Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campion Apple

Default Re: Campion Apple

If you have specific measurements for the halyard attachment points, I'm sure you already have better guidance than I can offer--every rig is a little different that way, anyway.

I've never felt the need for a vang--a balance lug is self-vanging to some degree anyway--but no one has ever accused me of being a performance-oriented sailor!

Good luck getting it on the water--I'm looking forward to seeing some action photos.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

It's been a while since my last update, but I've still been plugging along but at a much slower pace once I came to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be launching in 2017. It was actually a bit of a relief; I had been working almost non-stop on it for the majority of 2017 and I needed a break. I'm getting really close now and my list will most certainly be completed by early spring and will be ready to launch.
    Some of the bigger projects I completed since I last posted were painting the interior (Kirby #32 Sand), building the hatches (still have to mount hardware though), built and installed boomkin, mostly finished the rudder assembly (paint is drying now), and a bunch of other fiddly sorts of things. I still need to finish up the daggerboard (NACA0012 profile), install cleats, chocks, varnish, general cleanup, etc...

Somehow I've missed this thread until now. I've eyed the apple designs for a while, but I think they're a bit more complex than I'm up for.

The boat is looking wonderful, just wonderful.
    CLC Skerry = "Vingilothiel"