Thread: Boats For Sale Ad Effectiveness?

Default Boats For Sale Ad Effectiveness?

I am wondering how effective the Boats For Sale ads, in the back of the magazine, are? Kinda pricey when picture is added. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Default Re: Boats For Sale Ad Effectiveness?

I tried my Caledonia Yawl there. You're right--quite expensive with a picture. Received no responses, though the Caledonia is a bit of a specialty boat.

Best regards,

Irv

My sense is those ads get a lot of views; I know I look at them all the time (particularly the online ads). When I listed a boat-for-free online ad with WB, I got a lot of responses, so people are paying attention. Seems like with a product as specialized as a wooden boat, it makes sense to advertise in a place that will naturally attract folks inclined in that direction. Also, depending on how much you're asking, it might be worth giving an ad a try before going with a broker (and the standard 10% commission). Food for thought. Good luck.

Iv'e had good luck this year with the on line adds. Though I still love turning the pages of a magazine. I sold a 15 foot gaff rig sailboat and Iv'e got a Barnegat Bay sneakbox up their now. I'm getting lots of calls. Remember if you don't stop the add after a certain amount of time it auto renews.

The cost of advertising sometimes becomes more apparent when you don't do it.
    Just sayin.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

I ran an online ad with Woodenboat. Got a lot of scammers. Nigerian cashiers check stuff.
    No real offers.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

My memory sucks, but I think I bought my Cape Dory Handycat off the printed add years ago. Handycat is fiberglass, but a specialty boat with lots of wood, including mast and spars. It was for sale in my state of Ohio up around Lake Erie which is why I dragged it home. I am pretty sure it was in the mag.

Ely / Boundary waters canoe area wilderness

I bought a boat that was posted online here , for whatever thats worth
    editor sought , untill found i apologize for the grammer and spelling