Thread: looking for a past magazine issue

Default looking for a past magazine issue

just learned that my boat, which is now in terrible condition, but had 200 thousand dollars worth of top of the line work done on it from around 2000-2009 was featured in woodenboat magazine at the height of it's restoration. It would have probably been around 2005-2008, the boat is a 27' herreshof designed, but modified mahogany strip planked sloop. I purchased it from a former forum member a few months ago, and tracked down previous owners, and this is what they told me. Apparently the 4 page spread article was called "Madness in Miami". I'm not even sure what year this would have been, and I do not own any wooden boat subscription so maybe someone can help me track it down and discover the truth of this?

Default Re: looking for a past magazine issue

There is a back issue index available online. Here is the link :http://www.woodenboat.com/search-bac...nboat-magazine

Try using the search cues that you have - particularly if you've got the boat's name from that time period. I didn't see a "Madness in Miami" article during a quick perusal.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    There is a back issue index available online. Here is the link :http://www.woodenboat.com/search-bac...nboat-magazine

Try using the search cues that you have - particularly if you've got the boat's name from that time period. I didn't see a "Madness in Miami" article during a quick perusal.
    i didn't see it either... but i can't really seem to find anything, even things which should surely have results.

I index the magazine and can try to assist.

More clues would be helpful: boat name (present/former), names of builder and/or restorer, design name, any other distinguishing features (former owners' names, etc.).

Thanks to Canoez for pointing you toward the index, which is available to all -- magazine subscribers and non-subscribers alike.

Please feel free to email me should you have no luck. It is quite possible that she was featured in another publication, not in WoodenBoat, but I can often find those articles, too.

pat.lown@woodenboat.com