Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate this President.

Default Re: I hate this President.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    He is the absolute antithesis of EVERYTHING I hold dear. Everyday this administration makes me sick. His tweets are REPULSIVE. I don't know what to do. I don't know the best way to deal with it. Trumps presidency makes me sick. He is the worst of what I think America is suposed to be. I've never felt this way about politics. I mean I dealt with George W. I wasn't a fan or Reagan. I would vote 10X for Mitt Romney or even Mccain even with Palin. Sh!te I can't take this. Everyday it just keeps getting worse.
    As in real life, two people with identical personalities rarely get along, right down to the liking of cameras. Just saying..:<}}

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Norman I'm also willing to accept that Hillary was an unelectable candidate.
    She was a lousy candidate... but she wasn't really 'unelectable'... I continue to believe that the Russian hacking, and more importantly, James Comey's reprehensibly unprofessional conduct, was what really tipped the scales. Without those two things, I believe she would have won.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    No, that's a "Fake News" whitewashing, Blue.

By all accounts, the actual conduct of the balloting which elected Trump was fair and clean. As a result of that balloting, Trump won a majority of the Electoral College votes, though the margin of his Electoral College victory ranked a meagre 46th out of 58 Presidential elections which America has conducted. Certainly not by the "landslide" and "historic" triumphant margin he's claimed.

And the conduct of the Election itself (the campaign) was uniquely marred by interference by foreign powers whose interest was to promote Trump's chances and negatively affect his rival's. This was compounded with an unprecedented partisan FBI intrusion into the election campaign (stirring controversy about Clinton, while not sharing even better-founded negative information about Trump).

The balloting was "fair, clean, [and] Constitutional," but the election was not. That is the threat to your Constitutional Republic.
    Once again, TomF, the rebuttal to this is that your argument boils down to the notion that had the people not known about the collusion between Mrs. Clinton's campaign and the DNC, and the collusion between the DNC and elite media, why, she might have won.

In other words, had the people not learned these awful facts about the persons seeking to lead them, she would have been elected. Setting aside the issue that it is pure conjecture, argued with no evidence, it simply cannot serve as an endorsement for the idea that she should have won, again, based on the nature of the information exposed.

Whoever exposed these things did a favor to the American people in alllowing them to make a more informed choice about her candidacy, especially considering how deeply the media was in the tank for her. In being enraged about his election, shouldn't some of the blame run to Democrats? But it never does. It's all Trump hate, all the time.
    Last edited by Sky Blue; 02-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.

'Awful facts.'

Despite SB's attempts at deflection, this is not about Ms. Clinton. Barring highly unlikely events, she'll never be president. This is about Mr. Trump's appalling behavior, his pathological narcissism, his utter incompetence. and this choice of truly vile people for advisors (see Bannon, Steve).
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    'Awful facts.'

Despite SB's attempts at deflection, this is not about Ms. Clinton. Barring highly unlikely events, she'll never be president. This is about Mr. Trump's appalling behavior, his pathological narcissism, his utter incompetence. and this choice of truly vile people for advisors (see Bannon, Steve).
    No, it is also about how he came to be President. One cannot simply ignore all that has occurred in the Democratic Party that has operated to make that true. I'm not the only one talking about it. One cannot expect to simply express hatred for Trump in the abstract, without questions being raised on the issues allowing him to ascend to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabnis View Post
    Her comment about the "Deplorables" may not have helped her. It may be that some of the folks below finally decided to vote?

The only thing we can surmise about these folks is they might not have health insurance and chose instead to buy ammo instead. The one on the bottom may be collecting from a military disability due to falling on his fat butt while standing in the chow line in a Tennessee BBQ staging area.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 02-03-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    No I get it. I really do. I've long thought Hillary a particularly unattractive candidate. As far as answers to our current political crisis, I have no immediate answer. Nor do I need one today. I'm willing to be patient. Despite setbacks, our nation has moved progressively and steadily to the left, generation after generation. I think it will continue to do so. I even think a Trump presidency could accelerate it through a backlash.
    I'd like to think you're right Paul, but you may be overly optimistic. I think that corporate amerika is delighted that so many are focusing on the symptoms instead of on the real problem.

From a previous post;

"Steve Bannon Guilty of High Treason, and Bound for the Gallows, Toot Sweet!
    I'm beginning to think that by the time the repulsives are done with the US this time it will be damaged beyond repair. I don't blame them. They are in fact inferior beings who have been mislead to the point that corporate America has flushed their minds free of compassion and the ability to reason. In other words, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do.", That's not to say that I do forgive them, I don't forgive and forget, I don't think anyone really does, that's just a silly game played by delusional people.

I think I saw it suggested, or was it observed, here on the forum that corporate America has done away with the middle man, they now are the government. Things got to be that way because they never gave up, and since fear and greed are much stronger motivators than magnanimity and complacency it was bound to happen.

When Krushchev said "We will bury you!" he may well have been recognizing that rabid unfettered capitalism would eventually gain the upper hand, in fact I expect he saw quite clearly that it already had, and that it is clearly self destructive.

Now the question is what can be done about it. They will never give up, as already explained, and the good hearted generous folks just aren't savage enough to displace them, or are they? I've got serious doubts. It all boils down to survival of the fittest, and the way it works in nature is that might is right and that's all there really is to it.

Add to that the ramifications of global warming and population growth, along with our advanced technology, which enables further greed and crowd control/manipulation, and I think there are far worse times ahead.

Trump, Bannon and associates are not the cause of all of this, not by a long shot, they are merely the symptoms of a self destructive system doing just what it is destined to do. Focusing on the individuals is exactly what those who are really in control want us to do. The antidote is to gain control over the corporate control of the country. Good luck."

This helps

http://trumpdonald.org/

You're Welcome
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I've been following the flap about the tweets given out by the smoking hot Sarah Silverman over the last couple of days. She walked it back today; good for her.

Still, I recollect her really giving the business to the "Bernie or Bust" people at the Democratic National Convention. Perhaps the "Bernie or Bust" people had it right.

As much as SB would like to talk about Hillary Clinton or Sarah Silverman or Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump is president. He's doing things that range from ill-advised to stupid to downright evil. That's our problem right now.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

Also, anyone who calls the election fair is not taking into consideration the republican sponsoring of gerrymandering, which may very well have carried the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Etheridge View Post
    Also, anyone who calls the election fair is not taking into consideration the republican sponsoring of gerrymandering, which may very well have carried the election.
    Republicans do not have exclusive rights to gerrymandering.
    Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

I have found video or audio of the fellow to be repellent, which has significantly cut down on my news input.

So I listen to a lot of sports radio now, blaugh.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    As much as SB would like to talk about Hillary Clinton or Sarah Silverman or Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump is president. He's doing things that range from ill-advised to stupid to downright evil. That's our problem right now.
    Once again, it is more than just the Presidency. Look at where the Democrats are with the people of this country right now. Representationally.

As somebody up the thread has asked, rather than droning on into the internet, or other forms of keyboard activism, what are you going to do about it?

What policy changes do you suggest that will cause people to vote for the party at lesser levels of government?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Once again, it is more than just the Presidency. Look at where the Democrats are with the people of this country right now. Representationally.
    Hmmm.. they apparently represent roughly 3 million more voters, than do the Republicans.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    Republicans do not have exclusive rights to gerrymandering.
    Very true. Normally I'm skeptical of 'they all do it', but in this case they often do. We need to take redistricting out of partisan hands.

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Hmmm.. they apparently represent roughly 3 million more voters, than do the Republicans.
    Not where it matters sufficient to control the power levers in this government.

You are not alone, Joe. In fact, you are in a large majority which is getting larger by the minute. It is indeed very frustrating. We are not entirely in control of our own lives at this point, which is always a major stress inducer. These are a few things I've found helpful. They may not change much, but they make me feel better.

1. Back away from the news feeds. Let it fester for a few days before you get too agitated about anything you hear on the news. There's little point in worrying about being up to the moment when you know something worse is going to happen tomorrow anyway. Stay informed and vigilant, but don't let the undertow of the information stream pull you under. The people who spread the news do it to make money.

2. Engage the Trumpsters on an individual basis. Don't argue with them. Merely ask them why. They will inevitably answer with a parade of horribles. Let them vent, then ask them quietly and as if you really cared about them and what they think, "Why are you so scared about everything? What are you afraid of?" That's really where they are coming from and, deep down, they have no good answer to give you. They are generally less intelligent and more dependent people that you are. Acknowledge their fear. They have no denial system to cope with that reality. The bottom line is that they voted for Trump because deep down inside they feel weak and afraid. As time goes on, they will realize they made a big mistake. Give them permission to admit that they did.

3. Aggressively do random acts of kindness. Donating money is fine, but it doesn't really witness who we are. Go down to the local soup kitchen and volunteer to dish out food or wait on the tables a couple of days a week or whatever. Volunteer at the local food bank. Volunteer to drive a disabled vet to his VA hospital appointments. Stuff like that. It's all about personal contact. You don't have to make any overt political statement, but every time you help somebody who has been or will be screwed by Trump and the capitalistic economic oligarchs who pull his strings, you are making the strongest protest you can about that carnival barker and everything evil he stands for... even it it's only to one person at a time.

4. Realize that the people who supported Trump are more to be pitied than censured. They are like victims of domestic violence. Like victims of domestic violence, they are, in one way or another, dependent personalities who seek a strong protector to compensate for their own shortcomings. They believe they need someone to take care of them. When they find someone who promises that, their cognitive dissonance kicks in. The obvious defects of the object of their affection are ignored: "Oh, I know I can fix him." "He's really not a bad guy." "He just gets angry when he drinks." and so on... the excuses pile up until they get a fist in the face. At that point they have to begin the hard process of disengaging, building the courage to get out of the abusive relationship. Today, Lady Liberty is America's battered wife. If we support her "flight to safety" in every way we can, perhaps we can convince her to leave Trump and get herself into a shelter and start rebuilding her life. If we don't, she will only repeat the process with the next Trump and the one after that.

5. Stock up on good tequila. The price is certain to go up at least twenty percent.

Once again, TomF, the rebuttal to this is that your argument boils down to the notion that had the people not known about the collusion between Mrs. Clinton's campaign and the DNC, and the collusion between the DNC and elite media, why, she might have won.
    People should have known clearly and at an equally timely stage of the electoral process that:
    1. there was no evidence that Hillary Clinton's email practices ever exposed America's sensitive information to any foreign power
    2. there was a consensus among all of America's Intelligence Agencies that Russia had intervened in the American election, almost certainly with the intention of favouring Donald Trump
    3. The Russian interventions included hacking both Parties, but releasing information (sometimes altered to become more damaging) only respecting the Democrats - and there is evidence of collusion about this with members of the Trump senior campaign team.

Had this been known, the balloting on election day would very certainly have been affected - especially when the marked change in voting behaviour became obvious in pre-election polling only after Comey's 11th hour intervention casting (baseless) suspicion on Clinton's email behaviour.

Had Comey released the even more substantiated information about Russian preferential interventions in the election at the same time, there would be a different President today.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Dabnis View Post
    I wonder how many of the 3 million were citizens? "Motor voter is good" (Likely Democrat quote)
    Waddie is that you again?

It is just amazing, this catharsis, all hinged on the Presidency. It is as if so long as Obama was in office, why, nothing else mattered. Not the Senate, the House, the governorships, the legislatures. The Democrats were so obsessed with him, so under the spell of him, it only just now is dawning on them that they're utterly powerless to stop Trump. They smugly celebrated Harry Reid's nuclear option, which has allowed Trump's cabinet nominees to slide right in, one after another. There was a collective blindness, election after election, as the majorities slid away, the Democrats doing nothing about it, changing nothing, doubling down. The Democrats bear the greatest responsibility for the advent of President Trump. When they're prepared to accept that, they'll be on the road to doing something meaningful about it.

It is just amazing, this catharsis, all hinged on the Presidency. It is as if so long as Obama was in office, why, nothing else mattered. Not the Senate, the House, the governorships, the legislatures.
    The Senate and State administrations matter, but are beholden to the rather global phenomenon - as true in Canada, France, the UK, Australia ... even Afghanistan - that rural areas trend conservative and urban ones trend progressive. You have far, FAR more rural states than heavily urbanized ones - which is part of why the red/blue map looks as it does. The House matters, but the rural/urban reasons leading to a Red Senate/Governorships also enable House gerrymandering.

So the Presidency is the only National electoral institution where the method of selecting the incumbent has much of a bearing at all on their proportion of a national popular vote ... and you know how that turned out.
    The Democrats bear the greatest responsibility for the advent of President Trump. When they're prepared to accept that, they'll be on the road to doing something meaningful about it.
    Horse doodle. The voters who cast their ballots for Trump, and those who cast ballots for a 3rd party candidate in a close 2-way race are directly responsible for Trump's election. Period.

The Dems did not select Trump out of a field of 17 to be their champion, SB. Stop talking such alternative facts.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I get it, Joe. His whole shtick is, as some international press or other wrote, to act out the absolute worst of the "ugly American" negative stereotype. It's the cliche that half your country has been fighting their whole lives to prove is fiction, is an exaggeration even of the less attractive among you. Yet there he is: boorish, monumentally self centred, irrational and touchy, convinced that garish is better than reserved and brash is better than measured. And unapologetic about the toddler's notion that "me first" is always the best policy.

Th worst part is discovering how many of your fellow citizens think it is really admirable. It's like you never really knew them.
    Told ya.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

I think a lot of people supporting Trump in this thread are missing the point. It's not just the politics (see various comments about McCain, Romney, etc. looking damn good right now) - it's the man. He is a disgusting, vile creature & represents the very worst behavior (see "ugly American") of our citizens.

Forgetting politics for a moment, compare Obama the man/speaker with Trump. Heck, compare Romney the same way.

After one gets past that, then look at telling coal miners to please pollute or streams, immigrants that they are no longer welcome, etc.

The package simply makes me cry for our country.

As to what to do? Pay a lot less attention to politics on the news & get out & do something about it locally.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by phiil View Post
    I'm not sure that complaining here will make all that much difference. Talk about preaching to the choir.
    I have been wearing a black armband since the inauguration. When folks ask why, I reply that I'm in mourning for Democracy. Seems to elicit thoughtful nods, and some have indicated they will do the same.
    It could be the Guy equivalent of the Pink Pussy Hat.
    Democracy is doing OK, it's the Republic that's in the toilet.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

One thing I admire about the Brits is how sensible they are. Brexit is as big a change to them, certainly, as the election of Donald Trump is to US citizens.

Probably a great deal more. Apart from everything else, the very idea of European citizenship was stripped away from Remainers in an instant, at the behest of their fellow citizens (no less) with tangible, real world effects to be felt by people in Britain and elsewhere throughout Europe, the changes to reverberate for a generation if not more.

And yes, there was a good deal of histrionics for a week or so, but then they've pretty much gone about their business thereafter. What we're seeing in the US is nothing less than an unending tantrum, that is deepening, not dissipating. Some of these folks really need to grow up.

Waddie isn't a last days anarchist.

Dabnis = Sinbad, I just got it.

Sinbad was a Muslim

Just sayin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Sinbad was a Muslim

Just sayin' ...
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

I have to say, I think I'll have to thank Trump. The ACLU has received record donations, planned parenthood is having a strong uptick in donations, PBS has signed new donors, and liberal groups are organizing across the country. The left wing of the US has woken up and, is in the first stages of actually growing a spine. There is the very real possibility of progressives actually putting up a fight after being stepped on for decades, by both parties. So there is a very real possibility of the country swinging back to the left after Turnips rule.

I honestly hope to read about great improvements in the US, from far outside the country, thanks to the biggest gift Trump has given. My wife finally agrees we need to leave. Unfortunately, it's going to take at least a year to fix and sell the house, if we actually want enough money out of it. But hey, we're on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Forsen View Post
    I'm with you Joe.

Here's a place to start.

https://99waystofighttrump.com/?key=61697849
    Thanks Hal. There are some very good ideas there.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Bob Cleek:
    Today, Lady Liberty is America's battered wife.
    I've often said that we have to appeal to people on an emotional level and keep the message simple. Thank's Bob, that's a keeper.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Man you guys better pace yourselves, you are going to peter out before he leaves office.
    Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    Man you guys better pace yourselves, you are going to peter out before he leaves office.
    Pace ourselves ??? We are just trying to keep up.

8h8 hours agoDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S

9h9 hours agoDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    Professional anarchists, thugs and paid protesters are proving the point of the millions of people who voted to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

9h9 hours agoDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    Meeting with biggest business leaders this morning. Good jobs are coming back to U.S., health care and tax bills are being crafted NOW

10h10 hours agoDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    Thank you to Prime Minister of Australia for telling the truth about our very civil conversation that FAKE NEWS media lied about. Very nice

Iran is playing with fire - they don't appreciate how "kind" President Obama was to them. Not me!

Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a really bad job as Governor of California and even worse on the Apprentice...but at least he tried hard!

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment