Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91819

Thread: Wee Barkie a pocket cruiser meauring just over 25' will it get me there

Default Re: Wee Barkie a pocket cruiser meauring just over 25' will it get me there

Marrison Hydraulics in Murwillumbah sell empty 200 litre oil drums for $10 each Tom.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Default Re: Wee Barkie a pocket cruiser meauring just over 25' will it get me there

Thanks Peter will look at those when the time comes.

Finnally found some time to tidy up the stern of WB where I recently removed the Fleming windvane .
    Removing a wooden support for the stainless Vane tubes and adjacent plywood mounting pads I found a number of holes drilled through the deck for various wires and antennas by previous owners which has had some water seeping into the aft locker.

Fortunatley there was only minimal deck damage due to the high quality 40 year old plywood on WB.
    Installed a quick 250x80mm scarf and fiberglass patch fitted just hours before the rain started. While down there I also managed to tidy up several wires drilling a 12 mm hole in the hatch frame just above deck level and sealing it with a Sitka plug.

[IMG][/IMG]

Wee Barkie's lannual haul out , two coats of antifoul despite the late afternoon haul out and the threatening rain clouds.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tools down.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Beautiful hull. Sunset too.

She's a sweet wee thing, very Harrison Butler inspired I'd say.
    Grateful Dead

Thanks Thad ,Peter ,happy to report WB is back in her elements . I managed to sand and paint the top sides today and it was only with the help of a friend that we managed to finish this 25 hour haul out.

[IMG][/IMG]

Good job!

While re fitting my newly manufactured key way connecting the shaft to the flange that connects to the transmission and then lock tightening the hell out of the bronze nut holding it all together I realised the specialty tool required has always been aboard.
    Duhh the stainless two pronged handled multipurpose tool has only ever been used for opening my fuel and water tanks.

Interesting to note that after four years of WB stewardship I am hopefully aproaching the turning point of the problems associated with the transmission ,engine , fuel system ,alignment and shaft key way, all which where solved without the help of trades or experts .
    These various individuals working on WB where the cause of most of these dilemmas either lacking knowledge but mostly exhibiting careless and indifferent attitudes.

Here's hoping you're over that hump Tom!
    Grateful Dead