bet you can still go and get yourself a high powered semi-auto gun with less ID in any of these states.

Dimwitted.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Your contact with the TSA must be very limited. Because my experience is official written policy differs from de facto policy daily.
    I am almost certain that the policy with regard to acceptable documents under the last president is the same as under the current president. I did make a mistake: One does not need any of these documents to travel. TSA has a form for that at screening time. The internet search things can find all the info you need to verify my comments. It is amazing how people go to so much effort to spread false information.

I expect your experience is too limited to form an valid opinion of de facto policy. Or even to know the written policy. But the internet is a good source for expanding one's knowledge.

(My granddaughter is a minor and has no acceptable id. They ask her a few questions and send her through.)
    Life is complex.

I expect your experience is too limited to form an valid opinion of de facto policy. Or even to know the written policy. But the internet is a good source for expanding one's knowledge.
    The internet is also a remarkably adept tool at spreading ignorance and misinformation. I find the most effective ignorance comes wrapped in condescension.

No. You need one of those documents to fly on commercial airlines.

So. He is wrong. The TSA website has the list I posted.
    And if you'd taken the time to properly read my post you'd see the new rules invalidating those certain states drivers liscences goes into affect in January 2018. You referred to a current list.
    You really should apply for Spicer's job. He's gonna burnout and you'd be a natural.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Airline travel aside, schools in Windsor, Ontario, cancelled field trips to the U.S., across the river, for similar reasons about a month ago.

Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCosh View Post
    Airline travel aside, schools in Windsor, Ontario, cancelled field trips to the U.S., across the river, for similar reasons about a month ago.
    Most of the schools in Atlantic Canada have cancelled trips to the US as well. Boston used to be a major destination for the High School bands.
    Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.