Thread: My daily Trump thread

Default My daily Trump thread

There's so much worthy of posting, but I'm TRYING to save the best ones

This one is interesting: the threat that Trump poses to the down-ballot:

First Read: “Throughout the campaign, instances of Trump changing or amending a statement – or at least enduring withering criticism from within his own party for something he said — have become routine. On nearly a weekly basis now, downballot Republicans are facing maddening political choices as they’re asked to comment on Trump’s constantly-changing policy positions and shocking pronouncements. And the constant whiplash makes for a compelling case for those inside the party who say it’s worth risking the backlash with Trump voters by doing whatever it takes to stop him.”

“By the fall, can Republicans running downballot really afford to respond almost daily to something Trump said? It’s been tough enough this spring, and it’s only going to get more complicated.”

James Hohmann: “Increasingly, Trump is endangering Republicans down ballot. Even if he’s not the nominee, he’s damaging the GOP brand. Don’t think him retracting the statement about punishing women who get abortions will prevent Democrats from running negative ads featuring the clip. Or, for that matter, pressing any Republican incumbent who appears with him on whether they agree.”
    Trump may just be the best thing possible, for Democratic senatorial and house prospects!
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Default Re: My daily Trump thread

I might hafta spring a coupla bux for that dude.
    Rattling the teacups.

Dude! this be your third Trump thread of the day!!! And its hardly lunch time. . .
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Dude! this be your third Trump thread of the day!!! And its hardly lunch time. . .
    Now wait just a gol darn minute.... this is my ONLY Trump thread today.

You must be thinking about other days, when I've started 3,4, or 5 of them!

(aside from posting that cartoon... but that really doesn't count. Humor is exempted!)
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

I'm impressed Norman, holding down the number of threads about Trump to one a day. There must be at least five separate "booboo's" he's voiced in one day, yesterday and the media is hitting ALL of them today..

The spins from the pro Trump are unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    I might hafta spring a coupla bux for that dude.
    It is one of my fondest hopes that Trump hastens, or even makes unavoidable, the re-rationalization of the Republican party - and a correction away from the nihilistic scramble toward the ever more dysfunctional excesses of laissez-faire ideology.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    I'm impressed Norman, holding down the number of threads about Trump to one a day. There must be at least five separate "booboo's" he's voiced in one day, yesterday and the media is hitting ALL of them today..
    Hell, HuffPo fact-checked Trump's 'performance' from last night's town hall... and he uttered 71 false statements... in ONE HOUR!

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Hell, HuffPo fact-checked Trump's 'performance' from last night's town hall... and he uttered 71 false statements... in ONE HOUR!
    As I said, you're keeping to only ONE thread/day! Impressive!

Huff Po Fact check Haaa Haaaa Haaaa
    Trumps "False Statements" include... "The sky is blue", 2+2=4, ISIS is bad. etc... oh and don't forget "Huff Po will stop giving coverage to my candidacy"!

The only thing that Fact check does it puts all Trumps misspoke, idiotic comments etc. in a nice little/huge bundle and I don't have to keep track of them myself

James Hohmann: “Increasingly, Trump is endangering Republicans down ballot. Even if he’s not the nominee, he’s damaging the GOP brand. Don’t think him retracting the statement about punishing women who get abortions will prevent Democrats from running negative ads featuring the clip. Or, for that matter, pressing any Republican incumbent who appears with him on whether they agree.”
    riiiight..

& you people _do_ realize the emotionally driven do _not_ give a holy hoot about facts, eh? Trump is Their Man!

enjoy!
    bobby

It's a long way to November, so there's no such thing as a lock on this election.... but I gotta admit, the signs are encouraging: Hillary or Bernie sweeps Trump, and the Republicans lose the Senate, and possibly even the House.....

...gotta admit, it's a pleasant fantasy

President Trump: "Did I say push the button? I did not say push the button. I didn't push the button. Someone else pushed the button, it wasn't me."
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Trump is like an earthquake, or a major storm, or a debilitating disease. The worst will be over soon and then there is the cleanup.

... ever more dysfunctional excesses of laissez-faire ideology.
    I know you have an economics background, but waiting for some mythic magic pendulum to save us from the ideologues sounds like appeasement or whistling past the graveyard. If they just weren't so insane we could get along. A better simile is dealing with conservatives is like swimming with an anchor. It's a good life if you don't weaken.

Well, I sure hope that he would have a deleterious effect down-ticket if he is the nominee.

I mean, see my signature.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    Trump is like an earthquake, or a major storm, or a debilitating disease. The worst will be over soon and then there is the cleanup.

I know you have an economics background, but waiting for some mythic magic pendulum to save us from the ideologues sounds like appeasement or whistling past the graveyard. If they just weren't so insane we could get along. A better simile is dealing with conservatives is like swimming with an anchor. It's a good life if you don't weaken.
    Well, I think they do have to change, and Trump is bringing attention to the fact that the Republican Party is all about bait and switch -- blue collar workers elect them, then they execute an economic agenda that transfers money from blue collar folks to the 1%. The reason their rhetoric is nutty is that it's not the real agenda -- it's just intended to get them elected. Unfortunately, they are starting to elect people who believe the prolefeed.

This sums up how sad twenty posts a day about Trump really are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/ma...tics.html?_r=0

And, "you" are to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    This sums up how sad twenty posts a day about Trump really are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/ma...tics.html?_r=0

And, "you" are to blame.

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!

TOTAL LOGICAL DISCONNECT!

…………and he doesn't care. To quote Alfred Hitchcock, "Any publicity is good publicity". The man's a self marketing genius because he doesn't care. The biggest danger for him is when he starts to believe his own propaganda and get's serious about a run for the Presidency. Then he'll get cautious and have to justify his positions. In his present mode he'll just bluster his way to the convention and take that on the fly as well. If he actually becomes the candidate then it's suddenly serious, and Donald doesn't do serious well.

The success of Donald Trump's candidacy is a measure of the sickness of the 21st century Republican Party.
    "No matter which faction of the party with which you identify, whether left, center left, centrist, blind partisan, social justice warrior, Dem leaning Indie, or Never-Trumper, job one is defeating these Republicans badly enough that they will BACK THE F OFF.

If that doesn't happen, there will be no climate change fix, no inequality fix, no better health care, jobs, .... no future. It is vital to stop them now and do it decisively." -- sonofswen

Norman— would you be satisfied just refreshing this Trump thread daily, rather than starting a new thread with a new outrage, every morning?

I'm not all that interested, except in his effect on the Republican party, which is fun viewing. Like a riot in a lunatic asylum during a mud-wrestling match.

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    Well, I think they do have to change, and Trump is bringing attention to the fact that the Republican Party is all about bait and switch -- blue collar workers elect them, then they execute an economic agenda that transfers money from blue collar folks to the 1%. The reason their rhetoric is nutty is that it's not the real agenda -- it's just intended to get them elected. Unfortunately, they are starting to elect people who believe the prolefeed.
    Lee Atwater said as much.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Trump is such a target rich environment that it's not even fun shooting anymore.
    PaulF

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    Norman— would you be satisfied just refreshing this Trump thread daily, rather than starting a new thread with a new outrage, every morning?

I'm not all that interested, except in his effect on the Republican party, which is fun viewing. Like a riot in a lunatic asylum during a mud-wrestling match.
    a riot in a lunatic asylum during a mud-wrestling match.

you lefty's are crazy!
    here's what Trump thinks of Huff Po!
    Last edited by Daniel Noyes; 04-01-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Trump has only mentioned that he passed a physical, nothing about being given a green light by a shrink!