Thread: They only go to 99....

Default They only go to 99....

Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Default Re: They only go to 99....

The normal man might not his high score, go home to make the sign, and return. The Florida man will note the high score, swing around the block steering with one hand and painting the sign with the other, and will then slow to about 50 to frisbee it out the window and against the radar trailer.

Ha ha - many years ago, a mate of mine went through a radar trap at 120 - in a 35 zone. Cop waved him down... but he decided to keep going instead. These days, they'd throw you in gaol and crush the bike/car for that. He was a GP racer... and he, of course, should have known better and been a better-behaved lad.... but he wasn't.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Up here, in Gawdz Country, the gendarmerie stopped a kid who was streaming his attempt to hit 50 in a 25.
    Speed on a residential street while aiming your phone camera at the sign.
    Mom and dad weren't pleased.
    Carpe Librum!

Are you sure they only go to 99? They don't just drop the 1 and show 105 as 05?

We need testing.
    The true patriotism, the only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the Nation ALL the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Up here, in Gawdz Country, the gendarmerie stopped a kid who was streaming his attempt to hit 50 in a 25.
    Speed on a residential street while aiming your phone camera at the sign.
    Mom and dad weren't pleased.
    I just got this mental image of the parents saying, "We are not amused." Somehow, I think corporal punishment was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    Are you sure they only go to 99? They don't just drop the 1 and show 105 as 05?

We need testing.
    IKR?

Volunteers?

(am I glad my LC won't top 80! (-: )

Many years ago a friend got stopped for doing 120 in a 50. He took it to court & told the judge "It's an MGB - the car is not capable of going that fast." The judge had owned one & agreed - so he threw it out.

After leaving the court house, he drove the B to the airport to fill up with the Av Gas the 12:1 compression ratio engine required.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I've done 5X the limit. 75 in a 15 area. In my defense; I was in my 20's and it was a wide , straight, waterfront (called a promenade in the UK)and 6 AM on a Summer morning.

I dated a woman who drove down the boardwalk in San Diego. Speed is irrelevant.