Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Storer Sailing Canoe

Default Re: Storer Sailing Canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Boatmik View Post
    We took 8 Oz Geese up to Subic Bay for a regatta two weeks ago. And saw the streakers!

Half the geese were sailed by us. The other half by the PSA (Philippines Sailing Association) who are part of the national coaching squad.

The coaching squad put the men in the Oz Geese singlehanded and the bigger teens and women in the Streakers.

You can see one of the Streakers ahead of the geese in this image. They started 5 minutes ahead in some races and their racecourses intersected with ours.

Best wishes
    MIK
    Thanks MIK good to here the Streakers are still going in Subic bay. One week to the U.K. Nationals, lots of polishing to see how my 21 year old all wood Streaker will fair against the new plastic fantastics.

The Oz geese look like they’re having a blast.

For delight and edification we can thank Csaba Mezei and the other builders in Hungary for this lovely video of two Viola Canoes.

One sail is from a local type of sailing dinghy. The other one is an experimental home made sail. Sails are very expensive compared to income in Hungary.

Camera boat is an Oz Goose, which also is not a slouch in light winds.

Best wishes

And two photos ripped from the video.

Very nice, that video. I like it when people make their own sails, next one probably much better. Perhaps I can sail this summer with my Zest Dinghy together with Joost Engelens Viola. Regards, Frank