Thread: Is Dutch in Jail?

Default Is Dutch in Jail?

Almost 50 years ago, Robert Stackowitz slipped away from a prison work camp in Georgia, US, according to the state's Department of Corrections.
    He escaped on August 22, 1968, while serving a 17-year sentence for robbery by force, a crime for which he was convicted in April 1966.
    Decades later, though, authorities finally tracked him to a home in Sherman, Connecticut, US.
    And now, nearly 48 years after that escape, Robert Stackowitz is back behind bars.

The Associated Press also credited a Social Security application, reporting that the paperwork "played a role in his capture." The wire service reported that Stackowitz "lived alone and ran a boat repair business out of his home."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/america...ars-on-the-run

Inquiring minds wish to know.
    We don't know how lucky we are....

Default Re: Is Dutch in Jail?

Anyone recognize this fellow?

The best statement I've seen from this latest carnage came from a student who lived through it -

"My generation will not allow this to continue!"

Remember voting age is 18. Read it and weep reds.

Stackowitz was known as Bob Gordon in the small Connecticut town of Sherman, which is located near the New York border and is home to about 3,600 residents.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/robert...hotos-mugshot/
    We don't know how lucky we are....

Sounds like for almost a half century he's led a law-abiding life, contributing to the economy and paying his taxes. Too bad he caught himself.

The guy should get time off for good behaviour.

The guy should get time off for good behaviour.
    For the robbery, sure.

But there is the new crime of conspiracy to commit fugitive from justice. He has not been before a judge for that one yet.Cant just let him go. Also, he likely committed numerous frauds ( my term) setting up business, conducting transactions, etc under a false name and falsify records. He'll now have to answer for these charges.

No, jail did not rehabilitate this criminal. He got out and continued a life of crime. This does not mean I think he deserves a harsh sentence. But his crimes must be answered for.

Kevin

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.