Thread: Question for electrical/electronic wizards, Norman...

Default Question for electrical/electronic wizards, Norman...

Do these really work? If so do you know how they work?

https://getvoltex.com/article4/ca?gc...SAAEgI_ofD_BwE

Default Re: Question for electrical/electronic wizards, Norman...

Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

They only work for the folk selling them.

Of course it works, it's main purpose is moving money from your pocket into theirs, and it does that beautifully.

If you want a lower electricity bill you will have to do it the old fashioned way. Change all lights to LED and get into the habit of switching them off. Buy better rated washer, fridge, freezer, and induction cooktop. Use your washing machine only with a full load and airdry afterwards. Ironing clothes is a waste, stop doing it. Use handtools as much as you can, and I don't refer only to woodworking, broom and mop instead of vacuum cleaner, manual meat grinder, exercise your knife skills in the kitchen, you get the ideea. If you have to drive daily, buy car chargers and use them to charge all portable electronics and tool battery packs. Air-conditioning is better not used, but if you really have to don't use it to refrigerate the room.
    I can keep going, but every household has its own opportunities, you have to identify them. It's a great way to prepare for boat life, makes you energy conscious in advance.

Before you buy this, you should get the magnets that clamp on the fuel line to your carburetor. They bump you up to 100MPG instantly!

The device you show purports to clean up the current. Whether or not it does I can't say, but it won't change how much you use even it it makes it clean as a whistle. IOW - as said above, there ain't no shortcut.

Power companies have bumped up the voltage for years. If you measure your household voltage, you'll find what used to be 110 volts, then 120, will often be over 130 now. Electric meters run faster the higher the voltage is.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

That ad sets off every alarm. Conspiracy theories? Check. Brilliant idea suppressed because of collusion between venal companies and government? Check. WAY too many adjectives? Bad grammar? Check. Not a ghost of a coherent explanation of how it works? Check Utterly bogus graphs? Check. Mentions Nikolai Tesla? Check.

The laws of physics cannot be avoided.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

My opinion: There's one born every minute!
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Unanimous, as I expected.

Our hydro bill is only $50.00/month, not a problem, but I just had to know, I mean I was suspicious of LEDs when they first came out but now I have lots of them.

Thank you all.

The Algorithm Is Watching