Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172627

Thread: Wee Barkie a pocket cruiser meauring just over 25' will it get me there

Default Re: Wee Barkie a pocket cruiser meauring just over 25' will it get me there

[QUOTE=auscruisertom;6075652]Setting sail has always represented more than just the destination, a big part has always been meeting new people combined with exiting experiences such destinations can provide.
    Anchoring near SeaWorld at bums bay highlighted that once more meeting up with Mike Smith on Edythe an immaculately kept H28 build in Auckland that Mike has been sailing for 40 years. /Quote/

Here is Mike’s 1967 Kauri built H28 rigged completely with Dyneema riggin including the fore stays and tufnol dead eyes.

. “Edythe” also features a very nicely DIY engineered trim tab Windvane working of the vessels main rudder that Mike built.

2D9D5F03-D140-47F4-B156-8467B4FDA2F1.jpg
    Last edited by auscruisertom; 02-07-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Default Re: Wee Barkie a pocket cruiser meauring just over 25' will it get me there

Had a great sail to Southport in light conditions while testing out Wee Barkie’s new gaff rig.

Since our new extended Queensland border closure is coming into effect at midnight I seized the opportunity to be able to use WB rather than sitting on a mooring that I may not be able to get to.

Trying to get a short video up unable to download the video to U tube any suggestions would be welcome.

4BF39BA1-F7BE-4E02-B2F3-D6AE178E9916.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by auscruisertom View Post
    Trying to get a short video up unable to download the video to U tube any suggestions would be welcome.

4BF39BA1-F7BE-4E02-B2F3-D6AE178E9916.jpg
    You mean upload to YouTube?
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Small boats rock View Post
    The chocolate ones are good.
    I like the ones where you can by a beer and spend an hour or two having a yarn to your mates.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    If trump loses the election he will be like a balloon that after it's inflated is let go without tying the knot and it farts about the room bouncing off walls, ceiling and windows, in a fatally erratic implosion! Those near him will be blown away!