Thread: Deplorables: we were warned

Default Deplorables: we were warned

Was she actually under-stating the case?

Hillary Clinton's 'Deplorables' Warning Is Coming True, Salon Writer Says

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hilla...b0d9b6de9ed2b1
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Default Re: Deplorables: we were warned

I feel her pain <G> --

Hillary Clinton’s 2016 warning about the “deplorables” emerging in the Republican Party when Donald Trump ran against her for president wasn’t just correct; she underestimated their impact, a Salon commentator wrote in a scathing essay posted Wednesday.

“In many ways, Clinton was too kind,” Chauncey DeVega wrote. “If anything, she underestimated how many Americans were in fact committed and enthusiastic human deplorables.”

The political essayist is not the first to revisit Clinton’s speech of late. The Washington Post recently noted that some called the former senator’s remarks “prescient.” The Baltimore Sun declared last year, “Ms. Clinton was right.”
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comey didn't help. MY first reaction to the newly discovered emails, which the news immediately called a 'BOMBSHELL' was that the FBI had already seen these emails at Hillary's end, which turned out to be true, but the damage was done.

This woman knew the names of all the world leaders, and could pronounce them. She could also find all the countries on the map. Likely the most qualified ever to run for the office.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

It is never a good idea to insult those who you need to win elections. What the candidate says reflects on the party.
    Life is complex.

^
    Are you suggesting Democrats need Trumpkins to win elections?
    " I am one of those white, common sense conservatives. I believe in science and I have not taken the shot.
    -- Sarah Palin, 9/16/21

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    ^
    Are you suggesting Democrats need Trumpkins to win elections?
    I think what he's saying is that the DNC is made up of MORONS, who have had a couple centuries of opportunities to grasp US electoral politics, yet continue to squander every chance.

If we're depending on those Bozos to drive the Fascists into the sea . . .
    Rattling the teacups.