Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenagers Messing With Trump's Online Merchandise Store

Default Teenagers Messing With Trump's Online Merchandise Store

The trick is to fill an online shopping cart with lots of merchandise then don't bother to check out..

Shopping cart abandonment apparently skews data for e-commerce stores, such as reporting to new shoppers that product lines are sold out when in fact, they’re idling in people’s carts for a period before they’re automatically released as ‘available stock’ again.
    It costs retailers, big time.

In 2016, Business Insider estimated that the retailers would lose up to $4.6 trillion thanks to abandoned carts.

And the trick seems to be working; Trump store browsers are reporting lines appear to be sold out, and in an effort to crackdown on the prank customers are limited to three items per person.

https://www.indy100.com/article/trum...-merch-9592001
    The problem these days is that everybody knows their rights..
    Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing, but it makes our job harder.

Police Chief Commissioner Cameron Miekelson - Scot Squad

Default Re: Teenagers Messing With Trump's Online Merchandise Store

Dam clever these generation what ever they are..

Generation Disrupter, and good on them. A spot of disruption is long overdue. So those advocating pull it all down, are being pulled down.

One might almost say anarchists?……………...
    Last edited by skuthorp; 06-30-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Generation Disrupter, and good on them. A spot of disruption is long overdue.

One might almost say anarchists?……………...
    Trump will call them Antifa

In this case that's exactly what they are!
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Nope elf, playing by the same rules, but differently. Antifa is an idea, a principle,not an organisation.

Right, and they're playing by the idea, the same way others who he labels antifa are.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

​.
    I just ordered two red hats (MAGA & Keep America Great) and a Trump/Pence 2020 flag for the yard.

A grand total of about $85.00 including tax.

I gave the name and address as: D. John Drumph, 725 5th Avenue., Apartment #1, New York, NY 10022.

I gave the email as: djdrumph1@yahoo.com.

Then I abandoned the shopping cart. It felt good.
    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

^ I'm thinking of shopping as Kayleigh McEnany, or maybe John Bolton

Do it! It is satisfying.
    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

I can't condone that behavior. Suppose it was brick and mortar store and these people were going in, taking the chips and from one aisle and placing them in the pet food aisle? That hurts the merchant and it inconveniences consumers looking for chips.

It's not grand theft auto, but, leave politics out of it and ask how you'd feel if your kid, nephew, neighbor kid was doing that?

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    I can't condone that behavior. Suppose it was brick and mortar store and these people were going in, taking the chips and from one aisle and placing them in the pet food aisle? That hurts the merchant and it inconveniences consumers looking for chips.

It's not grand theft auto, but, leave politics out of it and ask how you'd feel if your kid, nephew, neighbor kid was doing that?

Kevin
    Not interested in leaving politics out of it, because the politics here is precisely the point. They're not doing this to the WalMart website or Amazon, though arguably there are political issues there too to pursue.

This is non-violent protest in a cyber age, which doesn't include hacking or malware or etc.. They've found a novel way of expressing free speech, a new way of doing a boycott or strike.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Kevin
    It's a store that sells ONLY fascist branding.

If it were a brick-and-mortar store, I'd be OK with the kids burning it to the ground.

Yep.

My father's home county gave 97% of its young men to defeat the fascists last go 'round.

Scroom.
    Rattling the teacups.

It ain't a brick and mortar store. AND IT IS ALL ABOUT POLITICS.

The website REQUIRES the customer to list his occupation to purchase any item. Why? The website explains in fine print that Federal Law REQUIRES that information FOR ANY AND ALL CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS. The items are not being sold at cost. All profits go to the Trump/Pence 2020 campaign war chest.

Kevin
    This isn't that store, Kevin - it is a political fundraising site. Not the same thing.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Well, let us hope the notion gets generalized and spreads—becoming viral—and the resistance begins booking certain expensive hotels and golf resorts, along with the shopping carts.

How appropriate it is, to harry this egregiously greedy self-serving RWG wannabe autocrat pig, bent on destroying the country, by beating him to a fare-thee-well with an economic bludgeon.

'MAKE HIM PAY! MAKE HIM PAY! MAKE HIM PAY!
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Kevin

Seriously, Kevin? You can’t condone this?

Dude, that’s Busch League.

It’s a store that hung a White Power banner in their window for three hours. Ask me what I think of the person who willfully patronizes that store.

If my nephew messed with the place, I’d probably view my in-laws in a more positive light.
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"

It’s great that Kelly Ann Conway’s daughter has an anti-trump* pro BLM TikTok account.
    Last edited by StevenBauer; 06-30-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    It’s great that Kelly Ann Conway’s daughter has an anti-trump* pro BLM TikTok account.
    Yup. I see that there are some in social media decrying folks' attention being paid to her - suggesting that kids under 18 should be off limits.

One wonders, though, if a person's own agency in making their name and opinions public overtakes such matters. I can see how if one is a Trumpist partisan it's useful to try and support this norm ... when Conway's daughter is a rather embarrassingly vocal critic from the Left. But if she's "outed" herself by posting some 80+ TikTok snippets which rip POTUS' world apart a bit.

Seems to have a very firm set of opinions, and of her own capacity to form and own them.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    It's a store that sells ONLY fascist branding.
    Well, this, obviously.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Quote Originally Posted by Beowolf View Post
    Seriously, Kevin? You can’t condone this?

Dude, that’s Busch League.

It’s a store that hung a White Power banner in their window for three hours. Ask me what I think of the person who willfully patronizes that store.

If my nephew messed with the place, I’d probably view my in-laws in a more positive light.

Well, we disagree. The white power merchant is despicable but messing with his business isn't right. What he sells and what he thinks is irrelevant. Dont like it? Start a boycott, sign a petition, or march.

Do we want individuals deciding they can mess with private property when they disagree with the other party's politics or beliefs? Where would that end? Isnt that what hate groups do? Justify bad actions because the victims are only_____?( insert name of group of hated persons)

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Well, we disagree. The white power merchant is despicable but messing with his business isn't right. What he sells and what he thinks is irrelevant. Dont like it? Start a boycott, sign a petition, or march.

Do we want individuals deciding they can mess with private property when they disagree with the other party's politics or beliefs? Where would that end? Isnt that what hate groups do? Justify bad actions because the victims are only_____?( insert name of group of hated persons)

Kevin

This _is_ a protest - a socially distanced one.

Again, this isn't a "business" it is a campaign fundraiser.

Nothing was "stolen" or "damaged", so it is hard for me to see this as anything other than what it is.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Kevin

It's not a business, it's a political fundraiser.

And they're Nazis.

Scroom.

I'm sure the Orange Oracle would tell us that 'there's good people on both sides', but he'd be lying.

If those people were to try that spit in Germany, they'd be arrested, tried and sentenced before you could say 'Jack Robinson'.

Why? Because the Germans are not MORONS, and they have learned their lesson.

As Tevye said when his daughter wanted to marry a Nazi: "But there is no other hand!"
    Rattling the teacups.

Kevin

That's what anti-abortionists do, that's what racists do, that's what Nazis do.

I'm up to here with this feckless 'turn the other cheek' bullspit.

Scroom.

SCROOMALL.
    Rattling the teacups.

I'm up to here with this feckless 'turn the other cheek' bullspit.
    One needs to be wary of the paradox of becoming like that which one hates.

Kevin

One needs to be wary of the paradox of becoming like that which one hates.

Kevin
    Indeed.

But this is not that.

This is guerrilla action undertaken with intent and self-awareness.

Have you ever heard of the Yippies? How about The Monkeywrench Gang? Perhaps the French Resistance?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Look at it more as disrupting the sale of Nazi paraphernalia. There's a moral argument to be made that it's OK to hurt the merchant and inconvenience the consumer in that case.

leave politics out of it and ask how you'd feel if your kid, nephew, neighbor kid was doing that?
    Proud as hell.

What are you doing about it?

Kevin

(My first bolding) Why isn't it right to mess with his business?

(Second bolding) Lets insert Nazis or Fascists in the blank space.

Why does that ideology even get a chance to raise its head? Over 400,000 Americans died fighting Nazis & Fascists in WW2 and now we are somehow expected to believe that adherents to such a vile ideology somehow get a place in the public square. If that's true then why did we bother going over to Europe in WW2 if they are going to get a pass in 2020? Serious questions.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

of course one of the issues everyone is missing. They are talking about this online store as if it were The Donald's own. If that were the case, it is illegal for him to have such a store as it would be a clear conflict of interest and breaking with the emoluments clause
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Look at it more as disrupting the sale of Nazi paraphernalia. There's a moral argument to be made that it's OK to hurt the merchant and inconvenience the consumer in that case.

Proud as hell.

No, there is not. There are legal and socially acceptable forms of protest. This is not that.

I mean, " moral argument?" Whose morals? Yours? Mine? Who's? What's the difference between that and using the bible to condone improper actions? Nun. ( pun intended)

Kevin

[QUOTE=Art Haberland;6220376]of course one of the issues everyone is missing. They are talking about this online store as if it were The Donald's own. If that were the case, it is illegal for him to have such a store as it would be a clear conflict of interest and breaking with the emoluments clause[/QUOTE]

You're so cute Art

The emoluments clause was broken before he ever took office (quite a few millions went missing in the inaugural planning process) and has continued to be broken on a near daily basis with the hotels and golf resorts.

But such is life in a dictatorship where the dictator is not answerable to Congress or anyone else. Where the DOJ acts as the dictator's private enforcement wing. Emoluments clause breaking is actually small potatoes in the bigger picture.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

You guys can bleat on, but your attempting to defend the very thing you proclaim to despise: we can do what we want to THE OTHER because we have the moral high ground.

Well, I would ask who's morals? And, how is that different than using the Bible or Quran to justify action?

Kevin

You guys can bleat on, but your attempting to defend the very thing you proclaim to despise: we can do what we want to THE OTHER because we have the moral high ground.

Well, I would ask who's morals? And, how is that different than using the Bible or Quran to justify action?

Kevin

We're talking Nazis here, Kevin.

Why are you attempting to elevate these creatures to the ability to have a moral compass?

Not only are they psychopaths, they are dangerous psychopaths.

They do not deserve a voice.

And yes, "if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

I get it, but there is no other hand.
    Rattling the teacups.

No, there is not.
    And yet...

There are legal and socially acceptable forms of protest.
    ...you clearly realize that acceptability is socially defined, at least in part. (We'll leave legality aside, since nobody is doing anything illegal in this case.)

Now you just need to make a small but crucial mental leap: your social is not the same as everyone else's social.

This is not that.
    According to your social understanding, probably not. But it's abundantly clear that according to a lot of other people's social understanding, it's completely acceptable, even laudable. This doesn't make you wrong, by your lights; it just means that your moral reasoning in this case differs from that of others.

" moral argument?" Whose morals? Yours? Mine? Who's? What's the difference between that and using the bible to condone improper actions? Nun. ( pun intended)
    Nun, indeed. Everybody's morals differ. That's why we have laws, which delineate acceptable standards of behaviour: because people's moral standards differ.

What are you doing about it?

Kevin
    So... 'bleat on' is it?

What I'm reading from this is, 'I have my opinion and I ain't interested in other information or perspective'.

Because, if you were interesting in convincing others, or in being open-minded about hearing other information, you'd have furthered the conversation by responding to the queries in #28 and #26.

Instead you got snarky and defensive... and doubled down without engaging.

We have all heard your perspective. And it's a good starting point - with some truth to it. But only some. And only a starting point. There is more to the story. The fact is - the oppressed, and those in 'the resistance', CAN'T play by the rules. The rules are in place to maintain the status quo. Remember that quote, 'Well-behaved women rarely make history'? It's apt here. There's a lot of history to illustrate this point. A LOT!!! But you not only seem unaware of it, or perhaps of its relevance here, you also seem adamantly disinterested in learning any more about it. I don't fault your ignorance in the slightest. But I decry your stubborn insistence upon it.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)