Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: How to free a steel to Aluminum corrosion bond

Default Re: How to free a steel to Aluminum corrosion bond

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    Thanks Leo. I think I went down the same road. My list of links probably looks a lot like yours Although I also have a ton of stuff on dry stack setups as well since that's what I have on Petrel. And if you haven't signed up for a membership on boatdiesel.com yet then I HIGHLY recommend that site. Membership is not free, but it's cheap and the site is a tremendous source of info. In fact, not sure why I didn't think of this before, but that would be a great place to look for advice on getting the blower off.
    Yes, all signed up on boat diesel for a few years now. That is a great site. Oddly though on this particular subject I got more and better ideas here on WB forum. On the noise front do some research into noise from the intake. When I did my testing I was surprised to hear a lot of noise coming from the intake. Not much information out there on quietening the intake though. I ended up building a folded horn with a null at the frequency of the most objectionable noise. It worked, and very little back pressure! It does look ugly though. Don't know if the smaller engines make the same intake noise, but it might be worth looking into. I think the source was back pumping from the blower but that was just a guess.

Cheers

Re: intake noise. Yes, definitely on my list. Tentative plan is to build a baffled duct for the intake but I'm going to deal with everything else first and see how bad it is.
    - Chris

https://fvpetrel.wordpress.com

Life is short. Go boating now!

Quote Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
    Re: intake noise. Yes, definitely on my list. Tentative plan is to build a baffled duct for the intake but I'm going to deal with everything else first and see how bad it is.
    Yes of course! You don't have a cabin sole, so the status of engine noise is way down you list I am sure.

She sure is cute. Reminds me of the little TUG that could. I like work boats for the same reasons I like old Dodge power wagons. Form following function is visually stimulating. Maybe because you see so little of that these days.