Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 646555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,960 of 2012

Thread: POLITICAL Cartoons.

  1. #1926
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    52,120

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    Well versed David. Thanks. I value your input. It’s nice that you have a safe harbor to shelter you from different views. I must have been confused by the words “open borders.”

    Credibility is also important. It would be wise to keep that in mind.

    Back to cartoons? Or does FO want to respond to publically calling me a liar?

    I'm mostly not sure what your comments to me mean. Can you clarify? 'Safe harbor'? 'Shelter you from different views'? What was that about credibility? Speak plainly, please.

    What does seem clear is that you still contend that D's are calling for 'open borders' as part of the their official stance. FO says that's a lie. I have to agree.

    You cited a quote from HRC which speaks to a dream. An ideal. An eventual goal. Are you under the impression that this 'dream' of hers has been folded into the negotiations? Or has become a part of the D platform? Or plays any role in the party beyond a vague hope which some may sympathize with?

    I'm not. If you are... based upon what evidence?

    That is the nub. If you can credibly support that belief, then FO is wrong, and you'd have an argument that your cartoon is 'political commentary' instead of 'propaganda'.

    And, of course at that point we'd have to take up the question of what that stuff flowing out of the elevator represents, and whether that representation would be accurate. To me it looks like some sort of bloody mess. Suggesting that a policy of 'open borders' would result in blood and filth flowing in. Debatable, eh? One might even call it a second lie inserted to buttress the first lie.
    Last edited by David G; 01-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  2. #1927
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    52,120

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    Oops... more propaganda. You don't seem to have developed a recognition of that distinction I mentioned.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  3. #1928
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,594

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.


  4. #1929
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sharon, MA
    Posts
    21,259

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    Bluedog225, stop for one minute, and think about what this thing says: it says that ANY fact-checking, if it doesn't support a conservative point of view, is invariably false.

    Do you REALLY believe that?

    We'd like to know... because if you DO believe that, then we can safely ignore pretty much anything you post, as the lunatic ravings of someone who is totally out of touch with reality.

    It would save us all a great deal of wasted typing effort.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."







  5. #1930
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    18,327

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Now THIS is funny:

    aoc.jpg

    What are you doing about it?




  6. #1931
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    Sorry. I really am missing your point.
    Here's the point:

    DON'T FEED THE TROLL.
    Last edited by oznabrag; 01-10-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Rattling the teacups.

  7. #1932
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    52,120

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Here's the point:

    DON'T FEED THE TROLL.
    It appears as if you may be right about your appellation. But I like to give new contenders for the title fair and adequate opportunity to prove otherwise before deciding.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  8. #1933
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Rattling the teacups.

  9. #1934
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Rattling the teacups.

  10. #1935
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Rattling the teacups.

  11. #1936
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Rattling the teacups.

  12. #1937
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Rattling the teacups.

  13. #1938
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    52,120

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.







    And... bluedog... you have yet to address the issue of supporting your 'open borders' contention. I think it's time to do so... or admit your error. Failure to choose one will leave us to draw our own conclusions.
    Last edited by David G; 01-10-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  14. #1939
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    17,121

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.


  15. #1940
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,594

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.



    You seem to miss my point frequently. I’ll work on being more clear.

    Co-Chair of the Democrat National Committee, US Rep Keith Ellison’s tshirt: “yo no creo en fronteras.”




    Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton to Brazilian bank investors:
    “My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders...”


    Facts are inconvenient things. Open borders (to include the abolish ICE campaign) is high on the list of things that dems want to distance themselves from because it will not play well in the next election. The denial is transparent and desperate.


    Now go apply your rigorous analysis to the cartoon of the President of the United States desecrating the grave of an American hero at the U.S. Naval Academy and tell me some more about offensive lies.





  16. #1941
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    8,138

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  17. #1942
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    18,327

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    So, you don't have evidence that "open borders" is a policy espoused by Democratic Party politicians or supporters. Got it. (Also, for the logically impaired, "abolish ICE" and "open borders" do not mean the same thing. You might be capable of understanding this.)

    While I didn't post the McCain cartoon and I'm certainly not here to defend it, the fact is that many prominent Republicans, including Turnip, trashed McCain. The term "pi**ing on someone's grave" is a commonly employed metaphor for doing so, and I would suggest that it is much closer to the truth than an unsupported assertion that Democrats want "open borders".

    Try again.

    What are you doing about it?




  18. #1943
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    If y'all want to discuss precisely how moronic Reds are, there is a whole forum out there with billions and billions of electrons ready and waiting.
    Rattling the teacups.

  19. #1944
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Rattling the teacups.

  20. #1945
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    8,138

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    ^Why is that guy yelling at Amish Rob?
    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  21. #1946
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,594

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.


  22. #1947
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    18,327

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    If y'all want to discuss precisely how moronic Reds are, there is a whole forum out there with billions and billions of electrons ready and waiting.
    Sorry, John.

    What are you doing about it?




  23. #1948
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    8,138

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  24. #1949
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,318

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.


    Rattling the teacups.

  25. #1950
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    8,138

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Skip

    ---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

  26. #1951
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    52,120

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    If y'all want to discuss precisely how moronic Reds are, there is a whole forum out there with billions and billions of electrons ready and waiting.
    As you wish.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  27. #1952
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    16,860

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    ^Why is that guy yelling at Amish Rob?
    I had absolutely no need to explain who I was for Halloween.

    Peace,
    Robert

  28. #1953
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    52,120

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  29. #1954
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,594

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.


  30. #1955
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Northern NSW Australia
    Posts
    73,788

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

  31. #1956
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia
    Posts
    2,912

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Philip K. Dick 'Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away'.

  32. #1957
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,594

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.


  33. #1958
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    26,657

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    No argument on the debt needing to come down!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  34. #1959
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg MB
    Posts
    18,327

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    No argument on the debt needing to come down!
    Yep. Funny how the Democrats seem to be the only ones who actually do anything about it, though.

    What are you doing about it?




  35. #1960
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    26,657

    Default Re: POLITICAL Cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Yep. Funny how the Democrats seem to be the only ones who actually do anything about it, though.
    Not true!

    The Reps increase the debt regularly. They think that's doing something about it.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •