Page 1 of 10 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate this President.

Default I hate this President.

He is the absolute antithesis of EVERYTHING I hold dear. Everyday this administration makes me sick. His tweets are REPULSIVE. I don't know what to do. I don't know the best way to deal with it. Trumps presidency makes me sick. He is the worst of what I think America is suposed to be. I've never felt this way about politics. I mean I dealt with George W. I wasn't a fan or Reagan. I would vote 10X for Mitt Romney or even Mccain even with Palin. Sh!te I can't take this. Everyday it just keeps getting worse.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Default Re: I hate this President.

Welcome to the club Joe.
    basil

Haters gotta hate!

Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Think about a Steyr AUG or an H+K MP5. It'll be needed sooner rather than later. Sad to,say.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Even if he is impeached, the national sickness that he represents will continue. That is the disease that needs a cure. That is the corruption of the American spirit that we must be healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Think about a Steyr AUG or an H+K MP5. It'll be needed sooner rather than later. Sad to,say.
    Does not help Nicholas, if the only solution you can come up with is the '2nd amendment' then the country is in an even worse
    state than even Joe contemplates.
    For Joe the immediate problem is not to allow the national situation to effect him personally. Think global, act local, look at the positives in your own life and don't allow yourself to become depressed. I always enjoyed your enthusiastic cynicism, don't loose that either. You two have made a good life for yourselves, don't allow a caricature of a man to spoil it.

Politicians of the majors have brought this on themselves. Happened in Britain, happened here. I'm not sure that their organisation have the capacity for change, they owe too many favours to too many 'donors' to reform. Reform must come from the grass roots, as unfortunately it has with Donald as voters found someone different, or didn't vote, which is of course the main problem.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 02-03-2017 at 01:16 AM.

The person that posts" who" is a monkey's uncle!

Joe, that's exactly how I feel. In my more lucid moments I try to rationally think what I can do. So I send another check to ACLU or Planned Parenthood or something, but it's not enough. Then I fall back into your OP. I'm 73 frigging years old and have never been prone to depression until now. And on top of the crap this imbecile is putting out, we have to put up with every day idiots who think it is alright. It isn't alright people, no matter how you spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Joe, that's exactly how I feel. In my more lucid moments I try to rationally think what I can do. So I send another check to ACLU or Planned Parenthood or something, but it's not enough. Then I fall back into your OP. I'm 73 frigging years old and have never been prone to depression until now. And on top of the crap this imbecile is putting out, we have to put up with every day idiots who think it is alright. It isn't alright people, no matter how you spin it.
    That's my problem - I just can't deal daily with idiots who think this is alright. The level of ignorance is out of control. If this is what it is to be a Trump supporter I'll take the elitist intellectual progressive thinking every day.

It's truly maddeningly depressive, it actually hurts. I'm almost at the point that if you voted for Trump and you continue to support his agenda, just get the hell away from me because your an idiot and I have absolutely no patience for you. I pride myself on being open and inclusive and try to understand the other side. This is maddening the other side is psycho.

Do any of you read, no I mean actually READ this president's Tweets ??? How can anyone support this ?
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Joe, I agree with you 100%. The 2016 election was democracy gone mad. That's why I'm up right now at 2:30 a.m.
    Very often, I can't sleep with this idiot at the helm and knowing that the idiots who voted him in are all around me.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

what about leaving the country?
    aren't you one of those who promised to do so?
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    That's my problem - I just can't deal daily with idiots who think this is alright. The level of ignorance is out of control. If this is what it is to be a Trump supporter I'll take the elitist intellectual progressive thinking every day.

It's truly maddeningly depressive, it actually hurts. I'm almost at the point that if you voted for Trump and you continue to support his agenda, just get the hell away from me because your an idiot and I have absolutely no patience for you. I pride myself on being open and inclusive and try to understand the other side. This is maddening the other side is psycho.

Do any of you read, no I mean actually READ this president's Tweets ??? How can anyone support this ?
    I feel your pain Joe.

It`s worse for you though , he`s your country`s president , on your home turf.

…and here in Aus our government politicians are having night sweats, hanging on Donald's latest twee6s and pretending the old rules still apply. Hard to know what the opposition is really thinking as the government seem to be handling their publicity as well, and better than they are handling their own.

Wife bumped into a neighbor at the library. He was reading the Wall St Journal because he's too cheap to subscribe. He started his customary monologue about how happy he is with Trump, and how everything wrong with the World is Obama's fault. The thing is, he give all outward appearances of being educated. He used to own the local Freightliner franchise, until the Sheriff closed his shop because he had quit paying for the healthcare plan for his employees. (an employee discovered in an emergency room with his kid that he had no coverage) The a-h spent a couple of years away from home except on weekends. We think he had been sentenced to a correctional facility in another state. I can't stand the guy.

Jeez, I go away for a few years and Joe is in SoCal now? Up is down, left is right, in is out, so no wonder Trump is in the White House. Ya messed up the whole zen universe thing going left coasty, Joe. *looks down* My shirt is on backwards.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

I get it, Joe. His whole shtick is, as some international press or other wrote, to act out the absolute worst of the "ugly American" negative stereotype. It's the cliche that half your country has been fighting their whole lives to prove is fiction, is an exaggeration even of the less attractive among you. Yet there he is: boorish, monumentally self centred, irrational and touchy, convinced that garish is better than reserved and brash is better than measured. And unapologetic about the toddler's notion that "me first" is always the best policy.

Th worst part is discovering how many of your fellow citizens think it is really admirable. It's like you never really knew them.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Be kind to those you encounter along the way. Be honest with people about how you feel. Act with honor and integrity. Be the person you would want others to be. I know of no other way to try and help evoke change, and this has been the mantra of great men throughout history. Many things change, but not this.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

I'm not sure that complaining here will make all that much difference. Talk about preaching to the choir.
    I have been wearing a black armband since the inauguration. When folks ask why, I reply that I'm in mourning for Democracy. Seems to elicit thoughtful nods, and some have indicated they will do the same.
    It could be the Guy equivalent of the Pink Pussy Hat.

I only know one or two people who voted for this crew. In Portland and southern Maine I am surrounded by liberals. That has not happened by mistake.
    Having endured the calamity of Viet Nam, Regan and the Bushes I had to take on some personal skills to psychically defend against all that crashes against my values and principles (and stay sober). Here's today's line up.

I am able to witness the suffering in others that is far greater than mine.
    "All politics is local".
    The serenity prayer.
    Fairly deep concentration on the eastern concept of impermanence.
    Return and return to the practice which brings me to this present moment.
    Tune into local and national political actions and join in when I can.
    Tune my verbal contempt to really simple refinement. Take a breath before I unleash it. Always include the word "pussy" a couple of times.
    Reduce all social media contact. Reduce news brousing.
    Engage endorphin chemistry.
    Relax before sleep.
    Be grateful I'm old and can engage these tools.
    Study Peace

Quote Originally Posted by phiil View Post
    I'm not sure that complaining here will make all that much difference. Talk about preaching to the choir.
    I have been wearing a black armband since the inauguration. When folks ask why, I reply that I'm in mourning for Democracy. Seems to elicit thoughtful nods, and some have indicated they will do the same.
    It could be the Guy equivalent of the Pink Pussy Hat.
    That's an effing good idea.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

La La La

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Meditation and Serenity Prayer. I don't want to see you have a stroke.
    Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    what about leaving the country?
    aren't you one of those who promised to do so?
    Nah.

I'm not leaving because 21% of my Fellow Americans are morons.

I really don't care if those idiots believe in the Easter Bunny OR Donald Trump.

There are not enough of them to hand the country over to their fascist, despotic Hero, Bannon.

We now have the White House disseminating even bolder lies, like 'The Bowling Green Massacre', an the Moron Base eats it up with a spoon.

The modus of the online scammers these days is to pitch the most obvious garbage, and see who bites.

That's where we come in.

Once we know who these idiots ARE, it will be a whole lot easier to get them on the boats.

Somalia is simply ACHING for a bunch of old, white morons, and we seem to have an overabundance.

This says it all.

"Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

In addition to giving to the ACLU and the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service I have a secret weapon to lessen the pain.

Install the "Make America Kittens Again" extension on your Chrome browser and every picture it detects of Drumpf will be replaced with a picture of cuddly kittens. Petty, yes, but it gives me joy.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Be kind to those you encounter along the way. Be honest with people about how you feel. Act with honor and integrity. Be the person you would want others to be. I know of no other way to try and help evoke change, and this has been the mantra of great men throughout history. Many things change, but not this.

Mickey Lake
    Thanks Mickey. For several months now I've been wearing a bracelet from "a complaint free world". The idea is every time you find yourself complaining you switch arms. It's helped me a lot although I'm being sorely tried at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Woodward View Post
    +1
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

I don't know what to do
    Start by getting over yourself. Second, instead of becoming consumed with hatred, ask yourself why it is that President Trump's opposition party has been driven from power by ordinary citizens throughout the land, on every level of government. Have an honest conversation with yourself about it.

Maybe start there.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

I completely agree Joe.

Mickey said what I wanted to. My goal is to do my little bit to reach people who are reachable. I think there are real alt-right racists. They're unreachable. I think there are people who are afraid, and find simple quick answers, ideally blaming someone else, appealing. They're reachable. There's people who hated Hillary Clinton and for God knows what reason thought she was worse than Trump. (I know LOTS of these people, all of the Republicans, and they have regrets.)

Trump has little support. He's losing more every day. Congress is doing nothing, but pretty soon they're going to have start voting on Trump ideas and will be increasingly nervous. He's going to face resistance.

Play the long game. Protest if you want (I have). But we gotta work at getting the middle to see that Trump is leading us towards really bad stuff. That won't be hard. More love, less hate, more wag, less bark.

We can do this. Have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Second, instead of becoming consumed with hatred, ask yourself why it is that President Trump's opposition party has been driven from power by ordinary citizens throughout the land, on every level of government.
    Simple. Fear, hate, and lies. . .

More disturbing to me at least than Trump as president, is that enough of my fellow Americans bought into the fear, hate, and lies to actually elect him.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Simple. Fear, hate, and lies. . .

More disturbing to me at least than Trump as president, is that enough of my fellow Americans bought into the fear, hate, and lies to actually elect him.
    People in your country are angry, Bro. You lot are now just discovering how it feels. Millions have been feeling it for years, such that they've driven off the Democrats to the point that Trump cannot be meaningfully opposed except by Republicans. Think about it.

The fear hate and lies bit doesn't explain towns, counties, statehouses, governorships. The people don't believe their interests and values are represented by Democrats. Instead of getting that message, and running a candidate for President that could take advantage of the awesome structural advantages Democrats enjoy in national elections, the Party runs a despised candidate whose campaign colludes with the DNC to thwart Sen. Sanders, who inspired people, young and old. The beginnings of a movement. And Democrats are so cynical, there's not a bit of outrage about this. Instead, Trump and the Republicans are to blame, and the hatred is directed at them, and fellow citizens.

Amazing.
    Last edited by Sky Blue; 02-03-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    People in your country are angry, Bro. You lot are now just discovering how it feels. Millions have been feeling it for years, such that they've driven off the Democrats to the point that Trump cannot be meaningfully opposed except by Republicans. Think about it.
    The Republicans have ingeniously for political ends been feeding the fear and hate (anger) through lies for many many years.

With Trump, ironically, they lost control of it.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Norman that image is heart wrenchingly true The flames of freedom, democracy, & tolerance has been extinguished. Along with intelligence, science, nature and facts. We are in the dark days.

Coose, I used to live in the land of liberals, although there were pockets of idiots in Westchester. Now I live in one of the bluest states in the country but the LOCAL SoCal Orange Republican curtain is surrounding me. Trump is strong with these people. The transgressions are mounting too fast I can't even rattle them off fast enough when confronted with a Trump moron. The worst is IT DOESN'T MATTER it is truly like he said in the campaign " I could shoot someone on 5th ave and not lose a single supporter " I say the serenity prayer daily, but then He speaks and I shudder over the sheer moronic incompetence.

Mickey- I've begun to do just that. Become the change you want, very zen and it does give me some solace. I also don't pretend anymore I don't just willingly accept people who support Trump I challenge them. It gets tiring and facts are useless with them. I've come to the point that if you support Trump we are so completely and utterly so different that we might not even be the same species, that I simply do not want to know or be associated with a trump supporter.

Oznabrag - thank you for quoting "Aww Shucks" Obviously only an ignorant Trump supporter would espouse "Alternative Facts" That I EVER said, indicated, alluded to, or even privately thought about leaving MY country. This factless based logic is run rampant now. The idiots are in control now, and this is a prime example. If I could only put the rest of the countries Trump supporters on ignore for four years like "Aww Shucks"

The worst and most depressing part of the reason I hate this president is the free pass it has given idiots, racist, xenophobes, science deniers, liars, idiots, uneducated, bullies the free pass to be proud and be loud.

I really really REALLY HATE This administration. It's killing my patriotic soul, and what I thought this country was all about. Its 6:00 am in the morning and I live in a beautiful place, I have a beautiful wife, a growing successful buisness, I'm in shape and healthy, personally my life has never been better, but I wake up and it occurs to me people OTHER than me elected this monster reality show huckster into the highest office and he is making HORRIBLE CHOICES HOURLY

This is a moron that in two tweets minutes apart can pick a fight with a Nuclear power and a host of a reality show.

3h3 hours agoDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    Iran is playing with fire - they don't appreciate how "kind" President Obama was to them. Not me!

3h3 hours agoDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a really bad job as Governor of California and even worse on the Apprentice...but at least he tried hard!

Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 02-03-2017 at 09:35 AM.

What about my advise? I don't want to see you pop a gasket!
    Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi