Thread: Devin Nunes a fact witness?

Default Devin Nunes a fact witness?

Or dare we say, complicit? The House can expel him.

A small consolation:

The Speech or Debate Clause is a clause in the United States Constitution (Article I, Section 6, Clause 1). The clause states that members of both Houses of Congress:

...shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their attendance at the Session of their Respective Houses, and in going to and from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.
    The intended purpose is to prevent a President or other officials of the executive branch from having members arrested on a pretext to prevent them from voting a certain way or otherwise taking actions with which the President might disagree.

A similar clause in many state constitutions protects members of state legislatures in the United States. Legislators in non-U.S. jurisdictions may be protected by a similar doctrine of parliamentary immunity.

-- wikipedia
    Even so, it might be best if Lindsay Graham were to smuggle him in a toothbrush.

Armed with never-before-seen phone records, Democrats on Tuesday accused President Donald Trump's allies of coordinating with a conservative journalist to peddle "false narratives" about Trump's opponents as part of his multi-pronged pressure campaign on Ukraine.

The House Intelligence Committee's impeachment report -- which was made public Tuesday -- says the committee's top Repubican, Rep. Devin Nunes of California, was linked to that effort.

Many of these calls occurred in April, according to the Democratic report, the same time Solomon pumped out columns in The Hill. The stories were filled with discredited conspiracy theories about then-US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch and former Vice President Joe Biden, whose son was on the board of a prominent Ukrainian energy company.
    The Democratic report identifies at least four phone calls or attempted calls between Parnas and Nunes, including one call on April 12 that lasted longer than eight minutes. Within an hour of that call, Parnas also spoke with Giuliani, who later connected with Trump's attorney Jay Sekulow and a "White House phone number," according to the phone records.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/polit...s-devin-nunes/
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Default Re: Devin Nunes a fact witness?

I'd love to see that bastid drawn and quartered. Democratically, of course.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I am surprised they have not expelled him yet
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Things get interestinger and interestinger.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

The question is who’s funding devins lawsuits.

Russia
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Be hard for Nunes to duck a subpoena, what with him being a sworn member of the Congress and a member of the Committee in question.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Be hard for Nunes to duck a subpoena, what with him being a sworn member of the Congress and a member of the Committee in question.
    He'll claim Executive Privilege anyway!
    Rattling the teacups.

Maybe this explains why the member from California looks like he just wet his pants.
    sproing

He's a rat-faced weasel. Honestly, the character of the Republicans in Congress, at least the ones who grab the microphone, is astounding. What a terrible human being.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

Folks. Folks, folks, folks.

Sorry to say, you’ve been duped. Old Dev is innocent! He hasn’t been doing no intrigues.

He’s too busy being a farmer on the farm he owns in his district.

Oh. Wait.

Peace,
    Robert

^ I saw how you did that, Rob !!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    ^ I saw how you did that, Rob !!
    What’s really sad is he’s my damned congressman. We passed right by his office last night going to and from pitching practice Daughter caught for.

I have never seen anyone in that office. Not even during the protests.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    The question is who’s funding devins lawsuits.
    Great question: $250 mil against Twitter; $77 mil against Hearst Magazines; $$435 mil against CNN; unstated amount against McClatchie New, all I guess for defamation.

Hey, Rob, are you going to Nunes’ secret fundraiser tonight in Visalia? Should be quite the event. Outside at the protest, that is.

“Devin’s Secret Fundraiser tomorrow is at the Fox Theatre in Visalia (308 Main Street). Doors open at 5:15. I’m hoping that he invited @lhfang �� #NunesGotCaught”
    Last edited by StevenBauer; 12-13-2019 at 09:44 AM.