Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Bobby's most excellent adventure.

Default Re: Bobby's most excellent adventure.

Well ok. Been having too much fun. We left Grenada for carriacou, visited the boat builders in Watering bay, then to PSV and petit Martinique where we got too close to a midnight smuggling operation, on to Union Island and glorious Chatam bay, Mayrou and TobAgo Cays, Saltwhistle Bay is a must in low season. Canoan, you can just skip. This was followed by the must visit island of Mystique, supermarkets were surprisingly inexpensive. The weather closed in so we shot over to Bequia where I had some very very cheep canvas work done and my spinnaker repaired. We skipped St. Vincent due to recent security issues and sailed direct to Saint Lucia. After a couple of days on to Martinique and the charming Sainte Anne, great shopping and Gallic civilisation, the wind clocked to the west and blew 50 causing much sport as 2 meter seas rolled through a very shallow anchorage, we got stuck there for a while due to weather and a good supply of good wine and great cheese. Onwards to Dominica and a memorable trip up the Indian River, Guadalupe for more cheese, coffee, croissants etc, followed by an exciting sail hitting 12 kts to Falmouth harbour in time to see if I can drum up a bit of income at the boat show. In time a bit more detail, but I find it hard to waste time on the internet, sorry.

Thanks, say hi to Kong.

I was just wondering too. Must be on the same wavelength/ threshold as Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by varadero View Post
    This month I have resigned, sold the house, sold everything I own, or ditched it, closed 23 years of affairs, and today bought the boat. She is in the BVIs. I finish my notice on Friday, and fly to Tortola via Amsterdam and St Maarten on Saturday. My family and I will be on board Monday mid day. This has been an amazingly stressful period. The plan is......... no plan. AAAAHHHHHH!!!
    Congratulations. I hope you come up with a plan. Enjoy the Soggy Dollar Bar.

Yep, its that time , should be an update around about now.....