Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 ft freighter canoe ( Tim's design)

Default Re: 20 ft freighter canoe ( Tim's design)

Quote Originally Posted by DGentry View Post
    15'9"x40"/4.8m x 1.01m Currently at 55lbs/25kg Low HP outboard or an electric trolling motor or Torqueedo.

Dave
    The boat looks very cool, Dave. I look forward to seeing it on the water. You should post it in the old codgers thread, since an arthritic one-armed 80yr old man could probably get that on and off the roof rack by himself. I don't know of any other motorboats that fit that design brief.

Sorry folks, I’ve still been busy working on my house and I see now that the email address I posted had a typo tmarchetti26@gmail.com
    Tim Marchetti
    CNC Routing & Design
    www.cncroutinganddesign.com

I just finish a 20 ft freighter from Sandypoint Boat Works this winter. She was stripped and covered in & out with F glass and epoxy.
    I milled all the strips to 1/4, but I fear this measuring is not enough to more than 15 Hp. I have corrected some details, like to using a more wide inner keel, this way the strips that arrive diagonal joint, find a wide bassis. I will try to post some photos, I don't know how!
    Enrique

Quote Originally Posted by DGentry View Post
    Attachment 4095
    15'9"x40"/4.8m x 1.01m Currently at 55lbs/25kg Low HP outboard or an electric trolling motor or Torqueedo.

Been busy with landscaping/car care/remodeling but hope to get her skinned this weekend.
    But, while traditional SOF is a cinch to make bigger, it would require a re-design (because of the frames) to make this one more than a foot longer. As is, she's just under the length limit for extra beaurocracy, at least in some places.

Dave
    Just as i finish making the templates for the Chautaqua and finally get my rudder fittings.....NOW you post this? So will it sail if i stick a rig on it? Why dont you tell me what is on the drawing board after this one, i might want that too!

Enrique,
    I haven’t built a strip boat 20’ long. I bet you will be able to stiffen your hull one way or another. But for anyone going down that path, according to the Hazen Stipbuilt boatbuilding book and plans. The 20’ freighter canoes should use 5/16” thick strips.
    "Yeah, well, that's just, like your opinion man"
    -The Dude-

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    Just as i finish making the templates for the Chautaqua and finally get my rudder fittings.....NOW you post this? So will it sail if i stick a rig on it? Why dont you tell me what is on the drawing board after this one, i might want that too!
    Well, I knew for sure someone would want to sail her, so I'll be drawing up a little sail rig - though I won't be putting one on the prototype. As soon as I get her going on the water I'll start on the building guide. She's turned out pretty nice, or at least I think so.

Next up is an expedition sized sea kayak, which I have already started on, then a Dutch Zalmschouw . . . .

Dave

Sorry for the thread drift!

That is a nice looking boat, Dave.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

There are some good pictures of one of Tim's freighters here:
    https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/2...r-canoe.33663/
    Management is the art of counting beans. Leadership is the art of making every being count. --Joe Finch