I got this vessel a little over three years ago. Her name is Harms Way and she is located on the Ca delta in Stockton. She is a 1961 CC coni 50' in solid shape. The boat maintains a dry bilge and was hauled when I bought it. The basics were done, it was painted and one board that was a future problem was replaced.
Since then I have chipped away at the topside slowly and saved for a major refit. I stripped the starboard side and refassened it down to the splash line but the marina changed owners as I started and the new owner hurried me and I will be finishing that and doing the port side this spring. So for now one side is partially done and painted with the other with nothing done as yet. I have hired out the rails and decks. They should be done by the end of January.
I have also started remodeling the interior. I have the main state room, guest room and bathroom done. I am waiting until I have the engines done before I do the front of the boats interior for obvious reasons. I already have the kitchen appliances just waiting on timing.
Since getting the boat I have plotted and schemed to repower it and restore it for delta and San Francisco bay use. But it needed new engines. The original 430 Lincolns still run but are done. I wanted to use a pair of 383 stroker small blocks but they simply won't produce the torque I need at the lower rpm band. So I found a pair of remaned crusader 8.1l fuel injected v8s. A new pair of zf63a transmissions at 2.5:1 reduction. Together they should be a good modern replacement.
To monitor these mew engines I will be running a simrad 16" touch display with a seagauge interface module to transmit the engine data to the simrad. No radar planned at this time. Just sonar.
I will add some pics in a bit. My phone and photobucket don't get along.