Thread: Garage sale find

Default Garage sale find

I just found a vintage Montgomery Ward Sea King electric trolling motor. Model 510. 30" shaft with built in cigarette lighter. Probably made by Minn Kota o fMinnesota, perhaps 1950's vintage.Good running condition and appearance.

Cannot find anything about it such as year and probable value.

Also bought 3 each 1 piece bamboo cane fishing poles, 1 16', 2 17'. Sure brings back memories from the 1950's as a child growing up along Lake Michigan and catching jumbo Yellow perch. Common for my brother and I to fill a 5 gallon pale in 3 hours.

Default Re: Garage sale find

Same 50's memories for me about the bamboo poles. My Dad would take my brother & me to Cedar Lake, Indiana for Crapies (sp?). He'd tie flies from my Mom's sewing thread, & we'd haul 'em in faster than Dad could get them off the hook & onto the stringer.

A few years ago I asked the question if anyone in northwest Wisconsin ever had any success learning about this graveyard of old, and possibly wood boats that is just outside Grantsburg, Wi. Anyone been there ? I was there a few years ago but no one was home. It is about 10 acres of deep woods and alot of boats.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...5300-Old-boats

Yes I have been to Tim's near Grantsburg. Sadly, Tim died in February 2017. He was a nice guy and great Mercury outboard mechanic. I don't think I ever saw a wooden boat at his place but many acres of aluminum and fiberglass watercraft.

Andreas