Thread: Trump non-Presidential aeroplane

Default Trump non-Presidential aeroplane

According to the UK “Daily Mail”, which is reliably pro-Trump, pro-Brexit, etc., the Trumpery 757 is not going anywhere fast:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ork-state.html

It seems he thought he was going to win, so he wouldn’t be needing his 757 as he would have Air Force One.

He stopped maintenance on it...
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Default Re: Trump non-Presidential aeroplane

Perhaps Deutsche Bank won’t need to spend much on a repo man if it’s grounded so conveniently.

Can he even afford to maintain a 30-year-old aircraft?

He definitely thought he was going to win, hence the disorganised attempted coup because he had to win…. and the cold feet once it began. The noose threatened…… though as CinC would treason mean a firing squad?

Default Trump non-Presidential aeroplane

Looks like number 1 engine is removed. If it has to go to lake Charles for MTC it is probably due a C check. None of that is going to be cheap. I would offer my services but I am sure the bastard would not pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    Looks like number 1 engine is removed.
    Well it's a match then, number 1 himself is also removed!

I doubt whether the so-called author of Art Of The Deal has the bidnez acumen to run a paper route.

And with Marine-One available 24/7 why would he keep the helicopters current?

Looks like number 1 engine is removed. If it has to go to lake Charles for MTC it is probably due a C check. None of that is going to be cheap. I would offer my services but I am sure the bastard would not pay.

Why the heck would it need to go to LA? Ah, here's why:

'The refurbishment of the 757, when it finally happens, will take place at Citadel Completions,' Ostrower said.
    'Citadel's owner is the recently-deceased Sheldon Adelson, who was also the president's largest single campaign donor.'
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Why the heck would they remove an engine without it a) being sent for refurbishment, or b) having a replacement ready to be installed?

Everything Trump does is on the cheap unless the US taxpayer is paying for it, then it's a blank check.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

How about a coal-powered craft?

Painted gold, of course.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! —Cole Porter

Maintenance? Sounds like infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    Why the heck would they remove an engine without it a) being sent for refurbishment, or b) having a replacement ready to be installed?

Everything Trump does is on the cheap unless the US taxpayer is paying for it, then it's a blank check.
    they pulled the engine so the cheap bursted couldn’t take the plane without paying his bill.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    How about a coal-powered craft?
    I prefer this coal-powered aircraft but I doubt that Trump could squeeze into even if he deployed all his spanx.

I was wondering what happened to that 30 year old relic.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

I've been expressing a fantasy for years about how that black "TRUMP" plane might take a nosedive from 40,000 ft due to the owner having stiffed his mechanics. Now consider this, if one engine has been removed at this point, it very likely was not operating right when the aircraft was inbound to the airport at which it now is parked.

I suspect that quite a bit more of the Trump empire is going to start falling apart and crumbling over the next year...

The inter-webs tells me that it costs approximately $8,300. USD per hour to operate a Boeing 757-200. Not certain if that includes crew and ramp charges.

If reports are true that he lost 120 million last year alone, owes in excess of 1.2 billion and is losing business and associations faster than you can blink, I doubt he'll be de-mothballing the Scammer Express anytime soon.

A roundtrip from Scam-A-Largo to say his California golf property and back would be north of 60K, ain't happening.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post

Aircraft engines, like everything else on a plane, are subject to limitations on running hours, if its "out of hours" it cant be flown.
    If there isn't money to do the maintenance, or replace it, the plane is grounded.
    I suspect that it was pulled to do the maintenance, thats actually a pretty quick operation, routine, but the order to do the work never came.

Right now that plane, with thousands of later model aircraft in storage is probably only worth scrap value.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Don't the cool guys all have Gulfstream IIIs?
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! —Cole Porter

Interesting. First owner was a Norwegian charter company, then a Mexican executive charter company, then it was Paul Allen’s. When Allen owned it, it was awarded for its use in various emergencies, floods, earthquakes, etc. Locally, a young policeman was shot and killed. His parents were in Brazil. Allen’s plane was in Miami, and was dispatched to Rio to bring the parents home.

Allen’s holding company sold it to trump, ending all mercy missions.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Those of us with old boats can appreciate old planes in regular service. It's with particular pleasure that one family has had three generations of B-52 pilots. Which mattered in my family as the first movie I watched as a conscious following the plot person was with Dad - Strategic Air Command. Dad had met the returned Jimmy Stewart when, sateside after DDay, Dad was serving as AAF technical advisor in Hollywood. Dad got to stunt punch Cary Grant.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    Don't the cool guys all have Gulfstream IIIs?
    They're up to Gulfstream VI (actually 650). The Gulfstream 700 comes out in 2022.

Trump has a Cessna Citation.

Fred Drift on Ian's post: Friend in Norfolk UK is an A&E mech and inspector for home built a/craft. His workshop is the old base building of an 8th AF field. Stewart was CO and you can still see the painted 'readiness board' for the a/c and his office is where Stewart would wait while the bombers were over Europe. There is also the remains of a lot of ducting, as the building was designed with gas attacks in mind. He does get a few visiters esp from the US.

President Carter flies commercial. He has a habit of coming through the cabin to greet and shake hands with the other passengers. He did that in May 2017 on a flight my 19-year old son was on. It really made his day. Contrasts.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    They're up to Gulfstream VI (actually 650). The Gulfstream 700 comes out in 2022.

Trump has a Cessna Citation.

There’s even a pop song lyric about them: Fly like a G6.