Thread: FYI - Sears Table Saw Recall Notice

Default FYI - Sears Table Saw Recall Notice

I just came across this and I thought I'd share in case anyone here is affected:

PORTABLE TABLE SAWS

DETAILS: Model number 137.415030 Craftsman brand 10-inch table saws. "15 AMP 10-inch table saw," ''Sears Brands Mgt. Corp." and the model and serial numbers are printed on a silver label on the front. They were sold at Sears stores nationwide and online at www.sears.com from April 2014 through October 2016. Serial numbers included in the recall begin with the following letters: RSN, RSP, RSQ, RSR, RSS, RST, RSU, RSV, RSW, RSX, RSY, RSZ, RTN, RTP, RTQ, RTR, RTS, RTT, RTU, RTV, RTW, RTX, RTY, RTZ, RUN, RUP, RUQ, RUR, RUS, RUT. They were sold at Sears stores nationwide and online at www.sears.com from April 2014 through October 2016.
    WHY: The table saw's stand can collapse unexpectedly, posing laceration and impact injury hazards to the operator.
    INCIDENTS: 11 reports of the table saw collapsing, including nine reports of injuries to fingers and hands, including broken bones, lacerations, a shoulder strain, and a partial fingernail amputation.

HOW MANY: About 46,000.
    FOR MORE: Call Rexon at 866-934-6360 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.sears.com and clicking "Product Recalls" for more information.
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.
    -Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Default Re: FYI - Sears Table Saw Recall Notice

Hi, BrianY --

Thanks for posting this. I'll be getting a new stand for my saw in 7-10 business days.